FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][5.0+][ROOT] Play Music Exporter

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 85

By jcgruenhage, Junior Member on 19th March 2017, 04:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey everybody,

some of you might have known this app, but that hasn't been updated in a while. I therefore decided to fork the "new" beta a few months back, and I got that working again and extended it a bit.

What is it?

Basically, it's an app that takes the cached and downloaded songs of Google Play Music, adds ID3 tags to them from the database of GPM, searches for covers online, and saves all that together in an MP3 wherever you want.

Bug reports and Feature Requests:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here, or in the matrix discussion room. If you find any bugs, or have feature requests, please check the issue tracker on github, if you can't find it, report it there, post in this thread, or write a message in the discussion room linked above.

Download:

You can download the app either on F-Droid, or XDA-Labs. Please note though, that the release to F-Droid is a bit faster, since it is automatic, and I only add a release on XDA-Labs, after it has been successfully published to F-Droid.

XDA:DevDB Information
Play Music Exporter, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
jcgruenhage, Arcus92
Source Code: https://github.com/jcgruenhage/PlayMusicExporter

Version Information

Created 2017-03-19
Last Updated 2017-03-23
The Following 68 Users Say Thank You to jcgruenhage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcgruenhage Ad-Free
21st March 2017, 05:54 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey jcgruenhage! Many thanks for the app, that helps you to get all your cached music from Google Play Music All Access. And also, many thanks for the tipp, that it is possible to get the unprotected mp3 directly on PC from GMPAA with help of Remix OS Player.

You are great!
22nd March 2017, 01:08 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Thanks for this app. I am wondering, does this require root?
22nd March 2017, 02:30 PM |#4  
Flag Gloucestershire
Thanks Meter: 201

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godly967

Thanks for this app. I am wondering, does this require root?

Yes, as it says in the description
22nd March 2017, 08:54 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you so much for your rework of the initial app !
This is now working again (Galaxy S6 under LL) and actually perfect !
23rd March 2017, 05:51 AM |#6  
Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 39

More
I love the concept of this app, however I'm having issues. No matter where I set the export location (internal or external) or where Google has the music saved (again, internal or external), the app gets through a few hundred songs then seems to freeze on one randomly. The app doesn't crash or give me an error, it just seems to stop working. This is regardless of whether the device is awake, asleep, running other apps, running nothing, etc. It seems to move progressively slower in exporting each song until it just decides to stop.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge running stock rooted Marshmallow.

Edit: saw your request for issues to be posted on Git. Sorry.
23rd March 2017, 09:01 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kar
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2

Edit: saw your request for issues to be posted on Git. Sorry.

Well, I guess if I post this here, I should be able to check every now and then, just changed the description above, post issues wherever you want, I'll collect them on github ^^

On to your issue however: There have been a few people reporting this on the original app, and so far, I have not found the cause. However, using the automatic export, I have seen a few hundred songs getting exported without any delay, so maybe unifying the export calls of these two operations might help.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcgruenhage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcgruenhage Ad-Free
23rd March 2017, 11:32 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Doesn't work with MagiskSU.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to triggerlord For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift triggerlord Ad-Free
23rd March 2017, 11:42 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Not asking for root magisksu
The Following User Says Thank You to metrize For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift metrize Ad-Free
24th March 2017, 01:52 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Working perfectly on my rooted Nexus 9!
24th March 2017, 11:25 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Can you please add download support for this app?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....saavn.android
Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to nextheart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nextheart Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)