The app is free and without ads!
What is it for:
Helps you to use big screens easily with one hand by introducing a computer like cursor controlled with one finger by swiping from edge of the screen.
How to use:
1. Swipe from left or right margin from the bottom half of the screen.
2. Reach the top half of the screen by dragging the tracker using one hand in the bottom half.
3. Touch the tracker to click with the cursor. The tracker will disappear on any action outside the tracker or after a period of time.
TIP: While using the quick cursor, touch with another finger to open the quick settings menu.
Google Play Store link
Telegram Quick Cursor group
If anyone wants to help by testing the internal builds before the release, please join telegram group
Quick Cursor is an alternative to the already known Reachability Cursor app. I really liked it, and I appreciated the developer attitude and his vision about the app in his replies online. Unfortunately, NiftyUI's last message about the app was on 7 October 2018 and the last app update was on 4 October 2018 and it doesn't work on most Android 10 phones. I do hope that he is ok, and give him a big thumbs up for the idea and the implementation!
I saw a lot of threads and replies on XDA and Reddit for an alternative app for Reachability Cursor for a long time and I needed one too!
The app uses the same monetization scheme as Reachability Cursor: it offers an In-App purchase for "PRO" mode which adds some more functionalities (floating tracker mode, long clicks, edge actions) and a lot of customization on each part of the app: cursor, tracker, trigger area, tracker area, cursor area, feedback. Basically this is a support for the developer (me), because the free version should be enough for most use cases.
The app should run on Android 7.0 or later, theoretically. I tested it only on 10 devices running Android 9 and Android 10 (Pixel, Samsung, Xiaomi, Oneplus).
I need help to collect some feedback on this early version from more devices, so please send feedback anywhere (here on XDA, Telegram, Reddit, Email, Play store), including the device name and Android version.
I'm more interested in this topics:
- critical bugs that won't let you use the app properly
- if it works ok daily in your case
- if you see any performance impact on your phone
- 90hz or 120hz affected?
- feature requests
- I need these feedback to estimate the current state of the app and how much work I have to do until I can fully release it, not early access, and more polished. I don't work as a full time Android Developer, so I don't have a lot of things necessary to test it well enough on my own (time, phones, knowledge, etc), and don't want to release the app publicly if it is not polished enough.
- fix crash with raise triggers above keyboard on landscape
- fix QC enabled on landscape on keyboard action
- fix bug with some lock screen configurations that never re-enabled the QC after phone unlock
- disable QC on lock screen
- fix bug with quick settings opening when phone is locked / unlocked
- fix trigger size not saving correctly on simple mode with location bottom
- acessibility service enable tutorial screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/8mMsBmP
- add accessibility tutorial for Samsung
- add accessibility tutorial for Xiaomi
- fix bug on accessibility service enabled and exit back to tutorial
- add tutorial for how to enable accessibility service on generic device
- add first time use tutorial
- add trigger size config on first time use tutorial
- add share button in About section
- fixed bug on advanced mode: cursor height was not saved correctly
- add option to disable QC quick settings and fix open by mistake when touching the margins
- possible fix for Android Quick Settings show for 1ms on some phones when tapping the trigger
- triggers can be disabled when keyboard is visible
- triggers can be automatically raised above keyboard when it is visible
- improve trigger performance on tap
- fix "hide on outside tap" bug (not everyone affected)
- fix bug in "floating tracker" mode when a long clickable element is behind the small tracker on the edge
- draw tracker and cursor over system apps (like Settings) (this already worked on some phones)
- fix tracker "hide on outside tap" config on some phones (Note 10+, and others maybe)
- fix the problems from 0.9.12 Beta
- roll back the last release because it break something
- internal refactor of the code for better development in the future. for those who use the shortcut feature, you need to recreate them
- fix bug with PRO in app purchase. a big change on how PRO IAP is handled in the app, hopefully nothing will be impacted for those who bought pro already
- by fixing the above problems I unblocked the development on new features
- fixed the default position of trigger zones on some phones
- improve debug on PRO version bug
- add XDA thread link
- fix navigation bar size bug when using "bottom" position
- add "create a copy" in advanced mode
- add feedback and news channels (telegram, XDA, Reddit, email)
- add vibrations and visual feedback on click settings (both are off by default)
- take into consideration navigation bar height in advanced mode
- change all controls from advanced mode from PX to DP
- fix bug when "inactivity hide" is disabled
- make trigger area to not respond to long clicks if a clickable view is behind it
- fix bug when changing back to simple mode
- fix "create new" zone bug in advanced mode
- fix overlapping triggers when "Location" is "Bottom"
- add 3 options to support the developer when buying the PRO
- fix bug when long click is disabled (for all non-pro and some pro)
- remove accidental taps of trigger areas (react only to drag or long tap)
- improve click performance (fix some delay issue)
- create shortcut to trigger the cursor from other apps (example: FNG)
- improve accessibility service performance
- improve performance for timer based actions
- increase default trigger size to 16dp (because of no accidental taps)
- fix bug on zone delete
- fix wrong position on preview in advanced mode
- fix bug when changing from floating mode
- rename "Move area" to "Tracker area" in swipe zones preview
- preview both trigger zones (left and right) on simple mode
- enable dark theme for all phones
- fix bug with "Override force-dark" from Developer options
- probably fix the edge side action set to nothing
- fix main screen scroll on small devices
Quick Cursor: one hand mouse pointer, App for all devices (see above for details)
Current Beta Version: 0.9.9 Beta
Beta Release Date: 2020-04-25
Last Updated 2020-05-26