[APP][4.0+][Material Design] Pulsar Music Player

Search This thread

rhmsoft

Oct 8, 2014
Irvine
rhmsoft.com
Hi rhmsoft, thank you for the great work you did on this player.

I am a ballroom dance instructor and I'm looking for a player I can use for my group trainings. My demand for a music player might be a bit different from what other people need but maybe it is not too difficult and could be done quite easily.
All information about kind of dance and bpm of all my dance music is stored in the comment field of the ID3 tag. Would it be possible to search for the comment as well?
Most of the dance music CDs are samplers. So there are lots of different artists on one Album. If the contend of an album is listed, would it be possible to show the artist and the title as well as the comment of a piece of music?
Regarding artwork. Does the artwork have to be embedded in the music file or is it sufficient to add one jpg to the folder contend?

Will you add the ability to pitch or change the speed of a playback?

Thank you for your effort.
Regards Gazorbeam

You requirement scenarios are very professional. I am sorry that most of them may not be able to support in near future.

ID3 tag editing and change playback speed may be supported in future releases.

Put the jpg file under each folder should work for album cover. But there is an Android bug tracking this problem, you may rename the cover file name to make it work. Here is the story: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=62131

Gazorbeam

Dec 22, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
Thank you very much for your quick answer, even though it does not satisfy me.

I can understand that searching for comment contend of ID3 tags is a curious request.
I would be satisfied if the comments were shown in an albums track listings. Maybe this is worth a 2nd thought.

In the track listing of an album I get:
Artist, Track-Name, Album-Name.
Where "Album-Name" is the same for every single track. So it does not give any additional information.
Wouldn't it be possible to show the comment instead?
This would really help a lot.

On my windows pc I used WinAmp for that purpose. In WinAmp I could define exactly what is shown in the listing.

I am sorry for bothering you again.

Best regards,
Gazorbeam

Romagnolo1973

Jan 1, 2012
album art are not recognized, if your song use is own album art cover pulse only use a random cover it find on the same album. Example: Various Artist album every song with is proper cover, Pulsar only show the first cover it match from the album, and use it for every song inside it. Probably beacause Android MediaStore in bugged and it use only the first artwork it encounter on the folder thinking is an entire album of the same artist. It's ironic listen a Gun's&Roses song and see Adele face in the lockscreeen :).
Can you add an option to force use the embedded artwork in settings? Would be nice and others players cand do it without issue because they force the embedded artwork instead of Android media database .
Is a great player, easy, light and with nice look and it works perfectly with Viper4Android even if sometimes I need to reopen Viper to get it working.
Thanks!

Reactions: iceorfire95

rhmsoft

Oct 8, 2014
Irvine
rhmsoft.com
album art are not recognized, if your song use is own album art cover pulse only use a random cover it find on the same album. Example: Various Artist album every song with is proper cover, Pulsar only show the first cover it match from the album, and use it for every song inside it. Probably beacause Android MediaStore in bugged and it use only the first artwork it encounter on the folder thinking is an entire album of the same artist. It's ironic listen a Gun's&Roses song and see Adele face in the lockscreeen :).
Can you add an option to force use the embedded artwork in settings? Would be nice and others players cand do it without issue because they force the embedded artwork instead of Android media database .
Is a great player, easy, light and with nice look and it works perfectly with Viper4Android even if sometimes I need to reopen Viper to get it working.
Thanks!

I think this error may be related to MediaStore. I will consider to add a setting to avoid MediaStore cover in future releases.

Romagnolo1973

Jan 1, 2012
yes is realted to MediaStore for sure, it tend to see only the first album art in the same folder, probably because this way is more battery friendly when scanning.
Thanks

chielmi

Aug 8, 2010
Nice app! Bought the full version to show my support.
Hope you will keep adding nice and useful features to the app!

djsubtronic

Jun 16, 2010
Really nice app, lots of potential. Could use crossfading (auto and manual), custom smart playlists, and a bit more customisation of the UI and it will be perfect.

rhmsoft

Oct 8, 2014
Irvine
rhmsoft.com
aw, that sucks :(

your player is literally one of the best i've ever used, but scrobbling is a BIG thing for me. what exactly goes against their license, if i may ask?

