FORUMS

[APP][4.0+][Material Design] Pulsar Music Player

1,038 posts
Thanks Meter: 618

By rhmsoft, Senior Member on 9th September 2015, 03:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from rhmsoft: Theme customization is supported in latest version!
14th May 2020, 05:24 AM |#2101  
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbecca

hi, when I go to folders, let's say there's an album with the title starts with dots (...) it won't show and it won't scan, but in Omnia its there, I'm specifically talking about Britney's album ''...Baby one more time'', as you see it starts with ''...'', so it's not showing up in Pulsar.

I have not tested this album but Pulsar is using Android media scanner, if the scanner has any bug, it cannot be fixed from application level.
14th May 2020, 10:10 AM |#2102  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomatot-

I have the same issue. Once I modify the genre of a song/album, the tag is updated but the old one remains in the genre list.
I've tried to even delete the album but still, the genre persists with 0 song in it.

So basically my album was in the genre "Hip-hop"
I switched it to "Hip-Hop"
the "Hip-hop" genre persisted so I tried to not only change the capital but add another letter:
I changed the tag of the song to "Hip-Hop1"
Pulsar displays a new genre "Hip-Hop1" like expected.
However, back to the tag "Hip-Hop", I have now 3 genres displayed for a same song: Hip-hop, Hip-Hop, and Hip-Hop1.

I tried to delete data from the app, force close it, rescan the library, rebooting the phone. Nothing works. Any fix possible @rhmsoft

Otherwise the app is great. Thank you for your work.

I have the same issue in 2020. Wish there were a button to flush the internal metadata DB. Rescan library does not help.
16th May 2020, 03:33 PM |#2103  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi! I love your app, probably one of the best music player I've tested on Android, but sometimes there's a problem, the artists or albums are split even if the tracks have the same tags :
Is there a way to solve this problem?
Thanks
17th May 2020, 12:26 AM |#2104  

More
Hello,
I love the app the instance I opened it up. But after a few minutes of using it, I realized there is a large issue I'm having. I'm not sure if its a setting I'm missing or what.
After playing some music, I go to my recent apps list and swipe up to close the app and the music stops playing and the notification for the music controls go away. Before this app, I was using Google Play music and when closing the app from the recent apps menu, the music would continue to play.
I have tried going into battery settings and made sure to turn off battery optimizations. I have also tried a phone restart. But did not fix the issue.
After playing around for a bit, I have realized that if you close the app, then wait for the notification to open up as a persistent notification, then go to the recent app menu and close it, then the music will continue playing. However If you reopen the app and do not wait for the notification to go persistent, the music stops playing.
Also, a reinstall of the app did not fix it.
I am currently on a Pixel 4 XL and Android 10 build QQ2A.200501.001.B2
17th May 2020, 07:35 PM |#2105  
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguptaempire

Hello,
I love the app the instance I opened it up. But after a few minutes of using it, I realized there is a large issue I'm having. I'm not sure if its a setting I'm missing or what.
After playing some music, I go to my recent apps list and swipe up to close the app and the music stops playing and the notification for the music controls go away. Before this app, I was using Google Play music and when closing the app from the recent apps menu, the music would continue to play.
I have tried going into battery settings and made sure to turn off battery optimizations. I have also tried a phone restart. But did not fix the issue.
After playing around for a bit, I have realized that if you close the app, then wait for the notification to open up as a persistent notification, then go to the recent app menu and close it, then the music will continue playing. However If you reopen the app and do not wait for the notification to go persistent, the music stops playing.
Also, a reinstall of the app did not fix it.
I am currently on a Pixel 4 XL and Android 10 build QQ2A.200501.001.B2

The notification will be shown only if the player is running in background. There might be 1 second lag for the app to detect whether your app is running in background or not.
19th May 2020, 11:30 PM |#2106  

More
hello i been a long time follower of the app but only problem I've ever had. i have a large library 11k songs and if pulsar ever needs to rescan or something it wipes out all my playlist. like the names still be there but all the songs i added be gone not even restoring backups helps me any
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200519-171634.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	250.6 KB
ID:	5022655  
21st May 2020, 12:02 AM |#2107  

More
The app does not show my new music anymore.
22nd May 2020, 02:57 AM |#2109  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DR. Professor Electro

hello i been a long time follower of the app but only problem I've ever had. i have a large library 11k songs and if pulsar ever needs to rescan or something it wipes out all my playlist. like the names still be there but all the songs i added be gone not even restoring backups helps me any

The restored playlist backup, are they made before the playlist record erased?
23rd May 2020, 01:20 AM |#2110  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhmsoft

The restored playlist backup, are they made before the playlist record erased?

yes before i lost one of my playlist had about 350 songs in it

when i backed it up last it was at 250

but after a SD card rescan the number is now 0
23rd May 2020, 06:53 AM |#2111  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DR. Professor Electro

yes before i lost one of my playlist had about 350 songs in it

when i backed it up last it was at 250

but after a SD card rescan the number is now 0

Do you still have the backup file? You can open it using a text editor app, such as my QuickEdit text editor, to see if the content is still there?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
material design, mp3 player, music player, pulsar

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)