I just made an app to send any file via WhatsApp, Messenger, hike and what not!
* THE ONLY APP that allows you to send files via Messenger!
* Send uncompressed full quality images!
* Send .zip, .rar, .avi and all types of videos.
* Easy file retrieval.
It's back on Google Play finally!
Download from Google Play : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...an.sendanyfile
How to use:
Example - WhatsApp:
'Attach icon' -> 'Documents' -> 'Browse more docs' -> (side menu) Select 'SendAnyFile'
* Choose 'SendAnyFile' form the file chooser window (for choosing documents). (Drag from left)
* Choose your favourite file. Boom!
* That file will be listed as a .doc file.
* Choose it & send. That's it.
Example - Messenger: Select your file in any file manager → Share/Send → 'SendAnyFile' → Choose app → Messenger
* From your favourite file manager, 'Share' your file to 'SendAnyFile'.
* It'll process your file.
* Later, you can send the processed file to any app (WhatsApp, Messenger etc).
For WhatsApp & similar:
* Set 'SendAnyFile' as your default app for opening .doc files. (you can later choose your favourite office app to open actual .doc files!)
* Open the received file ( .saf ) with this app.
* That's it. The original file will be saved in /sdcard/SendAnyFile/Received/
Download the .zip file → Extract it (using SendAnyFile or any app that can extract zip) → your file!
How does it work:
* It renames the file to .doc and smartly retrieves the original file at the receiving end.
* It doesn't affect actual .doc files. You can later choose your favourite office app to open actual .doc files!
* Your file is zipped (actual zip, NOT RENAMED) and intelligently sent to Messenger! (Note: Messenger doesn't actually support file sharing at all! :P )
* Icon : http://uiconstock.com/
* TangoAgency's 'material-intro-screen' library : https://github.com/TangoAgency/material-intro-screen
This app is ad-supported.
Let me know your views and suggestions!
* Fixed Messenger support
* Bug fixes
* Clearer and easy-to-understand tutorial.