Thanks Meter: 6,545

Post Reply Email Thread
14th September 2019, 04:46 AM |#541  
Flag Pekanbaru
Thanks Meter: 186

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolò Paganini

...as it can easily be replaced by a simple script of 1 line of code...

Then please..build 1 for me.

Quote:

Did you review the source code to know why?

Did you?

Quote:

You have all been warned...

Thanks for your warning.
But we love to use a "complicated-closed source app" rather than "1 simple line of code"

If you don't want to use it: shut up and leave.
If you don't like it: report, shut up and leave. "SIMPLE".
14th September 2019, 03:05 PM |#542  
Quote:

I hope/recommend/suggest that you just acknowledge that you are acting unlawfully with regard to respect for open source licenses, namely those on which you developed this application, and which you included in the zipped file.

Besides, if the programmer had nothing to hide, he would not refuse to disclose the source code of an application that has root access and that it is not needed for anything, as it can easily be replaced by a simple script of 1 line of code...

You have all been warned...

You are just wrong, if you don't believe so then please, by all means, report this to the moderators here, if he's in violation(which he isn't), they will definitely take action. But, if you make your report and they don't do anything(which they won't because he has satisfied their GPL/source requirements) that will be everything you need to know that he is in the clear. Do you really believe that he would be allowed to keep his title as a XDA Recognized Contributor for as long as he has been one if he was in violation? You don't know what you are talking about and you don't know who you're complaining about.

He has everything right by the XDA rules, otherwise, this thread would have been closed long ago and the app would have been removed from XDA. The fact that it is still here after all this time is your first clue that he is correct. That is all you really need to know. Just leave it at that and go your merry way.

You obviously don't understand GPL or the XDA rules, you "think" you are right but you have the details all wrong.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
14th September 2019, 03:23 PM |#543  
I'm going to step in here in an effort to get things back on track...

If ANYONE feels a thread is in violation of forum rules, then report it and moderators will handle it.

If ANYONE is disrupting a thread, report the posts and do not reply to the offender. That, again, is a moderator's job.

I'll be subscribed here for a bit to ensure that things get back on topic.

Thanks!

Thanos
Senior Moderator
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Thanos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thanos Ad-Free
14th September 2019, 03:58 PM |#544  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos

I'm going to step in here in an effort to get things back on track...

If ANYONE feels a thread is in violation of forum rules, then report it and moderators will handle it.

If ANYONE is disrupting a thread, report the posts and do not reply to the offender. That, again, is a moderator's job.

I'll be subscribed here for a bit to ensure that things get back on topic.

Thanks!

Thanos

Senior Moderator

Agreed

The member didn't seem to be flaming the dev here or getting too out of hand with their posts. It didn't meet the criteria that I felt was worthy of reporting. The developer here is a colleague of mine, we have collaborated on this project in the past, so I felt the need to speak on his behalf and my own since I was involved in this project(not majorly, but still complicit), not XDA's. A dispute against this developer is a dispute against me "by proxy". I speak for myself, not others.

The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
14th September 2019, 04:06 PM |#545  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Agreed

The member didn't seem to be flaming the dev here or getting too out of hand with their posts. It didn't meet the criteria that I felt was worthy of reporting. The developer here is a colleague of mine, we have collaborated on this project in the past, so I felt the need to speak on his behalf and my own since I was involved in this project(not majorly, but still complicit), not XDA's. A dispute against this developer is a dispute against me "by proxy". I speak for myself, not others.

Understood and no worries. My post was just a general explanation for all members regarding the disruption of threads.

Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thanos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thanos Ad-Free
15th September 2019, 12:42 AM |#546  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
A Very Special Thanks to @jrkruse, @Droidriven & @Thanos for providing the much needed clarification that I was having a challenge in getting through to that member. Especially the Moderator Intervention that was appropriately necessary by Thanos!

My activity on XDA (recently) has been a bit lower than normal but, I still find the time to provide various Contributions on the forum as well as some app updates within a few threads.

I've actually been working on a bunch of developments I've been falling behind on that's been released here, unreleased as well as some other projects like the Open Shell Software (I'm currently in a developmental team of 4 within Github).

Anyways, it's GREAT to have support here while I'm away. Thank you all so much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX2 Forum App on my Sanyo Juno device.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
17th September 2019, 07:24 PM |#547  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
Big update for The SELinux Switch App!

I had finally gotten a few items figured out that I was previously having some issues with.

Just to highlight a few items from the Changelog...

A much faster launching of the app when the device boots up. I don't believe that, at this point in time, I can improve upon the boot-to-launching speed much better than this (I'm sure this may be different as time goes on with the Android 10 and later releases).

I was also able to expand the app's compatibility with a minimum API level of 5 (Android 2.0) while improving upon its maximum API level of 29 (Android 10).

The Android 10 was only personally confirmed via a PC Software Emulator but, I can't test it on an actual android device myself yet as I don't have Android 10 on any of my devices.

Since Android 10 is fairly new, and available to only a handful of devices, this compatibility is still new and not much of a priority at this time.

More on the Changelog.

Just on a side note... Though, this is not really something that is necessary to do but, I can only encourage/suggest the clearing of the Data & Cache "BEFORE" updating the app. Then after updating the app, relaunch/open the app again, set your desired SELinux State and then reboot the device. This is in no way harmful to the device or app (weather or not you do this).

I hope this works out great for everyone and please enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX2 Forum App on my Sanyo Juno device.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
17th September 2019, 08:36 PM |#548  
Flag Maringá, PR
Thanks Meter: 537

Donate to Me
More
Thank you for the new update, Ibuprophen! You see, I'm running LOS 16.0 in a rather ancient Xperia ZL , for which SELinux implementation is claimed to be WIP.. With the previous version (7.1.1), Play Store always wanted me to uninstall it, accusing it to be harmful. Not anymore!
The Following User Says Thank You to casouzaj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift casouzaj Ad-Free
17th September 2019, 10:05 PM |#549  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casouzaj

Thank you for the new update, Ibuprophen!.........

Your very welcome!

Thank you very much for your feedback as it's very encouraging to see!

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
28th September 2019, 12:50 AM |#550  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
I just wanted to let you know that I've been a bit under the weather for the last few days and have been working very slowly on some updated UI layouts.

I've been wanting to do this for a while now and, after the last release, I decided to begin this little project.

Feeling a little better today...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
28th September 2019, 12:41 PM |#551  
Flag Payakumbuh
Thanks Meter: 16

More
For me this app doesn't start automatically at boot. Hence. I have to set it to "permissive"manually everytime I reboot. Itbs kindda annoying. I don't know why it doesn't start automatically.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
selinux, selinuxmodechanger, switch, toggle

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)