I am not a legal person, but there is following snippet in this license:

You will not use the Last.fm Data in any way or on any website that is associated or promotes, encourages, facilitates or condones the illegal or unauthorised use or sharing of content. You will not use any audio, audiovisual, images and/or artwork, whether or not accessible through the API, and all such content is expressly excluded from this Agreement;

rhmsoft

Oct 8, 2014
Irvine
rhmsoft.com
I am happy to announce that the new 1.2.1 version is released today! It has two main improvements:

1. It added the support to Chromecast. If you have a Chromecast, connect to it and have a try! If there is any problem or suggestion, please let me know.
2. It fixed an equalizer bug in pro version. Any user who has the problem that the equalizer will stop working after song change, this version should fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: rawuro70

xperiax1021

Dec 9, 2010
Widget album art problem

Hey, first of alI must say this is an awesome player. Finally, a player with good material and minimalist UI and Chromecast support. There's one slight problem though. Though the album art displays correctly in the player, on the widget, it displays for some tracks and doesn't display for others. Seems totally random, and annoying. Any ideas why is that? Image file extension issues? Again, it displays correctly in the player; the problem occurs only with the widget.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

I have developed a new music player on Android - Pulsar Music Player.
    Its user interface and animation are fully comply with Google material design, and it has a tiny size, only 2.5 MB. Please download and have a try!

Download

Download it directly from Google Play:

QR Code:

Features

* Gorgeous user interface and animation with material design.
    * Manage and play music by album, artist, folder and genre.
    * Automatically download and display album cover and artist image.
    * Smart playlists with most played, recent played and newly added tracks.
    * Fast search across albums, artists and songs.
    * Gapless playback support.
    * Built-in tag editor.
    * Display embedded lyrics.
    * Chromecast support.
    * Last.fm scrobbling.
    * 5-band equalizer controller.
    * Bass booster and reverb settings.
    * Various colorful themes.
    * Sleep timer and more.

Home Page

https://rhmsoft.com/pulsar/

User Guide

https://rhmsoft.com/pulsar/help/help.html

Supported Languages

English, Arabic, Bosnian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Greek, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, European Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.

Promo Video

Snapshots

All snapshots have been re-sized and compressed to save your bandwidth.

S1.png
    S2.png
    S3.png

S4.png
    S5.png
    S6.png

S7.png
    S8.png
    S9.png

Feedback

Please leave your comment or request in this thread directly. I will visit and reply regularly.
    Also you can send any suggestion to my support email: support@rhmsoft.com.
    Thanks for your support! Enjoy it!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pulsar Music Player, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    rhmsoft

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.7.0
    Stable Release Date: 2018-02-18

Created 2015-09-09
    Last Updated 2018-02-18
    CHANGE LOG

Changelog has been moved to Pulsar Music Player Help Center.

Please visit following link instead:

https://rhmsoft.com/pulsar/help/changelog.html
    The new version of Pulsar 1.5.0 has been released with lots of enhancements:

✓ Added round icon for supported device such as Google Pixel.
    ✓ Supported new notification style on Android 7.0 and above.
    ✓ Action bar in main screen can now be hidden when scrolling.
    ✓ Added animation when changing between play and pause button.
    ✓ Swipe up gesture on playback bar can now lead to player page.
    ✓ Added a new icon for play queue to distinguish with playlist.
    ✓ Added Vietnamese translation.
    ✓ Minor bug fixes.

This version is targeting the latest Android SDK, and using the latest support library and new notification style. There might be new bugs in this release, please either leave your problem here or report to support@rhmsoft.com. Thanks!
    I know. I really like the player, even without the EQ the sound is nice but in the past I bought a music player for almost the same price and 8 month later the support and the development was dropped. Today this player is unusable.

I keep the player on my phone.

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

I spent tons of time to develop this player. I think it should not be dropped.:fingers-crossed:
    Could you at least add an option in the settings where we can change it to our liking? (i.e. shuffle remains on regardless and won't turn off if we manually select a song) I thought this was common across all music players.

I play music through all of my songs and leave it on shuffle for all of them. The shuffle turns off even if i choose a song that is in the same queue. It would just be better if the shuffle button stays on regardless once it is turned on. Basically the same as the repeat button as that button doesnt turn off once it is pressed.

+1 with the shuffle button getting turned off. I launch the player, turn shuffle on, exit, launch it again and it's off. Not supposed to be that way.

Sent from my SM-T110 using XDA Labs

The new keep shuffle mode is enabled in latest version 1.4.0. Please upgrade and have a try. If there is any problem, please leave your comments here. Thanks.