FORUMS

[APP][ROOT][7 June] Pixel Launcher Mods - Icon Packs & more for STOCK Pixel Launcher

8,189 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,000

By Quinny899, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 8th January 2018, 08:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th January 2018, 05:17 PM |#11  
Flag Kuwait City
Thanks Meter: 216

More
Pretty sweet!
9th January 2018, 05:21 PM |#12  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 10,006

Donate to Me
More
Great app thanks for sharing! Working great with Pixel2 launcher.
9th January 2018, 05:35 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
This works great! Thank you so much!
9th January 2018, 06:41 PM |#14  
Flag Montevideo
Thanks Meter: 1,160

More
Make something yo change the icon size without change the dpi. Please 😣
9th January 2018, 06:48 PM |#15  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emime12

Make something yo change the icon size without change the dpi. Please

From the FAQ:

Quote:

Q: Can you implement X feature?
A: Probably not. This app works off modifying the already available files - not the app itself. Whilst there are some mods you can make by editing the Shared Preferences (such as enabling/disabling the Google search bar in the app drawer, changing the top row of apps in the drawer and enabling the "bounce" animation), they get reset every time the launcher loads, so are useless. I can't implement icon hiding, grid size changes, overlapping widgets, or any of your other favourite custom launcher features - use a proper custom launcher for that

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2018, 07:01 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

Can't seem to reproduce that, at least trying other icon packs (yours is paid, so I can't test it with that exact config) on the launcher and it works fine

I tried this icon pack with Rootless Pixel Launcher and it doesn't work. Setting individual icons works fine, though.

Oneplus 5, stock 5.0.1 OOS, Magisk.
The Following User Says Thank You to RokRovan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RokRovan Ad-Free
9th January 2018, 07:07 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
How do I revert my icons back to stock??
The Following User Says Thank You to kpalian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kpalian Ad-Free
9th January 2018, 07:12 PM |#18  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpalian

How do I revert my icons back to stock??

Currently you have to do it one by one in the app, or clear the data of both Pixel Launcher and this app (will reset your homescreen layout too). I plan to add a "reset all" option for the next update though
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2018, 07:14 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

Currently you have to do it one by one in the app, or clear the data of both Pixel Launcher and this app (will reset your homescreen layout too). I plan to add a "reset all" option for the next update though

Dang! That sucks.

Additionally, there are a lot of bugs with applying icon packs. Example: I applied an icon pack, but not all of the icons were skinned. Example #2: I tried applying a different icon pack and it just didn't work. So, yeah.

Thanks!
9th January 2018, 07:25 PM |#20  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpalian

Dang! That sucks.

Additionally, there are a lot of bugs with applying icon packs. Example: I applied an icon pack, but not all of the icons were skinned. Example #2: I tried applying a different icon pack and it just didn't work. So, yeah.

Thanks!

This is probably down to the way the app works. It uses a highly experimental method of running Java code as root, so it's buggy. You may have to apply the icon pack a couple of times for it to work.

In terms of it not applying to all icons, which ones aren't skinned? Are they adaptive icons? If so, you need to either apply them manually or enable the option to apply to adaptive icons in the app's settings. This is disabled by default because 1.) adaptive icons are usually fairly well themed already, unless you're going for a totally different style and 2.) when their icons are changed, you get a glitched overlay when they're long pressed
The Following User Says Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2018, 07:30 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Awesome work dev....
Also what's with the persistent notification.....Is this app supposed to run continuously in background....???
Will it have any adverse effect if I prohibit it from running in background.....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
icon packs, launcher, mods, pixel, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)