FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][7.0+] Rootless Pixel 2 Launcher with Google Now page working

1,396 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,091
 
By paphonb, Senior Member on 13th October 2017, 07:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th June 2018, 03:59 PM |#6561  
EVOSerb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrul

It works perfectly on my essential phone running P Beta and latest Google Beta App off course.
Thanks for the info, never realize itu were there before.

Do you have issues swiping up to bring up recent apps? I'm also running P on my ph-1 and can't swipe up to see recent apps when on this launcher
 
 
14th June 2018, 04:07 PM |#6562  
fahrul's Avatar
Member
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOSerb

Do you have issues swiping up to bring up recent apps? I'm also running P on my ph-1 and can't swipe up to see recent apps when on this launcher

Im using native launcher from the ROM (quickstep launcher), if using this launcher the new navigation not work as Android P navigation suppose to. Back Button always appear, can't swipe Up to recent apps. Looklike it does not compatible right now.
Sorry for my English, i hope u understand what i mean.
The Following User Says Thank You to fahrul For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fahrul Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 04:48 PM |#6563  
rizki_Alkaf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Semarang
Thanks Meter: 84
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abramose

iam on 8.6.9.21, but i dont think that the beta is the solution. anything in my card is wrong. dont know how to activate it. there must be a solution...

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------



Here we go. still no widget folder, but it works. reset my feed. and resign in my profil.

What is "widget folder"?
A screenshot might help

If you have weather shows up on your Google feed, then you should have it on your at a glance widget too
14th June 2018, 08:45 PM |#6564  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 744
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizki_Alkaf

What is "widget folder"?
A screenshot might help

If you have weather shows up on your Google feed, then you should have it on your at a glance widget too


If you had read that original comment you would have seen my screenshots with the "widget folder" he was talking about.

There is NOT a widget folder.

There is a setting for the "at a glance" widget in the Google feed under the heading "widget" and I've found 9 out of ten people reporting the weather "not working " don't even have that setting turned on or dont have that option in the Google feed settings....
People are installing the pixel version of this launcher on non pixel devices or vice versa, and the weather not working is sign of running the incorrect version of the launcher for the device you have (found by reading the confirmation posts a couple of pages back in the thread)

To find the "widget " settings, you should goto the
Google feed
Select overflow menu
Select widget
Turn on, and the weather should then work (if you have the non pixel version of the launcher on a non pixel or the pixel version on a pixel of course..)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180614-204339.jpg
Views:	830
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	4526835   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180614-204328.png
Views:	830
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	4526837   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180614-204334.png
Views:	818
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	4526838  
14th June 2018, 10:08 PM |#6565  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 205
 
More
Why are the icons not all the same? Some are round some are square some are system default. I have force circle on and change icons to circle. Any ideas oh and I'm on 5.2.0 I tried all them the newest version I could not get weather to work on at a glance so went back to on that did.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180614-160352_Pixel Launcher.jpg
Views:	704
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	4526880  
14th June 2018, 10:28 PM |#6566  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 744
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rippedwarrior69

Why are the icons not all the same? Some are round some are square some are system default. I have force circle on and change icons to circle. Any ideas oh and I'm on 5.2.0 I tried all them the newest version I could not get weather to work on at a glance so went back to on that did.


If you read the FAQs / known issues on the first post it does explain that if some icons are not round ect that is not controlled by this launcher but by your device or ROM.

Also read the faqs and the last few pages of this thread with regard to the weather not working, I've explained how to turn it on several times.
Also make sure you are not using the pixel version of the launcher on a non pixel device, as the weather not working is a known issue of using the incorrect version on the incorrect device
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180614-222735.png
Views:	658
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	4526893  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bubba1601 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubba1601 Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 11:00 PM |#6567  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba1601

To find the "widget " settings, you should goto the
Google feed
Select overflow menu
Select widget
Turn on, and the weather should then work (if you have the non pixel version of the launcher on a non pixel or the pixel version on a pixel of course..)

Latest google beta i can download is version 8.6.9.21.arm64 but no widget option. I used to have weather in at a glance without Location turned on but all of a sudden one day it decides to stop showing weather. now it doesn't even work with location on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180615-022945.jpg
Views:	580
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	4526912  
14th June 2018, 11:02 PM |#6568  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 744
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KasraMC

Latest google beta i can download is version 8.6.9.21.arm64 but no widget option. I used to have weather in at a glance without Location turned on but all of a sudden one day it decides to stop showing weather. now it doesn't even work with location on.


There is a newer version that I'm using.

Version 8.7.9.21 arm64
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180614-230111.png
Views:	588
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	4526914  
14th June 2018, 11:03 PM |#6569  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba1601

There is a newer version that I'm using.

Version 8.7.9.21 arm64

Welp, guess i'll wait for the new version to arrive for me.
14th June 2018, 11:06 PM |#6570  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 744
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KasraMC

Welp, guess i'll wait for the new version to arrive for me.

Here you go

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/
The Following User Says Thank You to bubba1601 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubba1601 Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 11:30 PM |#6571  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 205
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba1601

If you read the FAQs / known issues on the first post it does explain that if some icons are not round ect that is not controlled by this launcher but by your device or ROM.

Also read the faqs and the last few pages of this thread with regard to the weather not working, I've explained how to turn it on several times.
Also make sure you are not using the pixel version of the launcher on a non pixel device, as the weather not working is a known issue of using the incorrect version on the incorrect device

Well I did the weather fix for the newest version but no go. I'm on a at&t note 8 so that's prolly why. 5.2.0 weather works perfectly. I like the look of the dock with the white background also. Thanks everyone for there hard work and for helping us on xda.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes