FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.0+][Material Design] Pulsar Music Player

946 posts
Thanks Meter: 582

By rhmsoft, Senior Member on 9th September 2015, 03:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from rhmsoft: Theme customization is supported in latest version!
16th September 2019, 07:32 PM |#1991  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
album image uploading vai internet option not working
Guys have issue with album image uploading vai internet option.
28th September 2019, 10:34 AM |#1992  
Thanks Meter: 165

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhmsoft

For the 1st, it is hard to decide, other users may want to locate the artist.

For the 2nd, I will implement fast forward and rewind for the small screen. Thanks.

Did you include the fast forward and rewind in the latest version? For me it still doesn't work
28th September 2019, 10:47 AM |#1993  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Love the app, thank you. Best music player app I've found. Was wondering if there could possibly be an option when displaying the list of artists, that the picture next to the artist could be the album cover of their first album alphabetically?
3rd October 2019, 05:00 AM |#1994  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIlikeit

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out with this: I've been using Pulsar+ for a while now, and I'm super happy with it.
Although, since upgrading my Pixel 3 to Android 10, I've been facing multiple issues:

1- As some people said before in the thread, every time I add new music, I have to delete the whole multimedia storage again through the settings and restart my phone, because otherwise re-scanning the library doesn't work, and it doesn't detect the new files, when VLC for instance does.

2- All my albums tracks don't display in the right order, even if my sorting is set to "Track #". VLC and other players do it correctly - why isn't it the case with Pulsar? The tags are correctly created, but "Track 10" comes before "Track 2", or completely out of order.

Many thanks!

Edit: I have already uninstalled/reinstalled Pulsar, but that doesn't change anything at all.

I had the same issue and I managed to resolve it. My files had the ID3v1 tags set, but no ID3v2 tags. Populating ID3v2 tags with the same values solved the problem. Apparently, starting from some version, Pulsar started to ignore ID3v2 tags on MP3 files.

I hope this help you, too.
4th October 2019, 06:43 AM |#1995  
Quote:
Originally Posted by zizuka

Did you include the fast forward and rewind in the latest version? For me it still doesn't work

Sorry, I forgot to add this. I will add this in next release...
The Following User Says Thank You to rhmsoft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rhmsoft Ad-Free
4th October 2019, 09:12 AM |#1996  
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloooooooooom

I tried reinstalling, checked directory access permissions, but the state did not change.
New music files can no longer be loaded, and when files that have been load are deleted and relocated, they cannot be read in the same way.
The same situation occurred before and after app reinstallation.

I am using Pixel3a, karnel ver 4.9.165-g583404d31612-ab5723792, Pulsar 1.9.1.

Media database rebuilt is suggested. It won't break your music files, but just recreate the media store database.

Here is how:

Go to Settings > Apps > 3 dot menu > show system, find Media Storage, then clear data and reboot your device, wait a few minutes, the media storage will rebuild from scratch.
4th October 2019, 09:28 AM |#1997  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artf8h

Tags doesnt save after editing, everything stays same as was

Are the song files store on the SD card? Which Android version are you using?
8th October 2019, 10:42 AM |#1998  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mareksom

I had the same issue and I managed to resolve it. My files had the ID3v1 tags set, but no ID3v2 tags. Populating ID3v2 tags with the same values solved the problem. Apparently, starting from some version, Pulsar started to ignore ID3v2 tags on MP3 files.

I hope this help you, too.

Thanks, I think I already did it once, but it didn't change anything. I'll try again later on.

Shame @rhmsoft didn't answer themselves.
8th October 2019, 12:36 PM |#1999  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Hi, when searching for a track, if you have multiple live versions, there is no way to differentiate the versions from the search results (unless they have different track names which is often not the case). GPM has the album art on the search results, so you can tell straight away
8th October 2019, 06:41 PM |#2000  

More
I bought this player from play store and everything seems to be working very well but recently I started to notice some obvious issues. I am currently encountering two issues.
Horrible one is tracks are not displaying in order in some album. If you want solid evidence, I could sent you an email with video.
The remaining one is after updating my phone to Android Q, I can no longer edit tags of audio files that are stored in external sd card.
Hopefully you would fix these as soon as possible.
8th October 2019, 09:47 PM |#2001  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Throne

I bought this player from play store and everything seems to be working very well but recently I started to notice some obvious issues. I am currently encountering two issues.
Horrible one is tracks are not displaying in order in some album. If you want solid evidence, I could sent you an email with video.
The remaining one is after updating my phone to Android Q, I can no longer edit tags of audio files that are stored in external sd card.
Hopefully you would fix these as soon as possible.

Thanks I'm not the only one. There should be a fix for this, or at least a clear explanation - I used to be able to read my files correctly, and all of a sudden Pulsar+ is the only one who doesn't recognise the right order. Omnia does it well, and they're from the same developer.

EDIT: Changed all my tags (5800+ songs) from ID3 v2. 3 to 2.4, and vice-versa, it didn't change anything. When displaying an album, the default view shows the songs in the right order, but when picking "Track #", it's a mess. What's the issue there? All the other players display them correctly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
material design, mp3 player, music player, pulsar

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)