[APP][7.0+] Reachability Cursor - Use your big phone effortlessly with one hand

Search This thread

theligu

Jul 18, 2010
Skåne
I can confirm that the app isn't working on Oneplus 7pro running Android 10. Using Oneplus "own" gestures which leave sides unused, so there sould be room for reachability....

AbhishekS

Feb 18, 2011
abhishekmsharma.com
OnePlus 8 Pro
It's not because of gestures but because of something different on Android 10. Even if you turn off gestures it doesn't work on Android 10. Most likely some permission related to Accessibility needs to be updated.

AbhishekS

Feb 18, 2011
abhishekmsharma.com
OnePlus 8 Pro
I don't think this is an open source application, so people won't be able to work on it.

I have contacted the original dev of this application but he hasn't been active on XDA or Reddit for a long time now. I hope he is doing well.

theligu

Jul 18, 2010
Skåne
I don't think this is an open source application, so people won't be able to work on it.

I have contacted the original dev of this application but he hasn't been active on XDA or Reddit for a long time now. I hope he is doing well.

Yes, sure hope everythings ok with main dev.
Will you post here if you will get any respose from dev?

cjxsutton

Nov 3, 2011
Panama City Beach, FL
Loving this, but please add an option to adjust the tracker opacity anywhere from 100% opaque (current setting) all the way down to completely transparent/invisible. It is under your thumb anyway, so an option to make it invisible would be great for those of us who record our screen during tutorial videos or whatnot. Only the cursor really needs to be visible.

Also an option to allow the keyboard to take precedence, because I keep accidentally activating the cursor while swipe typing.

EDIT: Dev seems to have gone completely off the radar for the past year. Any other devs able to modify this to accomplish what I'm looking for above? Please shoot me an email cjxsutton@gmail.com

Last edited:

cjxsutton

Nov 3, 2011
Panama City Beach, FL
Maybe this (not connected to it in anyway):

Trackpad

There are some other alternatives in the Play Store, but none as simple and effective as this one. I don't want some hovering button on my screen, I love just being able to swipe in the cursor from the side when I want it.

Really wish someone could reproduce this app and continue development. Would love to be able to make the "tracker" transparent/invisible - only really need to be able to see the cursor, not the big circle under my thumb. Especially when recording my screen for people. Also an option to allow the keyboard to take precedence, because I keep accidentally activating the cursor while swipe typing.

Everything else about it is perfect and working as intended on my Samsung Note 10+ with my built-in edge screens turned off (I had them turned off before I even found this app, so idk how/if it would work with them on).

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

EDIT: Guys, I found a little workaround to mimic this behavior somewhat with Trackpad and "Everywhere Launcher"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.github.ericytsang.touchpad.app.android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appindustry.everywherelauncher

Set up Trackpad the way you like, then under appearance turn off the launch icon.

Set up Everywhere launcher with one handle in the bottom right (click "manage handles" then drag it down to the bottom right, set the height/width however you like), add the sidebar element for "Activity", and make that activity Trackpad's "MaximizeTrackpadActivity".

You will swipe once to the left and release your thumb, then place it again to control the Trackpad.

Best I could do as a workaround since this project is dead. You WILL need to purchase the pro versions of both apps I listed above, though. And unfortunately it's not so easy to just click out of the cursor as it is with this app - it stays on your screen (and occupies the entire touch area) until you manually drag it down and dismiss it.

Last edited:

brqndon

Jul 8, 2016
Upgraded to Android 10 too, and I realize I absolutely can't live without this!

Currently using trackpad as an alternative, and it just doesn't compare.

Keagel

Feb 18, 2017
This is the sad thing about closed-source projects. Dev is nowhere to be seen, project is abandoned after only one version and there are no serious alternatives (or nothing that's as beautiful/handy). If only he would at least post the sources on GitHub.

thiranja

Oct 9, 2018
Ratnapura
This is a superb app, congrats for the developer, Also love to see the options to change the size and the opacity of the tracker, It's not that hard to work with tracker completely invisible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Reachability Cursor

jkHXhHZ.png

[XDA Spotlight review]

What is it for:

Use a computer-mouse-like cursor/pointer to control big smartphones like the Note series effortlessly with one hand. The perfect app for power users that make extensive use of swipe gestures for navigation, glide typing keyboards etc. Check out the Imgur album for short videos clips!

How-to:

Swipe over a screen edge to start Reachability Cursor. If you hold your phone with your right hand, use the right screen edge. Drag the tracker to move the cursor and tap it to click. The cursor disappears automatically when you don’t need it anymore.

What is the monetization model:

Freemium. You can use the core app for free without any ads and purchase the PRO version when you need the advanced features.

Google Play Store link

CWeJVSC.png
    YhNkF9i.png
    gI76fvf.png

Roadmap (sorted by priority):
    • minor fixes (the app is actually pretty stable for the first beta release)
    • more Swipe Pad options (height, size etc.)
    • better in-app descriptions and tutorials
    • create demo projects for Google and OEM for Android bug reports that affect this app
    • a better tracker with a new design and animations
    • detailed tutorial for the privileged mode
    • FAQ section

Changelog

1.1.2:

- minor bug fixes

1.1.1:

Changes:
    - decreased app startup time

Bug fixes:
    - for rare app startup ANRs
    - for unexpected negative touchscreen coordinates

1.1.0:

Implemented feature requests:
    - settings to disable one swipe pad
    - gesture trail color setting

Bug fixes:
    - invisible trail colors crashed the app (duh!)
    - potential fix for rare ANRs on launch
    - diagnostic code for non-reproducible bugs

The application is very cool. Price for a pro unfortunately too high...
    @NiftyUI please, if you really has abandoned the app, open source it for the community continue the development. Your project is awesome and "helped my life" a lot!

If not, please, here some little requests:

- Create a telegram group to easy contact/support with another users;
    - Add a shortcut to launch the cursor (extremely useful for users of apps like Fluid N.G., Pie Control, 1+ Gestures, LMT Launcher, Bottom Quick Settings, etc...);
    - Reduce the price to some countries or make a temporary sale (Here in Brazil your app has a very high price! Probably one of the most expensive PRO upgrade apps I've ever installed).
    So, seems like a dead project.

Alternative suggestions?

+1 for alternative suggestions.

Maybe this (not connected to it in anyway):

Trackpad
    Thanks god, someone took care of the problem and make a new app! Support this guy!!!

https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-quick-cursor-one-hand-mouse-pointer-t4088487