FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.0+][Material Design] Pulsar Music Player

943 posts
Thanks Meter: 582

By rhmsoft, Senior Member on 9th September 2015, 03:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from rhmsoft: Theme customization is supported in latest version!
25th November 2015, 01:21 PM |#121  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazorbeam

Hi rhmsoft, thank you for the great work you did on this player.

I am a ballroom dance instructor and I'm looking for a player I can use for my group trainings. My demand for a music player might be a bit different from what other people need but maybe it is not too difficult and could be done quite easily.
All information about kind of dance and bpm of all my dance music is stored in the comment field of the ID3 tag. Would it be possible to search for the comment as well?
Most of the dance music CDs are samplers. So there are lots of different artists on one Album. If the contend of an album is listed, would it be possible to show the artist and the title as well as the comment of a piece of music?
Regarding artwork. Does the artwork have to be embedded in the music file or is it sufficient to add one jpg to the folder contend?

Will you add the ability to pitch or change the speed of a playback?

Thank you for your effort.
Regards Gazorbeam

You requirement scenarios are very professional. I am sorry that most of them may not be able to support in near future.

ID3 tag editing and change playback speed may be supported in future releases.

Put the jpg file under each folder should work for album cover. But there is an Android bug tracking this problem, you may rename the cover file name to make it work. Here is the story: https://code.google.com/p/android/is...etail?id=62131
25th November 2015, 03:34 PM |#122  
Flag Hamburg, Germany
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thank you very much for your quick answer, even though it does not satisfy me.

I can understand that searching for comment contend of ID3 tags is a curious request.
I would be satisfied if the comments were shown in an albums track listings. Maybe this is worth a 2nd thought.

In the track listing of an album I get:
Artist, Track-Name, Album-Name.
Where "Album-Name" is the same for every single track. So it does not give any additional information.
Wouldn't it be possible to show the comment instead?
This would really help a lot.

On my windows pc I used WinAmp for that purpose. In WinAmp I could define exactly what is shown in the listing.

I am sorry for bothering you again.

Best regards,
Gazorbeam
26th November 2015, 08:47 AM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 170

More
album art are not recognized, if your song use is own album art cover pulse only use a random cover it find on the same album. Example: Various Artist album every song with is proper cover, Pulsar only show the first cover it match from the album, and use it for every song inside it. Probably beacause Android MediaStore in bugged and it use only the first artwork it encounter on the folder thinking is an entire album of the same artist. It's ironic listen a Gun's&Roses song and see Adele face in the lockscreeen .
Can you add an option to force use the embedded artwork in settings? Would be nice and others players cand do it without issue because they force the embedded artwork instead of Android media database .
Is a great player, easy, light and with nice look and it works perfectly with Viper4Android even if sometimes I need to reopen Viper to get it working.
Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Romagnolo1973 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Romagnolo1973 Ad-Free
26th November 2015, 05:52 PM |#124  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romagnolo1973

album art are not recognized, if your song use is own album art cover pulse only use a random cover it find on the same album. Example: Various Artist album every song with is proper cover, Pulsar only show the first cover it match from the album, and use it for every song inside it. Probably beacause Android MediaStore in bugged and it use only the first artwork it encounter on the folder thinking is an entire album of the same artist. It's ironic listen a Gun's&Roses song and see Adele face in the lockscreeen .
Can you add an option to force use the embedded artwork in settings? Would be nice and others players cand do it without issue because they force the embedded artwork instead of Android media database .
Is a great player, easy, light and with nice look and it works perfectly with Viper4Android even if sometimes I need to reopen Viper to get it working.
Thanks!

I think this error may be related to MediaStore. I will consider to add a setting to avoid MediaStore cover in future releases.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rhmsoft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rhmsoft Ad-Free
26th November 2015, 06:54 PM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 170

More
yes is realted to MediaStore for sure, it tend to see only the first album art in the same folder, probably because this way is more battery friendly when scanning.
Thanks
27th November 2015, 12:26 AM |#126  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Scrobbling
Scrobbling via simple last fm scrobbler?
27th November 2015, 01:18 PM |#127  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Wow! Very good job!
30th November 2015, 05:18 PM |#128  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
no last fm support?
1st December 2015, 07:53 AM |#129  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
this is a good looking music player!
1st December 2015, 06:35 PM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhmsoft

I can not support last fm according to their license: http://www.last.fm/api/tos

Sorry for this.

aw, that sucks

your player is literally one of the best i've ever used, but scrobbling is a BIG thing for me. what exactly goes against their license, if i may ask?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
material design, mp3 player, music player, pulsar

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)