FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][TOOL][2.0+][OFFICIAL]The SELinux Switch

9,544 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,517
 
Post Reply Email Thread
11th September 2019, 02:50 PM |#531  
Ibuprophen's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,517
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolò Paganini

Yes it is... I have downloaded your flashable zip file and inside of it there is a file containing the license. And it is the Apache License, which is a free software licence. Therefore you are required to make the source code available. So I have to ask again: where is the source code of this application?

The flashable zip was created from an Open Source app called "ZIPme" you can obtain from the following Play Store Link.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=zip.me

I only tweak the zip files permissions a touch.

This conversation is now closed... Thank you for using The SELinux Switch!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The XDA Labs Forum App on my Sanyo Juno device.
 
 
11th September 2019, 05:56 PM |#532  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

The flashable zip was created from an Open Source app called "ZIPme" you can obtain from the following Play Store Link.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=zip.me

I only tweak the zip files permissions a touch.

This conversation is now closed... Thank you for using The SELinux Switch!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The XDA Labs Forum App on my Sanyo Juno device.

That's not true. You have the licenses for your app in "assets", and they are all free software licences: GPL v3, GPL v2 and Apache. If you don't admit the obvious then where is your license? You are required to provide the source code of your app. You are insisting on illegal behavior, so I will be required to report it to the appropriate authorities.
Sorry, but I am not using you app:
Firstly because it is extremely dangerous to give root access to secret code applications.
Secondly, because there is no need to use an application when you can simply run a command, which can even be placed inside a 2 line startup script...
11th September 2019, 11:14 PM |#533  
jrkruse's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 11,139
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolò Paganini

That's not true. You have the licenses for your app in "assets", and they are all free software licences: GPL v3, GPL v2 and Apache. If you don't admit the obvious then where is your license? You are required to provide the source code of your app. You are insisting on illegal behavior, so I will be required to report it to the appropriate authorities.
Sorry, but I am not using you app:
Firstly because it is extremely dangerous to give root access to secret code applications.
Secondly, because there is no need to use an application when you can simply run a command, which can even be placed inside a 2 line startup script...



Technically he would only need to produce the original source code he started with


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jrkruse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrkruse Ad-Free
12th September 2019, 03:28 AM |#534  
Ibuprophen's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,517
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkruse

Technically he would only need to produce the original source code he started with

I did provide @Niccolò Paganini the original/base Source Code on the following thread post...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=529

... and, apparently, this member is ignoring this information.

I truly don't like reporting any members (and rarely do)...

I hope/recommend/suggest that he just accepts the information (as requested) and moves on to something else more productive.

Peace and Love!
Peace and Love!
~Ringo Starr


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The XDA Labs Forum App on my Sanyo Juno device.
12th September 2019, 07:28 AM |#535  
jrkruse's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 11,139
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

I did provide @Niccolò Paganini the original/base Source Code on the following thread post...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=529

... and, apparently, this member is ignoring this information.

I truly don't like reporting any members (and rarely do)...

I hope/recommend/suggest that he just accepts the information (as requested) and moves on to something else more productive.

Peace and Love!
Peace and Love!
~Ringo Starr


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The XDA Labs Forum App on my Sanyo Juno device.



I wouldn’t worry about it. Probably just a troll anyways. Trying too get a rise out of you. Contrary to his opinion that its a worthless app I actually found it handy on some things i done in the past especially the root/unroot feature on the s7 your app was a good tool too have


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jrkruse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrkruse Ad-Free
12th September 2019, 08:58 PM |#536  
Ibuprophen's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,517
 
Donate to Me
More
Just a quick FYI for those who may not know and those who received a DevDB Update Notification...

Just to satisfy those who have/has/had wondered about this projects Source Code.

I had updated both the DevDB Threads OP on both The SELinux Switch & The SELinux Toggler as well.

I had only provided/populated the OP's Github link that provides the Basic/Base Source Code in which "The SELinux Toggler was Based On" and (its successor here) "The SELinux Switch was based Upon/Off of".

Please keep in mind that, though The SELinux Switch was based upon that older Source Code, much (not all) of it was reworked and updated since then.

Thank you very much for your time and understanding with this as I formerly close this subject.

Enjoy!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX1 Forum App on my Sanyo Juno device.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
14th September 2019, 01:34 AM |#537  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

I did provide @Niccolò Paganini the original/base Source Code on the following thread post...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=529

... and, apparently, this member is ignoring this information.

I truly don't like reporting any members (and rarely do)...

I hope/recommend/suggest that he just accepts the information (as requested) and moves on to something else more productive.

Peace and Love!
Peace and Love!
~Ringo Starr


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The XDA Labs Forum App on my Sanyo Juno device.

I hope/recommend/suggest that you just acknowledge that you are acting unlawfully with regard to respect for open source licenses, namely those on which you developed this application, and which you included in the zipped file.
Besides, if the programmer had nothing to hide, he would not refuse to disclose the source code of an application that has root access and that it is not needed for anything, as it can easily be replaced by a simple script of 1 line of code...
You have all been warned...
14th September 2019, 01:51 AM |#538  
jrkruse's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 11,139
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolò Paganini

I hope/recommend/suggest that you just acknowledge that you are acting unlawfully with regard to respect for open source licenses, namely those on which you developed this application, and which you included in the zipped file.

Besides, if the programmer had nothing to hide, he would not refuse to disclose the source code of an application that has root access and that it is not needed for anything, as it can easily be replaced by a simple script of 1 line of code...

You have all been warned...



Now im going to jump in here. You obviously are just a pest. He is not charging anything for the app he has original source posted. As for the simple 1 line of code. Yes thats easy for people that know but isn’t the purpose of an app too simplify things. Get a life dude quit complaining here. Report him to xda and let them decide but harassing the dev is not necessary. He is trying too do the right thing and unlike you he actually spends time helping people in lots of threads


Sent from some device I modified
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jrkruse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrkruse Ad-Free
14th September 2019, 02:53 AM |#539  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkruse

Now im going to jump in here. You obviously are just a pest. He is not charging anything for the app he has original source posted. As for the simple 1 line of code. Yes thats easy for people that know but isn’t the purpose of an app too simplify things. Get a life dude quit complaining here. Report him to xda and let them decide but harassing the dev is not necessary. He is trying too do the right thing and unlike you he actually spends time helping people in lots of threads


Sent from some device I modified

Of course he is not charging anything for the app... Did you review the source code to know why? I know you don't... it's a secret... Besides he is violating open source licenses.
14th September 2019, 03:38 AM |#540  
jrkruse's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 11,139
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolò Paganini

Of course he is not charging anything for the app... Did you review the source code to know why? I know you don't... it's a secret... Besides he is violating open source licenses.

A simple look at your profile confirms you are a troll. You do the same thing on every thread you participate in. So go have mommy cook you some dinner and go back to reading source code in her basement. Best of luck on trolling. Keep up the good work. Oh wait you probably don’t even have a big enough pair to report someone because you probably have so much the mods have all blocked you. Peace and love. Peace and love brother
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jrkruse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrkruse Ad-Free
14th September 2019, 04:46 AM |#541  
Zerikwan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pekanbaru
Thanks Meter: 186
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolò Paganini

...as it can easily be replaced by a simple script of 1 line of code...

Then please..build 1 for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolò Paganini

Did you review the source code to know why?

Did you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolò Paganini

You have all been warned...

Thanks for your warning.
But we love to use a "complicated-closed source app" rather than "1 simple line of code"

If you don't want to use it: shut up and leave.
If you don't like it: report, shut up and leave. "SIMPLE".
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
selinux, selinuxmodechanger, switch, toggle

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes