The Pixel 2 Launcher was released not long ago. But some features only work when installed as a system app so I decided to make this.
- Based on Pixel Launcher P-4623511
- Enable google now and weather without installing as a system app
- Fix blue folders on Xperia devices
- Change accent color to Pixel blue
- Add circle icon shape for Nexus on stock O
- Force circle icons option
- Force colored Google logo option
- Dark theme
- Dark text theme
- Fixed settings buttons visible in app drawer
Here's a little video of it in action.
How to install? Simple. Just download the apk and open it. And don't forget to uninstall you old Pixel Launcher first (if you already have one).
This is only tested on 7.1.1. If this is working on other Android versions please report back.
- Pixel Launcher Q-4753642.apk (Based on P DP2 launcher, no modded features yet)
- Pixel 2 Launcher modded v5.3 from GitHub or Telegram (based on P-4623511, for Android 7.0+)
- Pixel 2 Launcher modded v4.0.3.apk (based on 8.1.0-4429924, for Android 5.0+)
- Pixel 2 Launcher modded v5.3 build 16.apk
- Pixel 2 Launcher modded v5.3 build 15.apk
- Pixel 2 Launcher modded v5.3.apk
- Pixel 2 Launcher modded v5.2.0.apk
- Attachment 4459904
- Pixel 2 Launcher modded v5.1.apk
- Pixel 2 Launcher modded v5.0.apk
- Attachment 4410311
- Pixel 2 Launcher modded v3.2.apk
- Pixel 2 Launcher modded v3.1.apk
- Pixel 2 Launcher modded v3.0.1.apk
- Pixel 2 Launcher modded v3.0.apk
- Pixel 2 Launcher modded v2.0.apk [mirror]
- Pixel 2 Launcher modded v1.8.apk [mirror]
- Pixel 2 Launcher modded v1.7.apk [mirror]
- Pixel 2 Launcher modded v1.6.apk [mirror]
- Pixel 2 Launcher modded v1.5.apk [mirror]
- Pixel 2 Launcher modded v1.4.apk
- Pixel 2 Launcher modded v1.3.apk
- Pixel 2 Launcher modded v1.2.apk
- Pixel 2 Launcher modded v1.1.apk
- Pixel 2 Launcher.apk
v5.3 build 22 (29/4/2018) - Added an another variant with changed package name for Pixel users - Fix crash when launching some apps v5.3 build 17 (25/4/2018) - Align all apps search bar by rounding translationY to the nearest pixel - Fix shortcuts disappearing in “at a glance” area v5.3 build 16 (24/4/2018) - Fix microphone button opacity in new search bar style v5.3 build 15 (24/4/2018) - Add option to use auto-theming on 8.1 v5.3.0 (31/3/2018) - Added notification swipe down gesture - Removed Moto 5x4 fixed grid v5.2.0 (30/3/2018) - New dock style v5.1.1 (28/3/2018) - Fixed MM crash v5.1 (26/3/2018) - Added force round icon v5.0 (15/3/2018) - Based on Pixel launcher P-4623511 - Fixed settings buttons visible in all apps - Almost all features from v4.0.3 v4.0.3 (11/2/2018): - Fixed crash when dragging shortcuts and when entering settings - Disable Samsung immersive when at home screen v4.0.2 (5/2/2018): - Fixed MM crash from QSB v4.0.1 (4/2/2018): - Based on Pixel Launcher 8.1.0-4429924 - All previous modded features from v3.2.1 - Optimized some backported codes v3.2.1 (3/2/2018): - Fixed crash when entering hide apps setting - Fixed top row disappearing if 'At A Glance' is disabled v3.2 (27/1/2018): - Added option to hide apps from drawer v3.1 (11/26/2017): - Added option to remove white gradient under dock - Should fix popup arrow on small screen v3.0.1 (10/26/2017): - Fix crash on MM v3.0 (10/26/2017): - Based on Pixel Launcher 8.1.0-4348501 - Automatic dark theme (for Android 8.1) - All previous modded features v2.0 (10/21/2017): - Add option to force colored Google logo - Add option to enable dark text - Add option to disable 'At A Glance' v1.8 (10/20/2017): - Add option to force round icons v1.7 (10/18/2017): - Fix settings crash on Lollipop - Fix grid size on Moto devices - Revert "Force colored Google logo on any wallpaper" v1.6 (10/18/2017): - Improve notifications pulldown - Added an option to enable the included dark theme - Added a shortcut to enable notification access - Hide Google Now Launcher from app drawer v1.5 (10/15/2017): - Add bottom margin for devices without navigation bar v1.4 (10/15/2017): - Add support for Android 5.0 - Force colored Google logo on any wallpaper v1.3 (10/15/2017): - Fix weird crash on Galaxy S8 - Add round search bar in app drawer v1.2 (10/14/2017): - Add support for Android 7.0 - Add circle shape to icon shape selector (for Android O) - Show icon shape selector without having to enable developer options (for Android O) v1.1 (10/14/2017): - Change accent color to Pixel blue - Add pull down to open notifications drawer
- Date not showing on L and M
- Grey Google logo is not a bug
- White gradient is not a bug
Q: Notification badges is not working
Q: It's crashing for me
A: Attach a logcat when reporting issues or it will be ignored.
Q: Weather/At A Glance not working
A: Make sure your Google app is the latest version and installed as a system app then try this.
Q: My icons are not rounded
A: It's up to your ROM to decide which one is used.
Q: It says "App not installed" when I try to change my wallpaper.
A: Install Google's Wallpapers app from Play Store.
Q: Does this launcher support icon packs?
A: No. Neither this nor the original Pixel Launcher support icon packs. But if you're rooted, you can use Pixel Launcher Mods to change icons or apply an icon pack.
Q: I got an error saying "App not installed" when I try to install this launcher
Q: I got an error saying "There was a problem parsing the package" when I try to install
A: Starting from version 5 (based on P Pixel Launcher), this launcher only supports Android 7 and above.
Q: The launcher crashes when launching some apps.
A: This is probably a bug in a WIP feature in the launcher. A workaround is to change icon shape in launcher settings.
Telegram discussion group: MPixelLauncher2
If you like my works, you can donate to me here.
Please press thanks if you like this.