FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Private Clipboard

181 posts
Thanks Meter: 145

By easyjoin, Senior Member on 3rd September 2019, 05:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This simple app creates a private clipboard that cannot be read by other applications.
It doesn't need any permission to run.
It needs Android 6 (Marshmallow) or newer.

To copy text to your private clipboard:
  • Select the text to be copied.
  • In the context menu, select the icon to see further options - normally a three-point icon.
  • Choose "Copy to Private Clipboard".

To paste text from your private clipboard:
  • Select the text to replace. If you don't want to replace an existing text you need to write a couple of characters and select them.
  • In the context menu, select the icon to see further options - normally a three-point icon.
  • Choose "Paste from Private Clipboard".

This app is a spin-off from EasyJoin.

Versions
  • PrivateClipboard 1.0-2.apk
    - Strings "Copy to Private Clipboard" and "Paste from Private Clipboard" replaced from "Copy to MyClip" and "Paste from MyClip" because the original strings was not entirely visible in some devices .
  • PrivateClipboard 1.0-1.apk
Attached Files
File Type: apk PrivateClipboard 1.0-1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.25 MB, 512 views)
File Type: apk PrivateClipboard 1.0-2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.25 MB, 798 views)
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to easyjoin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift easyjoin Ad-Free

9th September 2019, 04:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Very cool, thanks! Didn't even realize I needed this til I saw it. That's an indication of a useful app, imo. It took a bit of experimentation to figure out because the 'copy' and 'paste' look the same (screenshot).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190909082804.png
Views:	632
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	4817328  
9th September 2019, 05:18 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiTiB

It took a bit of experimentation to figure out because the 'copy' and 'paste' look the same (screenshot).

LOL every android device is a unique case. The complete strings are "Copy to Private Clipboard" and "Paste from Private Clipboard".
9th September 2019, 05:29 PM |#4  
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 640

More
Useful in an immense manner. Thanks for backporting this to devices that aren't on 10! Great idea
9th September 2019, 05:47 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiTiB

It took a bit of experimentation to figure out because the 'copy' and 'paste' look the same (screenshot).

Strings of version 2 (PrivateClipboard 1.0-2.apk) are entirely visible? Or should i have to remove "to" and "from"?
9th September 2019, 06:21 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 765

More
Is there a way of utilising it from the address bar in chrome say? As I get another default cut/cut/paste menu there. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-09-09-18-20-37-372_com.kiwibrowser.browser.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	4817363

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk
9th September 2019, 06:26 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyjoin

LOL every android device is a unique case. The complete strings are "Copy to Private Clipboard" and "Paste from Private Clipboard".

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e (SM-T720), btw
9th September 2019, 06:31 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 351

More
does it work on miui?
9th September 2019, 06:37 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
is the source code available? can't really see me change to an app which can read everything I copy if I don't know what it's really doing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xbdy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xbdy Ad-Free
9th September 2019, 10:29 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Cool, so far it works great!
OP5T android 9
11th September 2019, 09:19 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Great thanks!
Very helpful as second clipboard.
The Following User Says Thank You to ooleynich For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ooleynich Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)