JamesDSP Audio Manager [MMT-EX]

Search This thread

kalehrl

Nov 22, 2017
Hi.
I've been using the mod on an Amlogic S905X4 box rooted with Magisk and it works fine for most apps.
However, when I watch channels using an in-built dvb-t2/c tuner, there is no sound.
When I disable James DSP processing, reboot the box, the sound on the dvb-t2/c channels works fine.
Can I send you logs or something for you to try to solve?
Here are the logs if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• logs.zip
    176.1 KB · Views: 13

cytochrom

Sep 10, 2023
Samsung Galaxy S8
Redmi Note 9
Since there are substantial changes in magisk --path between Magisk v26 and earlier, both official latest AML and JamesDSP modules don't work on Magisk v26

I have adapted both modules and successfully tested on my two phones, one with Magisk v25210 and the other with Magisk v26102 (Canary)

Ie, I have now both Viper4Android and JamesDSP (drivers merged with AML) co-working both on Magisk v26 and v25

My modded modules are attached, you can install and test

@Zackptg5 - please take a look and fix/release your official modules

For JAmesDSP, I had to adapt $ORIGDIR in functions.sh

For AML, I had to adapt $MAGISKTMP in post-fs-data.sh and $MODPATH both in post-fs-data.sh and service.sh

They are adapted to work both for Magisk v26 and earlier

All the rest is same/original in both modules. Your excessive logging helped a lot to fix/adapt them👍

---

Edit:

Per OP developer @Zackptg5 (see his post #1357 below), his latest JDSP module version
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Zackptg5/JamesDSPManager/master/install.zip

was adapted and should work on Magisk v26 (I have also tested and it worked for me on Magisk v26102 Canary) hence I'm removing my JDSP module (fix for Magisk v26) from the attachment.

Please use his official JDSP (or newer, if/when released):
id=ainur_jamesdsp
name=JamesDSP Manager
version=v4.7 (8-4-2022)
versionCode=87

I was still missing THIS fix! Flashed, rebooted, Spotify on... ... ... BOOOOM! Many thanks to the developer who brought me the fattest sound ever!!

System info: Samsung Galaxy S8 (dreamlte), Derpfest 13, oct.update

Magisk Delta v26.1
AMR v5.1
Hi-res audio enabler v3.6
Viper4Android repackedhoch78 v2.7.2.1
James DSP V5.8

Bluetooth in ear: Teufel REAL BLUE IN

5ulo

Jul 13, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 8
Xiaomi 13
Hi, I'm on MIUI V14.0.31.0 (xiaomi.eu), Xiaomi 13 phone, fully rooted a long while ago and working. Today I installed JamesDSP for rooted phones and my unit is now out of controlo.. Can't open images in stock gallery, Youtube videos wont start to play, Instagram wont open (which is actually fine :)), screen recording not working, charging animation stopped animating and the weirdest thing is Flashlight is not working at all and the flashlight tile shortcut is disabled. Looks like none of the app that uses sound/notification isnt working except one - Spotify (although hbo, skyshowtime, netflix, YT isnt working - behaves lik no internet is druing media loading). This all happened after installing the module in magisk. Those were my steps:
  1. installed magisk module from github https://github.com/Zackptg5/JamesDSPManager
  2. selected "volume up" on install - classic UI
  3. uninstalled old apk automatically installed with magisk module
  4. installed latest manager also from github https://github.com/james34602/JamesDSPManager
  5. rebooted
I also reflashed stable MIUI but did not help. Any idea please? Now I completely uninstalled JamesDSP app, then removed module, rebooted but the phones behaves the same.

edit: chceked /data/adb/modules and there are no residual from jamesdsp
edit2: so it looks like Google Play updated on the background to a version with some weird bug that prevents media files from play (more info @xiaomi.eu).

I had to remove file `/data/apex/active/com.android.media.swcode(at)[ID].apex` and reboot, then everything went to normal.

Last edited:

Danish on XDA

Jan 21, 2022
just installed the v6.0 idk if it works cuz i'm using it with v4a...tho enlighten me on how to use it to it's full potential

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description:
    This is a reformed audio effect digital signal processing engine for Android. The GUI is copy from Omnirom DSPManager, but the internal audio engine is enhanced and reformed!

Features:
    • Pro dynamic range compression
    • Bass Boost
      • --> 1023/4095/8191 order FIR linear phase low pass bass boost
    • Reverberation (Dual engine reverb)
      • --> GVerb
      • --> Progenitor 2
    • 10 Band Hybrid Equalizer
    • Stereo Widen
    • Triode dual stage vacuum tube simulation
      • --> Simulate with real mathematical model of 12AX7 tube
      • Auto partitioning high efficient convolution engine
      • --> Support mono / stereo / full stereo(LL, LR, RL, RR) impulse response
      • --> Samples per channels should less than 1000000* for stereo
      • --> Samples per channels should less than 400000* for full stereo
      • --> Impulse response file support: V4A IRS, FLAC, WAV

Install:
    • Install via Magisk Manager, Flashfire, or recovery (Magisk or System install will detect automatically)

Uninstall:
    • Delete module in Magisk Manager
    • OR Flash module in recovery

Audio Mod Troubleshooting Guide

Download

Notes:
    Convolver have been tested working even in stereo impulse response with 16121304 samples per channels on Snapdragon 820

If you look at the source code from Java part, you will find some are similar with Viper4Android, but this is not true.
    Viper4Android only open source it's interface, their core drivers source code have never been released.
    For convenient sake, I copy some interface code to accelerate my development.

How to compile the source code?
    Use Android NDK & Eclipse

Previous post

XDA:DevDB Information
    JamesDSPManager, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
    james3460297, ahrion, Zackptg5
    Source Code: https://github.com/james34602/JamesDSPManager

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v3.3
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-02

Created 2017-11-11
    Last Updated 2020-11-02
    New JDSP is finally here everyone!
    Anyone give links for PRESETS and IRS.... I downloaded from an old post , but that's causing the app to crash!
    1) You can download Convolvers and DDC from
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904011552

Unzip and
    - copy IRS files from Kernel folder to Internal memory: /JamesDSP/Convolver
    - enable Convolver and select an Impulse Response filter

- copy VDC files from DDC folder to Internal memory: /JamesDSP/DDC
    - enable ViPER-DDC and select a DDC file

Btw, with IdealEQ.vds for DDC file, there is also a notable increase in Volume (tested for Speaker and Headset)

2) For Equalizer, enable Hybrid equalizer (for Speaker, Headset and Bluetooth), select Custom, and from the top-right menu chose Save preset, name it like MyDefault

Open by eg MiXPlorer, Internal memory:
    /JamesDSP/Presets/MyDefault/james.dsp.speaker.xml
    (repeat the same for Headset and Bluetooth XML files)

edit as Text file, find the line starting with
    <string name="dsp.tone.eq.custom">

and replace by 'Small speaker' parameters:
    <string name="dsp.tone.eq.custom">7.0;6.8;6.4;3.5;0.0;0.0;0.0;0.0;0.0;0.0;0.0;-3.5;-6.4;-3.3;-3.5;</string>

Then in JamesDSP, top-right menu, chose Load preset and select your MyDefault
    JDSP has been updated to v1.7! See james' github for changelog, this installer uses the hq libs
    Can you define HQ and SQ in specific terms?

Yes. @Zackptg5 Yes, for sure.
    HQ process audio using float 64 data type, although Android audio framework most likely provide only 16 bit data, this doesn't mean it is unnecessary, because float 64 guarantee less rounding error, thus less noise.
    SQ mode is pretty standard in DSP, float 32 satisfy most situations, this is most power saving, and fastest.