FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.3+][ROOT] Screen Backlight OFF (xda-exclusive free version)

1,256 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,465

Post Reply Email Thread
23rd February 2015, 08:15 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 246

More
hi ,
tested on Note 4 ( N910F ) Lollipop v5.0.1 ,works fine!
and solved one big annoyance for me ,
watching movie on tv (device via MHL3 connector + HDMI cable to tv )
backlight of device was always on .
Now i can switch device backlight off ( perfect for me ) !!
and save wasting unnecessary battery power .
Tested it also on Note 8.0 ( KitKat ) tab, works also fine .
good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to willcor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift willcor Ad-Free

23rd February 2015, 10:19 AM |#12  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by killoid

@cygery force closed on my galaxy y duos gt-s6102, running stock 2.3.6 rom. log attached.

Thanks for the report. The problem should be fixed in the new release (v1.0.3.0). Please clear the app data after installation. I tested it on my old Samsung Galaxy Y and found no issues so far but please post if anything doesn't work (as it should).
The Following User Says Thank You to cygery For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2015, 10:20 AM |#13  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
I've uploaded an update (v1.0.3.0). What's new:
  • added support for more devices
  • small fixes
  • small improvements
23rd February 2015, 10:32 AM |#14  
Flag tripoli
Thanks Meter: 300

More
tanx for the nice app its gd wen am chatting save more battery and easy to see the screen just by touching it ... i was missing the double tab to awake in my phone ... working fine with my galaxy S4 CM12 ....
can u plz try to make the the screen wake up by double tab not just one?
23rd February 2015, 10:58 AM |#15  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhboooool

tanx for the nice app its gd wen am chatting save more battery and easy to see the screen just by touching it ... i was missing the double tab to awake in my phone ... working fine with my galaxy S4 CM12 ....
can u plz try to make the the screen wake up by double tab not just one?

I'll wait how much demand there is for this.
Please note that this app doesn't put the device to sleep and its purpose is to be used with other apps (video players) which keep the device awake anyway. So this app doesn't wake up the device and shouldn't be used as a replacement for a "double tap to wake" feature.
23rd February 2015, 11:34 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Works on my xperia z3 dual, thanks for this wonderful app
The Following User Says Thank You to m1kz0430 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m1kz0430 Ad-Free
23rd February 2015, 06:05 PM |#17  
Flag 23.7000° N, 90.3750° E
Thanks Meter: 445

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cygery

Thanks for the report. The problem should be fixed in the new release (v1.0.3.0). Please clear the app data after installation. I tested it on my old Samsung Galaxy Y and found no issues so far but please post if anything doesn't work (as it should).

i have a question. how can i activate it when i am in a full screen app? seems like i've to increase the activation time so that i can enter quickly into the app & then it will auto activate. but if u can implement an option to trigger it by double/triple/quad (as someone may trigger something else by tapping certain tym so it will be better to keep these three options) tapping the screen then it would be so much easy! we won't have to increase/decrease timer for different apps. & how does the option 'allow externel access' work? i mean i can switch off the screen from any app (except full screen ones) via notification without enabling it. so what does it do if i enable it?
23rd February 2015, 06:27 PM |#18  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by killoid

i have a question. how can i activate it when i am in a full screen app? seems like i've to increase the activation time so that i can enter quickly into the app & then it will auto activate. but if u can implement an option to trigger it by double/triple/quad (as someone may trigger something else by tapping certain tym so it will be better to keep these three options) tapping the screen then it would be so much easy! we won't have to increase/decrease timer for different apps. & how does the option 'allow externel access' work? i mean i can switch off the screen from any app (except full screen ones) via notification without enabling it. so what does it do if i enable it?

I'll think if I can find a good way to enable it from a full screen app. Can you open the notification area from the recents screen? If I remember correctly it's opened by long clicking the home button on your device.
External access must be enabled to use the shortcut feature. You can add the shortcut to your home screen but automation tools usually also support shortcuts so you could combine it. Maybe it's already possible to detect double/triple taps with an automation tool and trigger this app then.
The Following User Says Thank You to cygery For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2015, 07:18 PM |#19  
Flag 23.7000° N, 90.3750° E
Thanks Meter: 445

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cygery

I'll think if I can find a good way to enable it from a full screen app. Can you open the notification area from the recents screen? If I remember correctly it's opened by long clicking the home button on your device.
External access must be enabled to use the shortcut feature. You can add the shortcut to your home screen but automation tools usually also support shortcuts so you could combine it. Maybe it's already possible to detect double/triple taps with an automation tool and trigger this app then.

ok, i got it. maybe u can implement an option to show an overlay button to activate it.
24th February 2015, 10:15 AM |#20  
Flag Yogyakarta
Thanks Meter: 403

Donate to Me
More
Can i get future updates over play store if i install this xda version?
24th February 2015, 10:23 AM |#21  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticalX

Can i get future updates over play store if i install this xda version?

No, Playstore updates are only delivered to apps which are installed via the Playstore. Also, the version on the Playstore has a different package name, i.e., it's a different app.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backlight, disable, root, screen

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)