Post Reply Email Thread
10th July 2019, 10:56 PM |#521  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,547

Donate to Me
More
AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I just tried something different for the Switch App and REALLY crapped out on it... LOL!

It wasn't a show stopper but, always a lesson learned... :thumbup:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
29th July 2019, 05:41 PM |#522  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
Just a heads-up...

It looks like a minor update will be pushed sometime (hopefully) today or tomorrow. It's nothing huge though.

I'm curious regarding your opinions regarding Android Q Beta rolling out and the Switch App?

I don't, personally, have any eligible devices to even test with but, if necessary, I can try and get a PC Emulator going on Studio/Eclipse with Android Q.

I tried to perform a quick search on the forum and I had not even noticed any Custom Kernel developments specific to the Android Q and a Permissive SEAndroid capability (required for the Switch App to even function).

I've got a hunch that I'm a bit too early regarding this myself but, I don't want to assume anything nor push any test builds that's useless at this point in time.

Thanks a bunch!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
3rd August 2019, 11:18 PM |#523  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
Just an FYI that an update was just pushed earlier today.

A big day for various updates today... LOL!

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
19th August 2019, 08:38 PM |#524  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
I just can't believe it...

I had a "Duh!" moment earlier.

I spent an hour doing something on Github and then realized a minor mistake that took me about 2 hours fixing what I had done.

As Bugs Bunny put it... "What a Maroon!" LMAO!!!

Well, I just learned from my mistakes that helps me to be a better person.

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
19th August 2019, 10:56 PM |#525  
Thanks Meter: 346

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

I just can't believe it...

I had a "Duh!" moment earlier.

I spent an hour doing something on Github and then realized a minor mistake that took me about 2 hours fixing what I had done.

As Bugs Bunny put it... "What a Maroon!" LMAO!!!

Well, I just learned from my mistakes that helps me to be a better person.

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It happens to us all the point is you fixed it

(09-09-18)
The Following User Says Thank You to PoochyX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PoochyX Ad-Free
20th August 2019, 03:06 AM |#526  
Thanks Meter: 1,279

More
Quote:

...a minor mistake that took me about 2 hours fixing what I had done....

all is well that ends well.
The Following User Says Thank You to m0han For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m0han Ad-Free
20th August 2019, 10:31 PM |#527  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoochyX

It happens to us all the point is you fixed it (09-09-18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0han

all is well that ends well.

HA-HA!

This does happen to me from time to time but, this was the first time I spent that much time to do something and fix it. I'll definitely have to get used to this.

Github is very challenging at times. Especially when I go from one language to another. Specifically regarding my bouncing from an Android App to a PC Software.

I'm currently on the Developmental Team for the Open Shell Software.

Anyways, I believe that I'm beginning to fall into the multiple categories as seen on the following image.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1566336703867.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	4808518

Have a Great Day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
9th September 2019, 12:29 AM |#528  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi. Where is the source code of this app? I can't find it.
9th September 2019, 01:37 AM |#529  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolò Paganini

Hi. Where is the source code of this app? I can't find it.

Unfortunately, my modifications are not an Open Source but, you'll be able to obtain the Basic/Base Source Code this project (stemming back to The SELinux Toggler) within the following Github link (version 3.2 to be precise).

https://github.com/MrBIMC/SELinuxModeChanger

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX1 Forum App on my Sanyo Juno device.
11th September 2019, 03:54 AM |#530  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

Unfortunately, this is not an Open Source project but, you'll be able to obtain the Basic/Base Source Code this project began with (on The SELinux Toggler) within the following Github link (version 3.2 to be precise).

https://github.com/MrBIMC/SELinuxModeChanger

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX1 Forum App on my Sanyo Juno device.

Yes it is... I have downloaded your flashable zip file and inside of it there is a file containing the license. And it is the Apache License, which is a free software licence. Therefore you are required to make the source code available. So I have to ask again: where is the source code of this application?
11th September 2019, 02:50 PM |#531  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolò Paganini

Yes it is... I have downloaded your flashable zip file and inside of it there is a file containing the license. And it is the Apache License, which is a free software licence. Therefore you are required to make the source code available. So I have to ask again: where is the source code of this application?

The flashable zip was created from an Open Source app called "ZIPme" you can obtain from the following Play Store Link.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=zip.me

I only tweak the zip files permissions a touch.

This conversation is now closed... Thank you for using The SELinux Switch!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The XDA Labs Forum App on my Sanyo Juno device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
selinux, selinuxmodechanger, switch, toggle

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)