9,544 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,517

Post Reply Email Thread
15th August 2017, 08:00 PM |#11  
Flag Bahia
Thanks Meter: 2,205

Donate to Me
More
Can you add a feature to hide the launcher icon/entry?

EDIT:
Managed to do it.
Code:
su
pm disable com.ibuprophen.selinux/.MainActivity

15th August 2017, 10:55 PM |#12  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgadelha

Can you add a feature to hide the launcher icon/entry? EDIT: Managed to do it.

Code:
su
pm disable com.ibuprophen.selinux/.MainActivity

That was very clever indeed...

This feature was asked a while ago and, after pondering it for a day or so, i had decided not to add this feature for a specific reason...

Those who use the app (and isn't as technically inclined as others) may get a bit lost in recovering the icon/entering the app again.

I know that if I had this feature, after a bit, I'd start getting posts and PM's from members asking how to get the Icon back in their app drawer and/or how to enter the app again.

I use the Next Launcher and there's an app drawer feature (i know many other launchers have this too) where I can easily hide icons from the app drawer and easily get them back.

Thank you very much for your suggestion and providing the resolve to this too.

I'm always open to new suggestions!

16th August 2017, 12:23 AM |#13  
Flag Bahia
Thanks Meter: 2,205

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

That was very clever indeed...

This feature was asked a while ago and, after pondering it for a day or so, i had decided not to add this feature for a specific reason...

Those who use the app (and isn't as technically inclined as others) may get a bit lost in recovering the icon/entering the app again.

I know that if I had this feature, after a bit, I'd start getting posts and PM's from members asking how to get the Icon back in their app drawer and/or how to enter the app again.

I use the Next Launcher and there's an app drawer feature (i know many other launchers have this too) where I can easily hide icons from the app drawer and easily get them back.

Thank you very much for your suggestion and providing the resolve to this too.

I'm always open to new suggestions!

Thanks for clarifying.

I'm a user of Pixel Launcher and we don't have that feature, but at least I managed to get the workaround.

Keep the great app.

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to dgadelha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dgadelha Ad-Free
16th August 2017, 02:34 AM |#14  
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
I just added the Icon to the thread and changed the color in the title of the first paragraph to green to help highlight it for those who may have missed it.

Thank you all!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
16th August 2017, 05:50 AM |#15  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

The SELinux Switch is now up on the XDA Labs Store.

I just tried it out and found that it does not support TouchWiz which probably means that I will need to create a permissive Kernel. I do know that SELinuxMode Changer worked on Android 5.0.2 TouchWiz. Please make a fix, I am a beginning Android Developer and will you guide me the way to knowing how to do these? Thanks!
16th August 2017, 07:29 AM |#16  
Flag Slough
Thanks Meter: 613

More
Thanks for the switch app. Very handy and saves time to toggle back to permissive after each boot. It helps running V4A in permissive mode.
16th August 2017, 11:27 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Is this compatible with devices running MagiskSu/Hide?
16th August 2017, 07:04 PM |#18  
Flag Mass.
Thanks Meter: 252

More
@Ibuprophen - FYI virustotal gave it a score of 3/61 https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/c9...58ba/detection

But it's a false positive, it's actually Benign (see attached)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf report.pdf - [Click for QR Code] (163.8 KB, 56 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to hazmad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hazmad Ad-Free
16th August 2017, 09:53 PM |#19  
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mttrwlnd

Is this compatible with devices running MagiskSu/Hide?

Thank you very much for reminding me to post the Magisk and PSA information!

Please take a look at the following (Post #3) regarding Magisk:

INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAGISK/MAGISK HIDE USERS by Ibuprophen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazmad

@Ibuprophen - FYI virustotal gave it a score of 3/61... But it's a false positive, it's actually Benign...

I had taken a look at the site...

It looks to me like their information was based on the Flashable Zip only.

Also, the score looks like it reflects on the fact that it involves the SELinux State based upon the permissions that the app requires for Root and SELinux.

I'm not surprised at all with the results because this app is extremely helpful only to those who knows WHAT the app does as well as HOW to use it and, importantly, using it RESPONSIBLY.

Thank you anyway for the information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Am The Egg Man,
They Are The Egg Men.
I Am The Walrus!
Coo Coo Cachoo!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
17th August 2017, 09:37 AM |#20  
Flag Djibouti
Thanks Meter: 617

Donate to Me
More
Thank you for this great work but it's not working on my Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro A9100

I'm on custom rom with enforcing selinux. When I use The Selinux Switch, I can verify that it is working but when I reboot my device, the selinux returns to its enforcing position.

Can you make a fix please ?
17th August 2017, 02:55 PM |#21  
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayad

Thank you for this great work but it's not working on my Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro A9100 . I'm on custom rom with enforcing selinux. When I use The Selinux Switch, I can verify that it is working but when I reboot my device, the selinux returns to its enforcing position. Can you make a fix please ?

Please read the following information on the OP:

"What does The SELinux Switch NOT do?"

"What do I do to use this app?"

Thank you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Am The Egg Man,
They Are The Egg Men.
I Am The Walrus!
Coo Coo Cachoo!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
selinux, selinuxmodechanger, switch, toggle