FORUMS

[APP] Shortcutter Quick Settings - The Ultimate Shortcut Toolbox! Android 7, 8 & 9!

28,846 posts
Thanks Meter: 45,880

Post Reply Email Thread
14th February 2019, 03:42 PM |#1661  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Unfortunately show touches option doesn't work. It always says that the system permission is not granted, while it is. I tried disabling the system permission and enabling it again, but no luck. Please help. BTW thanks for the awesome app.
14th February 2019, 04:49 PM |#1662  
Thanks Meter: 303

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnveeAtlas

Hello! I've been using this app for some time now and it's one of my favorites. One thing I'm trying to setup though is either a home screen shortcut or QS tile to toggle the Accessibility -> Magnification setting on and off. The closest I've found is just making a shortcut to the general Accessibility settings. Specifically I want a toggle for turning on/off magnification triple-tap but I'm assuming part of that is device specific which is why it's not included. Having the service on slows down all tap inputs as it waits for the triple-tap, but I use it pretty frequently in some apps so having a quick way to turn it on would be amazing. Any tips?

I don't use this app, but it is possible to toggle magnification on and off, or just turn on, turn off, and you need to be rooted. Works on Marshmallow, and Pie.

I have the Macrodroid app. It has a setting to call another app called Secure Settings. I created a shortcut under Macrodroid to call the toggle display magnification option of Secure Settings.

I can call this Macrodroid shortcut in my apps that are similar to Shortcutter. I can use a gesture too if I wanted.

In Macrodroid, you can create conditions too, like which apps you want magnification off. When the app is not in the foreground, you can set it up so magnification turns back on. I do this more often with auto-rotate, which is mostly off to help save battery, and only on for certain apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to hyborian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hyborian Ad-Free
14th February 2019, 08:32 PM |#1663  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Newton Aycliffe

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greight

Unfortunately show touches option doesn't work. It always says that the system permission is not granted, while it is. I tried disabling the system permission and enabling it again, but no luck. Please help. BTW thanks for the awesome app.

Quite bizzare, I will try and take another look at it as soon as I can
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeeDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2019, 08:33 PM |#1664  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Newton Aycliffe

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyborian

I don't use this app, but it is possible to toggle magnification on and off, or just turn on, turn off, and you need to be rooted. Works on Marshmallow, and Pie.

I have the Macrodroid app. It has a setting to call another app called Secure Settings. I created a shortcut under Macrodroid to call the toggle display magnification option of Secure Settings.

I can call this Macrodroid shortcut in my apps that are similar to Shortcutter. I can use a gesture too if I wanted.

In Macrodroid, you can create conditions too, like which apps you want magnification off. When the app is not in the foreground, you can set it up so magnification turns back on. I do this more often with auto-rotate, which is mostly off to help save battery, and only on for certain apps.

The accessibility settings are a pain to access through code, still being looked into though, I have been pretty tight on time lateley
The Following User Says Thank You to LeeDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2019, 02:06 AM |#1665  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Any idea why the floating calculator is stuck floating whether the option is on or off? I ha not decided to pay for shortxutter yet since getting back into Android and the icon 2obt go away unless turning over overlay per issions. Everything else seems fine though. Only since Pie hey for SOME maybe when I do my new version factory reset 3ceryrhinf will play ball again. Very annoying though can't try out some of the fun new things and makes me not want to upgrade.
16th February 2019, 08:53 AM |#1666  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Newton Aycliffe

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsomnia

Any idea why the floating calculator is stuck floating whether the option is on or off? I ha not decided to pay for shortxutter yet since getting back into Android and the icon 2obt go away unless turning over overlay per issions. Everything else seems fine though. Only since Pie hey for SOME maybe when I do my new version factory reset 3ceryrhinf will play ball again. Very annoying though can't try out some of the fun new things and makes me not want to upgrade.

Floating calc should completely be disabled when toggled off... Try long pressing the minimise button in the bottom left.

I don't have pie yet so it's frustrating debugging it
16th February 2019, 09:12 AM |#1667  
Flag Warrington
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjat

Hi @LeeDroid
I have a bug to report in Shortcutter Premium.
I am using Oneplus 5 running Oxygen OS Oreo 8.1 with root.
My mobile data cycle refreshes on 3rd of every month.
I have set this in Shortcutter - Settings - Data Usage Cycle - Reset on the 3 day of each month.
Today (3rd) morning my pull down information tile 'Data Usage' is still showing the data used from last month (1.27 GB) even though the system settings show data use to be 71kb
I have rebooted and have even cleared cache-dalvik/art a few times
I think this is because the Shortcutter app data usage cycle refreshes at 12 in the afternoon rather than 12 at midnight.
I will update the findings in the afternoon to and hopefully provide more information.
UPDATE at 14:30 - still showing last months usage.
Will update post when the tile refreshes to show current month usage.
Cheers

Hi Lee. Good to see you back. Have you managed to look at this quoted post.
Also : can you please look at the possibility of introducing 'sync all' tile? Thanks and Regards
16th February 2019, 12:06 PM |#1668  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Newton Aycliffe

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjat

Hi Lee. Good to see you back. Have you managed to look at this quoted post.
Also : can you please look at the possibility of introducing 'sync all' tile? Thanks and Regards

Yes mate but sync is a total pain in the ass, need to look into creating an account picker first
16th February 2019, 06:24 PM |#1669  

More
We
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeDroid

Floating calc should completely be disabled when toggled off... Try long pressing the minimise button in the bottom left.

