Thanks Meter: 6,547

Post Reply Email Thread
18th August 2017, 11:02 PM |#31  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,131

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

I'm just going by what I know about Magisk because I've never used it...

In your case, this app should work as long as:

1) The parameters for the Magisk only portion on the 4th post are set.

2) The BusyBox Binaries are installed in the "/system/xbin".

3) Superuser's SU Binaries are installed appropriately.

That's pretty much how I understand it unless @ahrion & @Dixon Butz has anything to clarify, add, remove, etc... because they have a better understanding on using this app with Magisk (you could say that they're the Resident Experts).

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Am The Egg Man,
They Are The Egg Men.
I Am The Walrus!
Coo Coo Cachoo!

So Magisk currently limits the use of BusyBox, especially with installing it. It's weird because it now has its own included with Magisk. I'm assuming that BusyBox was bundled with his rom or kernel. I recommend installing the osm0sis BusyBox that is in the Magisk Manager repo. That thing is money.

This is a known issue, which is why 13.5 Magisk tested the use of an internal Magisk BusyBox.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahrion For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2017, 10:49 PM |#32  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
**** THREAD BUG ANNOUNCEMENT ****

I wanted to inform you all about an issue with the thread i had just reported to an Administrator.

I'm not sure if everyone has experienced this or just the few that I know about.

The issue is regarding posts that are appearing and disappearing on the thread that i coined... "The Case of the Disappearing Post"... LMAO .

I don't know if any of the followers from The SELinux Toggler thread remembers this but, this also happened shortly after i had created The SELinux Toggler thread too and the Administrator had sent the issue to, what i call "The XDA Geek Squad Guys" who also saw the issue then quickly and easily fixed it and no further issues arose again.

I don't know why this is happening to my DevDB Threads but, i must have been born under a bad sign... LMAO!

I'm sure that they will fix it early next week...

I just wanted to give you a heads up in case you also noticed something not right and let you know that it's already been reported.

Thank you ALL for your time and understanding with this!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Am The Egg Man,
They Are The Egg Men.
I Am The Walrus!
Coo Coo Cachoo!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
21st August 2017, 01:08 PM |#33  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
I really don't do this much at all (very rarely)...

This is from a PM from a member and my response that I'm passing along so others can get help in case this question arises again for other members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljseegar

When i reboot after setting to permissive in the app it has anitofication that says it has been set to permissive but the phone still enforces it might just be a kernel problem idk but hopefully sands next update will fix it

Please don't take this the wrong way because i don't turn away support for my developments...

I prefer for members to post all their questions, concerns, etc... within the Forum Thread for one specific reason...

Sharing of information whereas another member has/have/had the same, similar or even a solution to your inquiry.

Now for your issue, the notification only indicates that the commands to the device were submitted.

It does not reflect the actual SELinux State of the device. That is for the individual to confirm.

I would like to refer you to the Threads OP that reflects a list of prerequisites for the Switch app to work as designed.

Also, the screenshot images also has extremely helpful information too.

It may be a kernel issue with your device. Keep in mind that one of the ways a device will be able to change it's SELinux State is for the devices sepolicy to allow it through the devices Kernel (which dictates this policy changes).

I hope i had explained all of this okay via text...

I'll see you on the thread...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Am The Egg Man,
They Are The Egg Men.
I Am The Walrus!
Coo Coo Cachoo!

I DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT VIA PM UNLESS ASKED/REQUESTED BY MYSELF.
PLEASE KEEP IT IN THE THREADS WHERE EVERYONE CAN SHARE
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
21st August 2017, 01:40 PM |#34  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
**** THREAD BUG RESOLVED****

I wanted to inform you all that, apparently, the issue had, kind of, resolved itself somehow... :what:

Thank you very much for your understanding for this! :thumbup:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Am The Egg Man,
They Are The Egg Men.
I Am The Walrus!
Coo Coo Cachoo!

The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
21st August 2017, 03:07 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Idk what the problem is sands207 has one of the variants of the same device and its working but it refuses to work on sprint

Sent from my Samsung SM-J327P using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Im about to try a logcat so i can see if i can locate the issue

Sent from my Samsung SM-J327P using XDA Labs
21st August 2017, 03:31 PM |#36  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Idk what the problem is sands207 has one of the variants of the same device and its working but it refuses to work on sprint. Sent from my Samsung SM-J327P using XDA Labs---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------Im about to try a logcat so i can see if i can locate the issue. Sent from my Samsung SM-J327P using XDA Labs

have you looked at the following thread?

[ROM] (STABLE) Custom ROM for J3 Emerge SM-J327P BOOST MOBILE/SPRINT/VIRGIN MOBILE by Sands207

The thread mentions that The SELinux Switch App works for them.

Maybe you could locate/post this within that thread...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Am The Egg Man,
They Are The Egg Men.
I Am The Walrus!
Coo Coo Cachoo!

21st August 2017, 03:47 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I have already posted the issue in that thread but you told me to post the bugs on here so that is what im doing sir you are confusing me very much
21st August 2017, 04:34 PM |#38  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have already posted the issue in that thread but you told me to post the bugs on here so that is what im doing sir you are confusing me very much

I already know that there's a bit of a language barrier based upon the your text verbiage and structure and I'll always ask for clarification if I'm not sure exactly what you're stating.

Now based upon the communication from the beginning, I really don't believe that the underlying issue is with The SELinux Switch App.

I believe that the Kernel on your device is not allowing the SELinux State to and be changed within its systems sepolicy.

I can't state this as a fact, I can only state this based upon the information at hand.

I hope i had stated this okay via text...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Am The Egg Man,
They Are The Egg Men.
I Am The Walrus!
Coo Coo Cachoo!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
23rd August 2017, 06:21 AM |#39  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
I've got an update that I had just wrapped up and I'll be releasing it tomorrow.

I need to get to bed... LMAO!!! :what:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Am The Egg Man,
They Are The Egg Men.
I Am The Walrus!
Coo Coo Cachoo!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
23rd August 2017, 05:13 PM |#40  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
***** THE NEW RELEASE IS UP *****

You may have noticed that there was a version jump.

This was my bad... You could say that it was a typo. I was working on 2 other developments as well and I had accidentally skipped a version by 1 and didn't realize it till i had transferred the apk to my device to test it and figured that as long as it tested good then it wasn't a big deal.

A special thanks to @Thebear j koss for the dark theme i had also introduced on this release. Seeing that this app only has 2 screens, the dark one looks a bit more cosmetically pleasing to the eye. I hope it's okay for everyone else too.

Please see the Changelog for the rest of the scoop!

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Am The Egg Man,
They Are The Egg Men.
I Am The Walrus!
Coo Coo Cachoo!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
24th August 2017, 05:05 PM |#41  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
I'm hoping everyone likes the Dark Theme!

Some Happy News Indeed...

On a another note, just over a week ago, a family member just gave me their Verizon Galaxy S5 after upgrading their phone.

So I had it set aside for a few days and after some posted questions, and allot of reading (scrubbing through the ton of different tutorials), last night i finally got the bootloader unlocked, TWRP installed and LineageOS installed.

I'm happy that the family member (whose not very technically inclined) never thought of performing OTA updates on it...LMAO!!!

Now i can play with that and get it ready for replacing my Verizon S3 I've been using for a few years now LOL!

I do have a Verizon S4 and a much older Motorola device but, the bootloader is locked up tight on them so i use them for testing purposes only.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Am The Egg Man,
They Are The Egg Men.
I Am The Walrus!
Coo Coo Cachoo!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
selinux, selinuxmodechanger, switch, toggle

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)