JamesDSP Audio Manager [MMT-EX]

Search This thread

bramhc

Mar 7, 2018
Jakarta
James DSP still causing bootloop (keep booting to twrp recovery) on OnePlus 6 with OxygenOS after installation. No matter what the methods, installing via magisk manager or via twrp. I think I can't create a log cause it's just straight bootloop.

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Would it be possible to add a feature to change the profile/effects based on what bluetooth device is being played on? How it sounds in my car via bluetooth and on my headphones via bluetooth are very different and I prefer a separate profile for both.

Zackptg5

Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2014
zackptg5.com
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 5a
Would it be possible to add a feature to change the profile/effects based on what bluetooth device is being played on? How it sounds in my car via bluetooth and on my headphones via bluetooth are very different and I prefer a separate profile for both.
You can save multiple profiles and load 1 when you connect your device. You could also use an app like automate or tasker for that

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
You can save multiple profiles and load 1 when you connect your device. You could also use an app like automate or tasker for that

Yes, I know I can make separate profiles, but would be nice a future version of James DSP builds this kind of function in. I already automate a lot of tasks with MacroDroid but wasn't able to find any way to change a setting within an app in my automation. I don't currently use Tasker, but if you have an idea to build such a task with that app, i'm all ears (and eyes).

Zackptg5

Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2014
zackptg5.com
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 5a
Yes, I know I can make separate profiles, but would be nice a future version of James DSP builds this kind of function in. I already automate a lot of tasks with MacroDroid but wasn't able to find any way to change a setting within an app in my automation. I don't currently use Tasker, but if you have an idea to build such a task with that app, i'm all ears (and eyes).
I've always used automate. You can use the app blocks to open and interface blocks to mess with the app itself. I deleted my profile for v4a long ago or I'd post it as an example

Sebi673

No more bootloops but the manager app keeps on crashing. Running Pie, selected HQ and SQ (Later on) with AML and nothing else - the mod used to work well under Oreo.

It also installed the manager in 1/5 install attempts. Tried from magisk manager and Twrp. Appears to be installed but in the one instance when the apk got pushed it was crashing. Same if I manually installed the apk

Help? @Zackptg5

Last edited:

Zackptg5

Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2014
zackptg5.com
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 5a
No more bootloops but the manager app keeps on crashing. Running Pie, selected HQ with AML and nothing else - the mod used to work well under Oreo.
Help?
Logs? You mean jdsp app crashing or magisk manager? This doesn't affect magisk manager at all
Edit: Reread your post. There's been lots of users having issues with jdsp on pie. It's something with the app itself and not the installer so that'd be a james thing. He's working on it

Last edited:
Reactions: Sebi673

Sebi673

Logs? You mean jdsp app crashing or magisk manager? This doesn't affect magisk manager at all
Edit: Reread your post. There's been lots of users having issues with jdsp on pie. It's something with the app itself and not the installer so that'd be a james thing. He's working on it

Jdsp app is the one crashing/not appearing in the drawer. It got pushed the second time I tried the flash. Attached logs of installation

Awesome possum. Will wait patiently. Headphones and all are on LDAC, which viper can't deliver. So it's worth the wait.

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in the boat. Cheers!!

Attachments

• alogcat.2018-12-18-21-13-24+0200.txt
    106 KB · Views: 6
  • magisk_log_20181218_211300.log
    100.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Zackptg5

Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2014
zackptg5.com
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 5a
I'm getting install errors. Logs attached (recovery and Magisk)

What device do you have? Can you try redownloading it? The error in the recovery log at least looks like tar command didn't work properly. I tried the magisk manager zip and zip from my website and was unable to replicate that error. Also, what magisk version are you on?

jcmm11

Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G
What device do you have? Can you try redownloading it? The error in the recovery log at least looks like tar command didn't work properly. I tried the magisk manager zip and zip from my website and was unable to replicate that error. Also, what magisk version are you on?
Pixel 3 XL. Latest Canary (so 18). I can try downloading once more (already redownload once)

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Strange happenings. Downloaded 3 copies via Magisk manager. Each one has a different hash.

