FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Power Button Flashlight / Torch

607 posts
Thanks Meter: 508

By owenbeals, Senior Member on 18th February 2015, 05:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
powerpowerpower

One of the most annoying things ever has to be carrying a handful of stuff, fumbling for keys, and then fumbling for your LED flashlight on your phone so you can see the lock on the door you are tyring to unlock. With stock android you have to wake up your phone, punch in your pin, swipe down your status bar, then press your flashlight toggle. This could take up to 5 seconds. If you need your flashlight and you need it fast there is a better way.

Jones Technologies has developed a Flashlight/Torch app that allows you to turn on your flashlight with just the power button. The best part is that it doesn't even require root. The app is free with an in app purchase. The free version allows you to turn on the flashlight by pressing the power button 3 times in a row fast. To turn it off just open the app and turn it off. The paid version allows you to use the power button to turn the flashlight off.

Description
* Start flashlight by pressing phone's Power button 3 times within 3 seconds!
* Now you have the fastest flashlight - a hardware torch with an actual physical button for switch!
* Brightest flashlight you can get on Android - no doubt, this is as bright as flashlights can get!
NO ROOT required!
NOTE: Do not press too quickly if your phone is slow.
Features:
★ Start flashlight for free by pressing Power button of the device 3 times.
★ Fastest flashlight - no need to unlock or even look at phone to start the flash light.
★ Power button flashlight always works - start it even if screen is off or device is asleep.
★ Flashlight stays on while doing other things or while screen is off.
★ Stop flashlight with 3 hits of Power button (in Full version only). Or just stop the LED light inside the app for free.
★ Shake to start flashlight only when screen is On.
★ The Power button flashlight toggle is optimized for performance and right user experience - see more settings inside.
Flashlight tested and working on the LED flash of most nowadays devices!
If you have any problems or suggestions please write us at flashlight.support@brink-tech.com .
Please do not leave bad rating, as this is not helping this flashlight app to get better! Thanks!
You can now join the public Beta: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!fo...p-beta-testing

GRAB THE APP ON THE PLAY STORE
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to owenbeals For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift owenbeals Ad-Free

18th February 2015, 06:16 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 441

More
"Brightest flashlight on android" lol

What, it's brighter than ever other app that turns my camera flash on? Awesome.
18th February 2015, 12:14 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Use Longpress Power button is more useful than Press Power 3 times
18th February 2015, 04:17 PM |#4  
Flag The Black Village
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieuliau

Use Longpress Power button is more useful than Press Power 3 times

LongPress will bring up the Power options!
18th February 2015, 04:32 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles1978

"Brightest flashlight on android" lol

What, it's brighter than ever other app that turns my camera flash on? Awesome.

They could be using it as a double entendre. Yes Brighter and bight could be referring to the luminescent output, but it could also mean how smart something is. When referring to a flashlight app, using bright is just a more fun way of saying "Smartest flashlight you can get on Android - no doubt, this is as smart as flashlights can get!"
So to answer your question, yes it is brighter than ever other app that turns your camera flash on because it can do so without unlocking your phone or even looking at the screen. Just triple click the power button. That seems smart to me.

EDIT: After just a few minutes of testing this app, I purchased the full version. Great app. Truly is the brightest(smartest) flashlight app I have used.
18th February 2015, 04:56 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 441

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusmarcus

They could be using it as a double entendre. Yes Brighter and bight could be referring to the luminescent output, but it could also mean how smart something is. When referring to a flashlight app, using bright is just a more fun way of saying "Smartest flashlight you can get on Android - no doubt, this is as smart as flashlights can get!"
So to answer your question, yes it is brighter than ever other app that turns your camera flash on because it can do so without unlocking your phone or even looking at the screen. Just triple click the power button. That seems smart to me.

Yeah, I think he's joking. I f*!&#%g hope he's joking lol.
18th February 2015, 08:07 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
too bad it doesn't work on xperia E1 dual with latest kitkat rom,(rooted)

I get a notification that flashlight is on after pressing the on/off button, but it is not......
sometimes very rare ,the app just opens and I need to push the big button to actually use the flashlight.
19th February 2015, 08:27 AM |#8  
Black Forrest, Germany
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Great idea! It's working fine on my Nexus 5. I brought the pro version, it's more convenient to switch the light off again with the power button.

If you need help with the German translation feel free to send me the strings.
19th February 2015, 09:08 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
I also bought the pro version.

It doesn't work well for me on my Nexus 5. It's a hit and miss.
Sometimes after pressing the required # of power buton clicks the app repoerts that it's on but it's not.
I played with the # of required clicks and the timing but haven't been able to get it to a point where is just works w/o having to make a few attempts..

I'm fully stock, never rooted but have Pattern Screen Lock enabled on my device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klausi

Great idea! It's working fine on my Nexus 5. I brought the pro version, it's more convenient to switch the light off again with the power button.

19th February 2015, 10:01 PM |#10  
Black Forrest, Germany
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Sorry to hear. I set it to expect 3 on/off switches in 2 sec. If I'm too fast with the repetitions it's not working (like onoffon). But if I do it calm like on, off, on is relaible.
24th February 2015, 12:11 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles1978

Yeah, I think he's joking. I f*!&#%g hope he's joking lol.

Hi there,
Of course we are joking - we all know the intensity of light could not be changed. That's why we say "this is as bright as flashlights can get", and this is included for both ASO (app's SEO) and user's that are lame enough to search for the brightest flashlight. I am glad you found a better way to understand "bright" . And thanks for using the flashlight.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klausi

Hi there,
Very kind of you to offer your help with German translation. Could you write to us at android@brink-tech.com , so that we can send you back the English strings.xml ?
And thank you for purchasing the full version!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, button, flashlight, power, torch

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)