FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] QuickPic v4.5.2 (Classic version)

1,578 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,155

By iamelton, Senior Member on 18th September 2015, 08:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Long story short. We know the recent acquisition of the excellent QuickPic app by Cheetah Mobile. Being one of those who would like to avoid using any Cheetah app, and yet can't live without QuickPic, I have followed tips from others to resign the QuickPic v4.5.2 (last good version before Cheetah acquisition), so as to keep the app in my phone without the fear of auto-update or trouble of skipping update notification by Google Play Store.

Below are the original (1st attachment) and resigned (2nd attachment) versions. To use the resigned version, first uninstall the QuickPic app in your phone, and then install the resigned app and you will be fine.

(p.s. The resigned version is prepared by signing the original version with the test certificate provided in the Android SDK and then zip-aligning.)
(p.s.2 You can get the orginal v4.5.2 from the author's site here: http://alensw.com/assets/quickpic_4.5.2.apk )

==================================================
QuickPic 4.5.2 Revived (by @SammysHP): This version fixes some issues encountered on newer Android versions (v7.1.2+)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=352

==================================================
Attached Files
File Type: apk QuickPic_4.5.2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.05 MB, 86234 views)
File Type: apk QuickPic_4.5.2_SignAligned.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.05 MB, 217264 views)
The Following 260 Users Say Thank You to iamelton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamelton Ad-Free

18th September 2015, 02:26 PM |#2  
Flag Genova
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Can't backup on Google Drive...

Inviato dal mio One M8 utilizzando Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to papero68 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift papero68 Ad-Free
18th September 2015, 04:21 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Thanks!
20th September 2015, 01:25 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Thanks a lot after this app ballooned to 2.5x its original size and gave me nagware I decided I was done with these "update improvements"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to buzz86us For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift buzz86us Ad-Free
21st September 2015, 10:06 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz86us

Thanks a lot after this app ballooned to 2.5x its original size and gave me nagware I decided I was done with these "update improvements"

indeed.. theres no relevant functionality/improvement added but nagware (and suspicious background process which many people feel disgusted with)..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamelton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamelton Ad-Free
21st September 2015, 01:26 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Hi.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what does the re-signed version do? Will it (or either or the versions attached) stop the current Cheetah QuickPic from updating and/stop me getting update messages for it (as I don't have auto-update set)?

Thanks for your help.
21st September 2015, 01:53 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mare Tranquillitatis
Thanks Meter: 2,612

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neekos

Hi.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what does the re-signed version do? Will it (or either or the versions attached) stop the current Cheetah QuickPic from updating and/stop me getting update messages for it (as I don't have auto-update set)?

Thanks for your help.

You are right. The re-signed version is based on the last "true" version of QuickPic (v4.5.2) before it got bought by CheetahMobile. As it is re-signed, it will not auto-update itself through Play Store (and will never show up in the Update list). Result: QuickPic without CheetahMobile
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Portgas D. Ace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Portgas D. Ace Ad-Free
21st September 2015, 03:03 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neekos

Hi.

Thanks for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orville87

You are right. The re-signed version is based on the last "true" version of QuickPic (v4.5.2) before it got bought by CheetahMobile. As it is re-signed, it will not auto-update itself through Play Store (and will never show up in the Update list). Result: QuickPic without CheetahMobile

exactly..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamelton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamelton Ad-Free
21st September 2015, 05:11 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamelton

exactly..

Excellent. That's exactly what I need. Thanks @iamelton for your work,and @orville87 for explaining. That's really helpful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neekos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neekos Ad-Free
21st September 2015, 06:02 PM |#10  
Flag Hollywood
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Hi all,
I love QuickPic, it's one of the first apps that i restore/install whenever I flash and I always keep it updated as much as possible. I was a little worried after I saw the posts about the acquisition and getting loaded up with bloat/spam, and please forgive me if I'm missing something, but I don't see any of that in their current releases. The last update I had was maybe a day or two ago and, while it does say "Cheetah.....blahblah" as the developer, the only thing that I see added was the introduction of a 1,000GB cloud storage and autobackup for your pix (and the ability to send your quickpic code to a friend for an additional 1,000GB of cloud storage). Also not noticing any form of lag using the app either. I checked the market this morning and QuickPic did not show an update; when I open the app, there's no ads, banners, etc.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw it out there that as far as the updates go, as of 9/21 AM, I'm not seeing anything that would make me walk away from the app. (US Market)
21st September 2015, 06:44 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindawe

Hi all,
I love QuickPic, it's one of the first apps that i restore/install whenever I flash and I always keep it updated as much as possible. I was a little worried after I saw the posts about the acquisition and getting loaded up with bloat/spam, and please forgive me if I'm missing something, but I don't see any of that in their current releases. The last update I had was maybe a day or two ago and, while it does say "Cheetah.....blahblah" as the developer, the only thing that I see added was the introduction of a 1,000GB cloud storage and autobackup for your pix (and the ability to send your quickpic code to a friend for an additional 1,000GB of cloud storage). Also not noticing any form of lag using the app either. I checked the market this morning and QuickPic did not show an update; when I open the app, there's no ads, banners, etc.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw it out there that as far as the updates go, as of 9/21 AM, I'm not seeing anything that would make me walk away from the app. (US Market)

there is a background process added to the Cheetah versions, which did not exist in pre-Cheetah versions..
and the apk size went from 1.1MB to the current 2.5MB.. what do you think was/were added to the app, since there is no major functionality added as you also noticed?

anyway, its still a matter of personal choice.. continue to enjoy what Cheetah offer you if you dont mind or care..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamelton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamelton Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)