I don't have pie yet so it's frustrating debugging it

Gah. This is relearning Android after leaving a Moto G LTE....? (surnia) behind last year: it finally died after I had a stroke falling down the stairs with it smashing the screen top tenth clean off almost a straight line making the drop down menu hard to open it's got two SIM cards stuck in it and the SD card slot was pryed broken with a micro screwdriver and then after the brain surgery dropping it into water twice and it just died last month almost two years later.

S9 Lots of little issues with relearning the OS after.... CyanogenMod was a thing icr cream cake maybe was just about to come out? Something cake? And all stock no clean root options and flavors.

Thank you now I can set it up properly and decide if I should support ya thank you sir learning something big on a phone that can't be rooted anytime soon.

I got a lot more reading to do other than the first few and last pages of this thread just somethings I've noticed that make it basically unusable on Pie which is all I can run St the moment on my Canadian S9 gotta do a factory reset soon anyways then we'll see what can be done or not I know this app is developed for Oreo or so.

Last edit: this permission (I believe I captured the right one) makes the red screen night filter thing occurre permanetly I tried toggling all settings and doing a hard reinstall deleting all files on the phone that I could find with the shortcutter tag after uninstalling and then try fresh only to get to the permissions part on Pie. Not gonna mess around too much at the moment I got some other devices to refigure out then this SO to reformat and do over right I'll have to put it on my list as I regain brain function set

I gotta remember to add a short signature now that I can make my way around the XDA app on mobile
The Following User Says Thank You to Nsomnia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nsomnia Ad-Free
26th February 2019, 09:06 PM |#1670  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Newton Aycliffe

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsomnia

We

Gah. This is relearning Android after leaving a Moto G LTE....? (surnia) behind last year: it finally died after I had a stroke falling down the stairs with it smashing the screen top tenth clean off almost a straight line making the drop down menu hard to open it's got two SIM cards stuck in it and the SD card slot was pryed broken with a micro screwdriver and then after the brain surgery dropping it into water twice and it just died last month almost two years later.

S9 Lots of little issues with relearning the OS after.... CyanogenMod was a thing icr cream cake maybe was just about to come out? Something cake? And all stock no clean root options and flavors.

Thank you now I can set it up properly and decide if I should support ya thank you sir learning something big on a phone that can't be rooted anytime soon.

I got a lot more reading to do other than the first few and last pages of this thread just somethings I've noticed that make it basically unusable on Pie which is all I can run St the moment on my Canadian S9 gotta do a factory reset soon anyways then we'll see what can be done or not I know this app is developed for Oreo or so.

Last edit: this permission (I believe I captured the right one) makes the red screen night filter thing occurre permanetly I tried toggling all settings and doing a hard reinstall deleting all files on the phone that I could find with the shortcutter tag after uninstalling and then try fresh only to get to the permissions part on Pie. Not gonna mess around too much at the moment I got some other devices to refigure out then this SO to reformat and do over right I'll have to put it on my list as I regain brain function set

I gotta remember to add a short signature now that I can make my way around the XDA app on mobile

This post has really confused me lol.

You can toggle screen filter on and off by toggling it from the sidebar, Qs pull down or a launcher shortcut.
3rd March 2019, 10:15 AM |#1671  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeDroid

This post has really confused me lol.

You can toggle screen filter on and off by toggling it from the sidebar, Qs pull down or a launcher shortcut.

Had a big overall thread tipped but XDA crashed playing around. I got every annoyance out if the way and can atuslly it play with it and start to learn it. I am doing a fresh format after the pie release tonnorrow we'll see how that does. I can't believe u either didn't see the additional side bar options or they didn't work before who knows. I didn't wanna uninstall it for good and night have with the format in doing tonnorrow.

Now i just have to Google why instead of hidden nav buttons i have 3 grey lines which automatically di the button press they curoslond to. Remember i last had a rooted surnia device. I think Android lollipop or something CyanogenMod days.

Cheers i have more things to play with my fresh formatted so after i figure it this little button deal now. The red screen filter permanent was a deal breaker but nothing is anymore phew back to fun. Cheers! Hope Canadian snapdragon is rooted this spring i shouldn't have bought an s9 without doing research.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
customisation, nougat, qs tile, quick settings

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)