Access the external storage card in your Android device over wifi / network as a SMB / Windows shared folder.
This app requires your device to already have:
* root access.
* Superuser 184.108.40.206 or later, from Android Market (may work with other Android 'su' implementations but I havent tested with many others).
* Install the current Google Play version
* A Development version is also available (see below).
On the first run, make sure you catch the SuperUser Auth request to allow the Samba Filesharing app root access.
Also, the first run will be a bit slow, the app has to unpack some additional binaries into its private data space.
GPL: Based on the awesome UNIX http://www.samba.org/ project - Samba GPL licensing information including source code modification details are included in the app. Once installed go to Menu -> Settings -> About.
If you like this app, please consider making a small donation. Not to me, but to one of the charities I strongly support: Cancer Research, or Animal Welfare.
Larest Dev build attached below, and includes some additional customisable options for new features in development, and manual edits to the smb.conf (use at your own peril, but please report successes etc back here)
- To install: unzip, and either:
- ADB: adb install SambaFilesharing<version>.apk
- FileManager: Copy the APK to /sdcard on your device, then launch with a filemanager program (like Astro).
(The below SambaFilesharing-dev-130413.zip is the the Google Play 140525 version with extra dev options turned on )