FORUMS

[APP][ROOT][7 June] Pixel Launcher Mods - Icon Packs & more for STOCK Pixel Launcher

8,189 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,000

By Quinny899, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 8th January 2018, 08:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th January 2018, 07:30 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Awesome work dev....
Also what's with the persistent notification.....Is this app supposed to run continuously in background....???
Will it have any adverse effect if I prohibit it from running in background.....
9th January 2018, 07:49 PM |#22  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskkk

Awesome work dev....
Also what's with the persistent notification.....Is this app supposed to run continuously in background....???
Will it have any adverse effect if I prohibit it from running in background.....

Yes. It runs in the background to apply changes when an app updates. If you block it from running, it will not automatically re-apply icons when you update an app. You can hide the notification if you want though, that won't make any difference
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2018, 08:11 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

This is probably down to the way the app works. It uses a highly experimental method of running Java code as root, so it's buggy. You may have to apply the icon pack a couple of times for it to work.

In terms of it not applying to all icons, which ones aren't skinned? Are they adaptive icons? If so, you need to either apply them manually or enable the option to apply to adaptive icons in the app's settings. This is disabled by default because 1.) adaptive icons are usually fairly well themed already, unless you're going for a totally different style and 2.) when their icons are changed, you get a glitched overlay when they're long pressed

Now, I tried resetting the data in the pixel launcher and reinstalling the APK, and it cleared the icon pack, but now when I try to apply a different icon pack, it gets stuck on Applying Icon Pack... any ideas?
9th January 2018, 08:16 PM |#24  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpalian

Now, I tried resetting the data in the pixel launcher and reinstalling the APK, and it cleared the icon pack, but now when I try to apply a different icon pack, it gets stuck on Applying Icon Pack... any ideas?

Kill the app and try again
The Following User Says Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2018, 08:29 PM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

Kill the app and try again

I tried that. Didn't work.
9th January 2018, 09:52 PM |#26  

More
Anyway to hide apps?
9th January 2018, 10:59 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
OP you should consider option to revert specific apps to stock icon.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matrixhaj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matrixhaj Ad-Free
10th January 2018, 12:09 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Anyone getting the applying icon notice and just keeps spinning and doesnt update them?

Nexus 6P
Ex Oreo rom with pixel 2 launcher
magisk
Adaway

Magisk is granting root access
Tested 5-6 different icon packs
Am using multi-user (but on primary)
Gave up after 5 min
10th January 2018, 12:10 AM |#29  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 359

More
Hey, guys. There is an easy way to revert all icons back to stock. Use a root browser and go to data/data/com.google.android.apps.nexuslauncher/databases and delete the files "app_icons.db" and "app_icons.db-journal"
After that, delete the Pixel launcher cache, force close it and then when you hit the home button, all icons will be the stock ones.

Worked fine for me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to -Ric- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -Ric- Ad-Free
10th January 2018, 12:19 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 193

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bromkovsky

Anyone getting the applying icon notice and just keeps spinning and doesnt update them?

Nexus 6P
magisk
Adaway

Gave up after 5 min

Yeah same here.

Pixel 2
Magisk 15.2

I love the stock launcher, but would love to use all my paid icon packs.

Thanks Dev for working on this!
10th January 2018, 12:20 AM |#31  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpalian

I tried that. Didn't work.

Rebooting maybe? Very strange how it worked once and now isn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangordi8901

Anyway to hide apps?

No. Read the FAQ in the OP, I can't add features I'm just editing what's already there

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixhaj

OP you should consider option to revert specific apps to stock icon.

There already is, press the menu button in the dialog that opens when editing an icon, you can revert it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bromkovsky

Nexus 6P
magisk
Adaway

Gave up after 5 min

Did it apply after you'd given up? Sometimes it applies but the dialog stays open

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ric-

Hey, guys. There is an easy way to revert all icons back to stock. Use a root browser and go to data/data/com.google.android.apps.nexuslauncher/databases and delete the files "app_icons.db" and "app_icons.db-journal"
After that, delete the Pixel launcher cache, force close it and then when you hit the home button, all icons will be the stock ones.

Worked fine for me.

Correct, that's basically what the revert all option would do when I add it (that also resets labels)
The Following User Says Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
icon packs, launcher, mods, pixel, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)