FORUMS

[APP] Private Clipboard - Keeps your clips private

280 posts
Thanks Meter: 235

By easyjoin, Senior Member on 3rd September 2019, 05:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This app creates a private clipboard that cannot be read by other apps.
It doesn't need any permission to run.
It needs Android 6 (Marshmallow) or newer.

Get it from XDA labs.

To copy text to your private clipboard:
  • Select the text to be copied.
  • In the context menu, select the icon to see further options - normally a three-dots icon.
  • Choose "Copy to PClip".

To paste text from your private clipboard:
  • Select the text to replace. If you don't want to replace an existing text you need to write a couple of characters and select them.
  • In the context menu, select the icon to see further options - normally a three-dots icon.
  • Choose "Paste from PClip".

To view/manage clipboard history:
  • Choose the icon at the top right of the main page.
  • Or, choose "PClip history" in the context menu.
  • Or, use the quick settings tile.

Powered by EasyJoin.net

There is a paid version that offers a few extra things, like the private notes, the black theme and possibility to paste to editable fields that don't offer the "three dots" menu: "Secure Clips".

If you want to auto-sync clipboard between your devices you can use EasyJoin "Pro". Also works on Android Q using private clipboard.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to easyjoin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift easyjoin Ad-Free
9th September 2019, 04:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 494

More
Very cool, thanks! Didn't even realize I needed this til I saw it. That's an indication of a useful app, imo. It took a bit of experimentation to figure out because the 'copy' and 'paste' look the same (screenshot).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190909082804.png
Views:	2082
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	4817328  
9th September 2019, 05:18 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiTiB

It took a bit of experimentation to figure out because the 'copy' and 'paste' look the same (screenshot).

LOL every android device is a unique case. The complete strings are "Copy to Private Clipboard" and "Paste from Private Clipboard".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easyjoin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift easyjoin Ad-Free
9th September 2019, 05:29 PM |#4  
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 661

More
Useful in an immense manner. Thanks for backporting this to devices that aren't on 10! Great idea
The Following User Says Thank You to RedSkull23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RedSkull23 Ad-Free
9th September 2019, 05:47 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

It took a bit of experimentation to figure out because the 'copy' and 'paste' look the same (screenshot).

Strings of version 2 (PrivateClipboard 1.0-2.apk) are entirely visible? Or should i have to remove "to" and "from"?
9th September 2019, 06:21 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 770

More
Is there a way of utilising it from the address bar in chrome say? As I get another default cut/cut/paste menu there. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-09-09-18-20-37-372_com.kiwibrowser.browser.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	4817363

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk
9th September 2019, 06:26 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 494

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyjoin

LOL every android device is a unique case. The complete strings are "Copy to Private Clipboard" and "Paste from Private Clipboard".

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e (SM-T720), btw
9th September 2019, 06:31 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 351

More
does it work on miui?
9th September 2019, 10:29 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Cool, so far it works great!
OP5T android 9
11th September 2019, 09:19 AM |#10  
Flag Kaliningrad
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Great thanks!
Very helpful as second clipboard.
The Following User Says Thank You to ooleynich For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ooleynich Ad-Free
12th September 2019, 12:15 AM |#11  
Quote:

Very cool, thanks! Didn't even realize I needed this til I saw it. That's an indication of a useful app, imo. It took a bit of experimentation to figure out because the 'copy' and 'paste' look the same (screenshot).

This problem reminds me of this Android 10 'feature': "However, apps that have a long name and multiple targets (like ES File Explorer in the screenshots above) may suffer. The target's title doesn't display so you may not know which section of the app you're sharing to." https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/0...betical-order/
The Following User Says Thank You to SGH-i200 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SGH-i200 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)