In my office, the IT has restricted the internet access of unauthorized devices by filtering the MAC address. Sometimes I want to by-pass this security and connect my device to office's network via Wi-Fi.
I have tried some applications on Play Store but they don't meet my need (save profile without having to purchase, see other interface not only wlan...). So I have just written this application to solve my problem, and perhap for your problems too!
Please be noted: This application requires rooted device!
Have feedback, report bugs... please send details to me using the Feedback feature on About screen or reply in this thread .
- Change the way to change the MAC (allow user to select the method to use)
- Scan the network devices: Show the MAC vendor and the hostname of scanned devices.
Current version: 1.6.0
Beta version: --.
Opt-in url: https://play.google.com/apps/testing...id.changemymac
- Some devices powered by Spreadtrum, HiSilicon chip-set, and some high-end Samsung devices do not work. I will try to borrow these devices if possible.
- On some Samsung devices (Galaxy Core Prime 4.4), the Wifi might not be turned on after changing MAC using this application.
- Restore your /efs partition then reboot device.
- If you forgot to back up /efs partition, please rename the file /efs/wifi/.mac.info (e.g. /efs/wifi/.mac.info1) then reboot device.
Please help me list the device if the application successfully changes the MAC address!
(I do not have much time to update these information, so it may be out of date)
- Android phone powered by MediaTek chipset
- ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5036A (YarisL_GSM) Android 4.2
- Asus ZenFone 2 (ZE551ML) (Z00A) Android 5.0
- Asus Zenfone MAX (ASUS_Z010) Android 5.0
- Huawei Honor 6 (L04) Marshmallow (B820)
- Huawei Nexus 6P (angler) Android 6.0
- Huawei P8 (HWGRA) Android 5.0
- Lenovo A369i (A369i) Android 4.2
- Lenovo K3 Note (K50a40) Android 5.1
- Lenovo TAB 2 A7-10F (Tab2A7-10F) Android 5.0
- LG G Stylo (g4stylusn) Android 5.1
- LG G3 D855 Android 6.0
- LG K4 (e1q) Android 5.1
- LG L90 (w7n) Android 5.0
- LG Leon 4G LTE (c50) Android 5.0
- LG M1 (m1) Android 5.1
- LG Nexus 4 (mako) Android 5.1
- LG Optimus Exceed 2 (w5c) Android 4.4
- Megafon Turbo 4G ZTE MS4A Android 4.4
- Meizu m2 note Android 5.1
- Moto E with 4G LTE (2nd Gen) (surnia_uds) Android 5.1
- Moto G (3rd Gen) (osprey_udstv) Android 6.0
- Moto G (2nd Gen) Android 5.0
- Moto G (1st Gen) (falcon_umts) Android 6.0
- Moto X (1st Gen) (ghost) Android 6.0
- OPPO Neo 7 (A33W) Android 5.1
- OPPO R831K Android 4.2
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Android 5.0
- Samsung Galaxy Grand2 (ms013g) Android 4.4
- Samsung Galaxy Note II (t03g) Android 6.0
- Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus (s2vep) Android 4.2
- Samsung Galaxy S3 4G (i9305) Android 4.4.4
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) Android 5.1
- Samsung Galaxy S5 (sm-g900f) Android 6.0.1
- Samsung Galaxy TabS 8.4 (klimtwifi) Android 6.0
- Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus (kylepro) Android 4.2
- Samsung Galaxy Win (delos3geur) Android 4.1
- Samsung Garda (gardaltetmo) Android 4.2
- Sony Xperia SP (huashan) Android 5.1
- Sony Xperia Z Android 6.0
- Sony Xperia Z2 Android 5.1.1
- Symphony Teleca M2 Android 4.4
- Symphony Teleca OnePlus One (A0001) Android 6.0
- Xiaomi HM NOTE 1LTETD Android 6.0
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 HM 2LTE-CU (HM2014811) Android 4.4
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (kenzo) Android 5.1
- YUPHORIA (YUPHORIA) Android 5.1
- ZTE Obsidian Z820 (P675T07) Android 5.1
Need to confirm work or not
- HTC phone/tablet
This is the features
- The application scan for active interfaces in your devices, such as eth0, eth1, wlan0... So you can change the MAC address for not only Wi-Fi. This will be helpful if your device does not have Wi-Fi IC.
- You can save the MAC addresses as profile.
- You can see the history on each time you change the MAC address. Also set MAC from history .
- All features of application are totally free. I have just placed a small ads on the bottom of application .
Same application on Play Store requires you to purchase Pro before using some features such as saving MAC...
Description on Play Store
Please be noted
- This application requires rooted Device
- BusyBox is not required, but it would be better if you have it installed!
- All features we mention below is totally free! There is no PRO version here .
Support change MAC address of not only Wi-Fi but also other network interfaces such as Ethernet if you are using Android TV Box...
- Change the MAC address: Change the MAC address of your network interface. You can manually input the MAC address or generate a random one.
- Profile manager: You can save the MAC address to profile and use it later. This will save your time.
- History manager: When you change the MAC address, the log will be saved here.
- Guidance: The user manual helps you how to use application, common problems...
How to revert the real MAC address?
- Just disable then enable your Wi-Fi. Your real MAC address will come back!
- In the case your MAC address is not reverted back to original one, please reboot your device and see the changes!
Why does the Wi-Fi show "Authentication problem" after changing MAC address?
- Some rooted devices running stock rom have this problem. We are still in investigation!
When shall this application fully support devices with MediaTek (MTK) chipset?
- Support for MediaTek chipset is experimental. We are working so hard to support your device. Please be patient!
If you're facing any problem, want new feature or have feedback to improve this application, don't hesitate to send it to us via the support email: [email protected]