FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][Root][7.0+]RunInBackgroundSetter v1.4 :: [25.07.2017]

584 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,675

By MrBIMC, Senior Member on 16th July 2017, 07:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Few hours ago @explainAndroid posted article on xda main page onto how to use android's hidden RUN_IN_BACKGROUND permission to restrict app's background behavior. I made an app for that.

Here's link to original article: https://www.xda-developers.com/freez...ndroid-nougat/
Here's link to app's github: https://github.com/MrBIMC/RunInBackg...rmissionSetter
Here's link to reddit thread about app: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...rf&sh=675cc4d6
Here's link to xda labs: https://labs.xda-developers.com/stor...rmissionsetter
The Following 153 Users Say Thank You to MrBIMC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrBIMC Ad-Free

16th July 2017, 08:04 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chernihiv
Thanks Meter: 1,675

More
Omg it created multiple threads. Sorry. Trying to remove duplicates now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrBIMC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrBIMC Ad-Free
17th July 2017, 12:26 AM |#3  
News Writer
Thanks Meter: 682

More
Submit this to XDA Labs as well! Don't worry about a crappy icon or whatever. I've made apps in Tasker and have posted them to Labs hehe. As long as people find it useful feel free to submit!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MishaalRahman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MishaalRahman Ad-Free
17th July 2017, 11:21 AM |#4  
Flag Hospitalet de l Infant
Thanks Meter: 171

More
@MrBIMC
Thanks for the app!!
Is possible add hours of the days of week when selected apps run or doent run in background?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jordirpz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jordirpz Ad-Free
17th July 2017, 02:10 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Nice app!
Will charging disable this?
The Following User Says Thank You to Nintenbas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nintenbas Ad-Free
17th July 2017, 02:33 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Can u make the app work without rooting, just using adb, where the permission through adb for this app is granted once and then it can be used to limit background permission of other apps
The Following User Says Thank You to arjuntsgowda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arjuntsgowda Ad-Free
17th July 2017, 03:43 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 6,872

Donate to Me
More
excellent mate.
we should post a tutorial... not everyone will understand the potential ramifications of disabling everything
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kevp75 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kevp75 Ad-Free
17th July 2017, 03:53 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 203

Donate to Me
More
I will try to test this out! Though, I kinda like the old icon compared to the new one, it seems like it's not properly cropped. Additionally, could you add an option to show system and user apps only? Maybe a toggle to ignore apps all at once or vice versa too?
17th July 2017, 04:26 PM |#9  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 79

More
No chance for Marshmallow?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Al Gore For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Al Gore Ad-Free
18th July 2017, 10:25 PM |#10  
Does this have the same functionality as in lineage os ROMs app ops where you can disable background processes?
The Following User Says Thank You to hassan_1000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hassan_1000 Ad-Free
18th July 2017, 10:30 PM |#11  
Flag Colchester
Thanks Meter: 1,332

Donate to Me
More
As someone is undoubtedly going to ask it, I'll ask it for them. How does this differentiate to apps like greenify @MrBIMC? Do they both limit background processes? Anyways, the all looks very interesting, thanks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DEVILOPS 007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DEVILOPS 007 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)