FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

JamesDSP Audio Manager [UNITY]

116 posts
Thanks Meter: 258
 
Post Reply Email Thread
16th January 2019, 02:26 PM |#601  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,715
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackptg5

Hmm. Logs aren't showing anything. Can you add debug to the filename and try again in twrp? It should prompt for vol key once at the beginning, then pick up the zipname

I have to run out so it'll be a bit longer before I can get to this. It prompted twice. Once before the uninstall (generic key press) then again as it started the install (asking for which quality driver). I'll install the previous version first so it goes through the upgrade routine.

It used to not prompt at all.
 
 
16th January 2019, 04:04 PM |#602  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,448
 
More
I forgot to move the app to priv-app. Fixed in 1.9.6 (only applicable to nougat an older roms)
16th January 2019, 10:04 PM |#603  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,715
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackptg5

Hmm. Logs aren't showing anything. Can you add debug to the filename and try again in twrp? It should prompt for vol key once at the beginning, then pick up the zipname

Here you go. Recovery log shows the entire sequence (AML (uninstall), James 1.9.5 (uninstall), James 1.9.5 (install), James 1.9.6 (upgrade), AML (install)

Debug log for James 1.9.6 only
Note that there was a Volume key prompt before debug mode kicked in (it shows in the recovery log only) as well as the Volume prompt asking for the driver (shown in the debug log)
Attached Files
File Type: zip James.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.1 KB, 18 views)
17th January 2019, 02:31 AM |#604  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,448
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

Here you go. Recovery log shows the entire sequence (AML (uninstall), James 1.9.5 (uninstall), James 1.9.5 (install), James 1.9.6 (upgrade), AML (install)

Debug log for James 1.9.6 only
Note that there was a Volume key prompt before debug mode kicked in (it shows in the recovery log only) as well as the Volume prompt asking for the driver (shown in the debug log)

Right, that's because I switched it over to the volume keys unity addon. The addon programs the vol keys at the beginning of install and uninstall in the event that the mod uses vol keys during uninstall (which this one doesn't). So it's by design
The Following User Says Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free
17th January 2019, 06:32 AM |#605  
Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
JamesDSP working on op6! Thank you very much for all devs hardwork!
17th January 2019, 01:47 PM |#606  
Techvir's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 848
 
More
My James DSP is crashing
Note 9 infinity ROM
Can someone please look at the logs
https://pastebin.com/mzdK9m0C

Thanks
23rd January 2019, 09:16 PM |#607  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
It's interesting that LDAC doesn't work in global mode. Only in conventional, but then it takes a second when you skip the the song. It stutters for a second and it's running without the effects for that time. After that it takes effect. It's kinda annoying, is that normal?
24th January 2019, 12:36 AM |#608  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 258
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrStuhl

It's interesting that LDAC doesn't work in global mode. Only in conventional, but then it takes a second when you skip the the song. It stutters for a second and it's running without the effects for that time. After that it takes effect. It's kinda annoying, is that normal?

I don't know what's the reason, sorry about that.
24th January 2019, 03:45 AM |#609  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,448
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by james3460297

I don't know what's the reason, sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrStuhl

It's interesting that LDAC doesn't work in global mode. Only in conventional, but then it takes a second when you skip the the song. It stutters for a second and it's running without the effects for that time. After that it takes effect. It's kinda annoying, is that normal?

Maybe this will work for you? https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=3277
The Following User Says Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free
24th January 2019, 06:00 AM |#610  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 106
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrStuhl

It's interesting that LDAC doesn't work in global mode. Only in conventional, but then it takes a second when you skip the the song. It stutters for a second and it's running without the effects for that time. After that it takes effect. It's kinda annoying, is that normal?

why do you say LDAC doesn't work? it works fine for me, in fact it's the main reason i'm using JamesDSP over V4A (using Sony MDR-100ABN btw)
24th January 2019, 02:40 PM |#611  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 520
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrStuhl

It's interesting that LDAC doesn't work in global mode. Only in conventional, but then it takes a second when you skip the the song. It stutters for a second and it's running without the effects for that time. After that it takes effect. It's kinda annoying, is that normal?

I typically use apt-x but the few times it doesn't work, I force quit the app and reopen it, then everything works fine. I wonder if that would work with ldac
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes