JamesDSP Audio Manager [UNITY]

116 posts
Thanks Meter: 257

Post Reply Email Thread
1st January 2018, 08:34 AM |#101  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Facing a bit of crackling and distortion whenever I turn on JDSP using Bluetooth headphones, running android 7.1, magisk, the order I flashed my modules are:
Dolby Atmos
V4A
Sauron MK II
JDSP

Absolute volume is disabled in developer options, any pointers?

1st January 2018, 03:35 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 5,346

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMidnight

Facing a bit of crackling and distortion whenever I turn on JDSP using Bluetooth headphones, running android 7.1, magisk, the order I flashed my modules are:
Dolby Atmos
V4A
Sauron MK II
JDSP

Absolute volume is disabled in developer options, any pointers?

Yup, that's a lot of stuff running at once when audio is playing. Try narrowing down the number of mods you use at once
1st January 2018, 04:29 PM |#103  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackptg5

Yup, that's a lot of stuff running at once when audio is playing. Try narrowing down the number of mods you use at once

Well I usually have V4A off, but I uninstalled it and keep Dolby off, but the crackling still occurs, particularly when bass boosting. It was initially better but it still went on to crackle after a min or so
1st January 2018, 05:21 PM |#104  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMidnight

Well I usually have V4A off, but I uninstalled it and keep Dolby off, but the crackling still occurs, particularly when bass boosting. It was initially better but it still went on to crackle after a min or so

Look into tuning your cpu for better performance cause that's likely why the crackling is occurring (use a kernel manager app or something for it)
1st January 2018, 08:03 PM |#105  
Flag Slovakia
Thanks Meter: 435

Donate to Me
More
Hi, I can't get latest James DSP 2.0 processing on 7.1.1 nougat stock rom. I'm using magisk 15.2 and I disabled all other audio effects. Any ideas?
Edit: Nevermind, already solved.
1st January 2018, 08:13 PM |#106  

More
Quote:

Look into tuning your cpu for better performance cause that's likely why the crackling is occurring (use a kernel manager app or something for it)

Cool will do👌
2nd January 2018, 02:55 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Got a crash after turning on equalizer and changing sometging. After that, JDSP starts to crashing right after launch.

Magisk 15.2
AML 2.8
Ainur Sauron mk II
Trying to use latest JDSP version from MagiskManager (2.0)

Device Xiaomi MI A1, Android 7.1.2

Any idea?
2nd January 2018, 11:58 PM |#108  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Having a very strange effect when using James DSP along with the new sauron mk2 on my HTC 10. For the speakers, I can enable the master switch fine but the instant I enable any of the settings I get major distortion in all audio ranging from robot voices to what sounds like a machine gun going off when I enable stereo widen.

Is this just something not working with htc10 and sauron MK2 or do I need to enable something maybe? Should also add I'm running Leedroid with latest cleanslate kernel

Haven't tested Bluetooth or headset yet, that's on my list tomorrow!
3rd January 2018, 12:08 AM |#109  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithias

Having a very strange effect when using James DSP along with the new sauron mk2 on my HTC 10. For the speakers, I can enable the master switch fine but the instant I enable any of the settings I get major distortion in all audio ranging from robot voices to what sounds like a machine gun going off when I enable stereo widen.

Is this just something not working with htc10 and sauron MK2 or do I need to enable something maybe? Should also add I'm running Leedroid with latest cleanslate kernel

Haven't tested Bluetooth or headset yet, that's on my list tomorrow!

That's a weird one but probably sauron related. I'd bring that up in the ainur thread, there'd be more people who could help there
3rd January 2018, 12:11 AM |#110  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:

That's a weird one but probably sauron related. I'd bring that up in the ainur thread, there'd be more people who could help there

Cool, thought I'd post here first as it only happens when I enable something in James DSP but could still be about not playing nice. I'll post there!
3rd January 2018, 10:38 AM |#111  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,280

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithias

Cool, thought I'd post here first as it only happens when I enable something in James DSP but could still be about not playing nice. I'll post there!

It's a JDSP issue. James doesn't support HTC devices as they have these weird issues you've described earlier and he's not sure exactly how to fix them as he doesn't own a HTC device.

Sent from my LG Nexus 5X using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)