Post Reply Email Thread
10th August 2016, 01:38 AM |#21  
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 3,553

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperThomasLab

Thanks for the bug-report on the Beta release. We are looking into it. We suspect it has to do with the flip animations of the cards loading directly after root check has completed. Do you have this every time / after a restart?

It happens every time I perform a root check. Within 5 seconds or so, right after pressing the execution button to begin the root check, the popup appears as soon as the app restarts itself (as seen on the image on my last post).

I couldn't recreate it within any of the other features (so far LOL).

Thanks!

10th August 2016, 10:02 AM |#22  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

It happens every time I perform a root check. Within 5 seconds or so, right after pressing the execution button to begin the root check, the popup appears as soon as the app restarts itself (as seen on the image on my last post).

I couldn't recreate it within any of the other features (so far LOL).

Thanks!

I put it on the bug list and I will investigate this further. I haven't been able to reproduce your error so far on CM13 but will keep digging. I could catch the possible crash and let the next animation appear in a different way in such event.
11th August 2016, 03:01 AM |#23  
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 3,553

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I put it on the bug list and I will investigate this further. I haven't been able to reproduce your error so far on CM13 but will keep digging. I could catch the possible crash and let the next animation appear in a different way in such event.

Since the beta update, it now happens about 1/3d of the time. 1/3d works without a problem, 1/3d the app restarts with the same results as before and 1/3d the app just closes.
15th August 2016, 08:40 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
has adoptable storage been tested on samsung galaxy j7 yet? if so was it successfull? id like to know before i go buy a new sd card to use! any info would be much appreciated!
16th August 2016, 04:21 PM |#25  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappawolfie

has adoptable storage been tested on samsung galaxy j7 yet? if so was it successfull? id like to know before i go buy a new sd card to use! any info would be much appreciated!

We do not know whether your Galaxy J7 works with adoptable storage; however, it didn't work for one user on a Galaxy J5. You might want to try and test it with a small SD card first, then buy a new one. Just don't select the option "Migrate data" until you are sure you want to keep the configuration with the SD card of your choice.
16th August 2016, 08:29 PM |#26  

More
Quote:

We do not know whether your Galaxy J7 works with adoptable storage; however, it didn't work for one user on a Galaxy J5. You might want to try and test it with a small SD card first, then buy a new one. Just don't select the option "Migrate data" until you are sure you want to keep the configuration with the SD card of your choice.

understandable i havent seen much info about it but if i am to try it i would assume i have to move any apps i have on external storage back to internal and make a backup of the sd card since it will need to be formatted correct? also is there any other preporation i should do prior to testing to give the best results or possibly the least damaging if something goes wrong? thanks for your reply!
16th August 2016, 09:07 PM |#27  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappawolfie

understandable i havent seen much info about it but if i am to try it i would assume i have to move any apps i have on external storage back to internal and make a backup of the sd card since it will need to be formatted correct? also is there any other preporation i should do prior to testing to give the best results or possibly the least damaging if something goes wrong? thanks for your reply!

Yes, move apps to internal. Yes, backup SD prior to creating adoptable. ADVICE: Do not migrate data to SD card unless you are absolutely certain that you want to keep this situation. Adopt only partially so you have some ext.SD left to be able to move files.
17th August 2016, 02:55 AM |#28  

More
Has adoptable storage been tested on a Samsung Galaxy On5? When I attempted to adopt an SD card on my (rooted) On5, the app told me that the operation succeeded, but after reboot the SD card had not been adopted.
17th August 2016, 12:01 PM |#29  
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraconicXDA

Has adoptable storage been tested on a Samsung Galaxy On5? When I attempted to adopt an SD card on my (rooted) On5, the app told me that the operation succeeded, but after reboot the SD card had not been adopted.

Maybe someone who has the Samsung Galaxy On5 can respond? In our experience most models should work but could depend on type/brand of the SD card. Sometimes multiple attempts are needed to get the job done. We need to gather more info on why adoption process does not work on first attempt. Keep sharing your experiences (beta feedback) so we can improve Root Essentials.
22nd August 2016, 09:24 PM |#30  
Flag █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
Thanks Meter: 674

More
Can't purchase premium.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Labs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160822-162307.png
Views:	258
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	3851007  
23rd August 2016, 09:58 AM |#31  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newyork!

Can't purchase premium.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Labs

Thank you for bringing this to my attention! I am dealing with solving all kinds of Google Play related errors, caught some of them by changing the code.

This one is new for me. I take it you have GAPPS installed. Could you let me know what version of Root Essentials you are on? Since you did not get a crash, I cannot see much on my side.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperThomasLab For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SuperThomasLab Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)