Installed the one I downloaded from your web site. That install worked BUT it's crashing on startup. I'll post a log in a bit (haven't taken one yet)

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Just to note that the previous version (1.8) has been working fine for me. December Pie patch. Stock. I'll go back to it as soon as I get a logcat ?

Zackptg5

Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2014
zackptg5.com
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 5a
Logcat attached. Looked for a tombstone but didn't find any.

Logs only show jdsp crashing like it does on lots of pie devices - did it install properly? If you're using aml, it's best to remove all audio mods and reinstall them after the recent updates but only other suggestion I have for you at this point is to use magisk 18 stable (I don't support canary builds since random bugs often happen).

Reactions: jcmm11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description:
    This is a reformed audio effect digital signal processing engine for Android. The GUI is copy from Omnirom DSPManager, but the internal audio engine is enhanced and reformed!

Features:
    • Pro dynamic range compression
    • Bass Boost
      • --> 1023/4095/8191 order FIR linear phase low pass bass boost
    • Reverberation (Dual engine reverb)
      • --> GVerb
      • --> Progenitor 2
    • 10 Band Hybrid Equalizer
    • Stereo Widen
    • Triode dual stage vacuum tube simulation
      • --> Simulate with real mathematical model of 12AX7 tube
      • Auto partitioning high efficient convolution engine
      • --> Support mono / stereo / full stereo(LL, LR, RL, RR) impulse response
      • --> Samples per channels should less than 1000000* for stereo
      • --> Samples per channels should less than 400000* for full stereo
      • --> Impulse response file support: V4A IRS, FLAC, WAV

Install:
    • Install via Magisk Manager, Flashfire, or recovery (Magisk or System install will detect automatically)

Uninstall:
    • Delete module in Magisk Manager
    • OR Flash module in recovery

Audio Mod Troubleshooting Guide

Download

Notes:
    Convolver have been tested working even in stereo impulse response with 16121304 samples per channels on Snapdragon 820

If you look at the source code from Java part, you will find some are similar with Viper4Android, but this is not true.
    Viper4Android only open source it's interface, their core drivers source code have never been released.
    For convenient sake, I copy some interface code to accelerate my development.

How to compile the source code?
    Use Android NDK & Eclipse

Previous post

XDA:DevDB Information
    JamesDSPManager, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
    james3460297, ahrion, Zackptg5
    Source Code: https://github.com/james34602/JamesDSPManager

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v3.3
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-02

Created 2017-11-11
    Last Updated 2020-11-02
    New JDSP is finally here everyone!
    Anyone give links for PRESETS and IRS.... I downloaded from an old post , but that's causing the app to crash!
    1) You can download Convolvers and DDC from
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904011552

Unzip and
    - copy IRS files from Kernel folder to Internal memory: /JamesDSP/Convolver
    - enable Convolver and select an Impulse Response filter

- copy VDC files from DDC folder to Internal memory: /JamesDSP/DDC
    - enable ViPER-DDC and select a DDC file

Btw, with IdealEQ.vds for DDC file, there is also a notable increase in Volume (tested for Speaker and Headset)

2) For Equalizer, enable Hybrid equalizer (for Speaker, Headset and Bluetooth), select Custom, and from the top-right menu chose Save preset, name it like MyDefault

Open by eg MiXPlorer, Internal memory:
    /JamesDSP/Presets/MyDefault/james.dsp.speaker.xml
    (repeat the same for Headset and Bluetooth XML files)

edit as Text file, find the line starting with
    <string name="dsp.tone.eq.custom">

and replace by 'Small speaker' parameters:
    <string name="dsp.tone.eq.custom">7.0;6.8;6.4;3.5;0.0;0.0;0.0;0.0;0.0;0.0;0.0;-3.5;-6.4;-3.3;-3.5;</string>

Then in JamesDSP, top-right menu, chose Load preset and select your MyDefault
    JDSP has been updated to v1.7! See james' github for changelog, this installer uses the hq libs
    Can you define HQ and SQ in specific terms?

Yes. @Zackptg5 Yes, for sure.
    HQ process audio using float 64 data type, although Android audio framework most likely provide only 16 bit data, this doesn't mean it is unnecessary, because float 64 guarantee less rounding error, thus less noise.
    SQ mode is pretty standard in DSP, float 32 satisfy most situations, this is most power saving, and fastest.