FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.0+][Material Design] Pulsar Music Player

941 posts
Thanks Meter: 581
 
By rhmsoft, Senior Member on 9th September 2015, 03:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from rhmsoft: Theme customization is supported in latest version!
14th August 2016, 03:18 AM |#521  
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimimtayaz

It would be nice to see all playlist option (new/most played option) in the main menu as it available in hamburger menu... See attached SS.

I think it should be supported in future releases. Thanks for your suggestion.
14th August 2016, 03:18 AM |#522  
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapr1chaun

I really like the look and features of pulsar but i've got a problem.
During playback there is no controll panel on my lockscreen. I enabled lockscreen notification in android settings for pulsar but no improvement.
Phone is honor 5x with android 6 (emui 4). I'd buy the pro version if there is a solution. Otherwise I would have to choose another player..
Thanks in advance

I will soon get a Huawei Honor device. I will reproduce this problem and have a study.
14th August 2016, 03:40 AM |#523  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch3mn3y

Any chance for black notification?
My whole device is dark and this is the only white notification, which breaks all of it

Sent using XT1562 - Resurrection Remix/Squid Kernel

I will have a study and hope there is a balance solution for so many different themes.

May I know which device and ROM are you using?
The Following User Says Thank You to rhmsoft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rhmsoft Ad-Free
14th August 2016, 07:03 AM |#524  
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapr1chaun

I really like the look and features of pulsar but i've got a problem.
During playback there is no controll panel on my lockscreen. I enabled lockscreen notification in android settings for pulsar but no improvement.
Phone is honor 5x with android 6 (emui 4). I'd buy the pro version if there is a solution. Otherwise I would have to choose another player..
Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOmatrixOO

Same for me with Honor 7. I think it's a Honor problem. Only Poweramp and GoneMAD show there own control panel on the lockscreen.

I think this is the EmotionUI problem. It won't display media controller when there is music playing in background, at the same time, all other devices support this. It seems the EMUI lock screen can only display Huawei native music player controllers.

Since Lollipop, Google already deprecated lock screen widget and use notification instead. So I am not sure why Huawei does not follow this standard. You can refer to the change list in Android 5.0:

https://developer.android.com/about/...orMediaControl

Lock screens in Android 5.0 do not show transport controls for your MediaSession or RemoteControlClient. Instead, your app can provide media playback control from the lock screen through a notification. This gives your app more control over the presentation of media buttons, while providing a consistent experience for users across locked and unlocked devices.

If you found any other music player(except the Huawei native one) which support lock screen controller on Huawei EmotionUI, please contact me at [email protected], since I do not have enough Huawei testing devices.

BTW, EmotionUI notification area is black, at the same time on other Lollipop device it is white. But this can be fixed in next release, that EmotionUI devices can have black background notifications in Pulsar.
The Following User Says Thank You to rhmsoft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rhmsoft Ad-Free
14th August 2016, 07:58 AM |#525  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 114
 
More
Thanks dev for this wonderfull app, great UI. I just discovered it.
Anyway, if it should be my daily driver it must have stream url playing possibility, currently I'm using this app for it (ServeStream, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ge.servestream), foobar2000 has this feature, too.
Are you planning to add this feature?
14th August 2016, 08:49 AM |#526  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzh

Thanks dev for this wonderfull app, great UI. I just discovered it.
Anyway, if it should be my daily driver it must have stream url playing possibility, currently I'm using this app for it (ServeStream, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ge.servestream), foobar2000 has this feature, too.
Are you planning to add this feature?

Currently streaming is not in near plan. Pulsar is only local music player. But I will consider this in future releases.
14th August 2016, 01:25 PM |#527  
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhmsoft

I will have a study and hope there is a balance solution for so many different themes.

May I know which device and ROM are you using?

Moto X Play and Moto E (1st gen), both with Resurrection Remix (5.7.3 right now) and Swift Dark theme.

Sent using XT1562 - Resurrection Remix/Optimus Kernel
14th August 2016, 08:33 PM |#528  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 114
 
More
Are you planning to add audio fingerptint scanning, I have lots of tracks from internet radio stations and mp3 tags or filenames are not correct?
Also some sort of visualization would be nice, vu metter for example, or spectrum analyzer.
Otherwise, awesome!
14th August 2016, 09:46 PM |#529  
Teh_Chuz's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhmsoft

Can you long click the right cross icon, drag and drop? Does it work for you?

No, that don't work either. I can perfectly click in the three dot menu, is something with the hit box? I think. That's why i try turning on the layout bounds thinking it was my big fingers fault bit isn't.

I have two phones, A Moto x 2014 and the S3 mini, in the S3 mini i don't have any problem.
15th August 2016, 04:31 AM |#530  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch3mn3y

Moto X Play and Moto E (1st gen), both with Resurrection Remix (5.7.3 right now) and Swift Dark theme.

Sent using XT1562 - Resurrection Remix/Optimus Kernel

I can write some code to support Huawei EmotionUI, since it is widely used. But I can not support many other 3rd party ROM since there are too many 3rd party ROM and they are not stable, either. Maybe in future releases/different theme it will become light background. Currently I have not found a way to retrieve the background color of notification area dynamically.
The Following User Says Thank You to rhmsoft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rhmsoft Ad-Free
15th August 2016, 04:34 AM |#531  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Chuz

No, that don't work either. I can perfectly click in the three dot menu, is something with the hit box? I think. That's why i try turning on the layout bounds thinking it was my big fingers fault bit isn't.

I have two phones, A Moto x 2014 and the S3 mini, in the S3 mini i don't have any problem.

I mean the cross button, not the three dot button. If S3 mini works well, then it might be device problem. I am not sure currently since I can not reproduce this problem on my Moto devices.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
material design, mp3 player, music player, pulsar

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes