FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Shortcutter Quick Settings - The Ultimate Shortcut Toolbox! Android 7, 8 & 9!

28,789 posts
Thanks Meter: 45,789

Post Reply Email Thread
26th November 2019, 08:14 PM |#2121  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Is there a way to backup and restore settings? Thanks.

Sorry, just found the option on the home screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to DARKFiB3R For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DARKFiB3R Ad-Free
30th November 2019, 09:58 AM |#2122  
Thanks Meter: 216

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKFiB3R

Can we please get the ability to set custom favicons for website shortcuts?

While he is developing it, my workaround is to use Tasker to create a shortcut with the icon of my choice and load it into shortcutter as a custom tile. Like XDA and Pacland here in my screenshot, top row.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-11-30-16-51-58-999_com.leedroid.shortcutter.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	4890349  
30th November 2019, 10:42 AM |#2123  
Thanks Meter: 216

More
Leedroid, i just realized the Mobile data toggle does not work as intended on my dual Sim xiaomi phones. Nothing happens. In dual Sim phones, we select under settings which sim card will provide mobile data, in my case i selected sim card 2. Under my phones' Secure Settings (which i access through Tasker), Global, there are 3 entries - mobile_data, mobile_data0, mobile_data1. Since i use Sim Card 2 for Mobile Data, i created a Tasker task to toggle mobile_data1 to either 0 or 1, and this works. I then add the Task shortcut to Shortcutter.

Just food for thought, in case you want to add mobile data 0 and mobile data 1 to your list of tiles.

Same with Magnification toggle. It is under Secure Settings, Secure -accessibility_display_magnification_enabled.
Toggle to 1 or 0.
3rd December 2019, 10:24 AM |#2124  
Thanks Meter: 311

More
I use NetGuard as a firewall. It is a vpn and therefore only works as a firewall when the vpn is active.

When an android phone is rebooted, a vpn only becomes active when android loads it in the boot up sequence. So, when rebooting an android phone there is a brief period when a data leak is possible until the vpn is loaded. The way to avoid this brief potential for a leak is to shut off wifi and data access by putting the phone in airplane mode before the phone reboot is initiated and only restore them after the vpn is loaded after reboot.

That requires 'remembering' to put the phone into airplane mode before rebooting the phone. One easily forgets.

The shortcutter app has an excellent reboot menu which even includes airplane mode. It would be really cool if there was a way to automatically put the phone into airplane mode before rebooting whenever the reboot command is detected.

Is that possible to implement?
The Following User Says Thank You to maybeme2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maybeme2 Ad-Free
3rd December 2019, 06:42 PM |#2125  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello! I have only just discovered this app and it's pretty damn amazing, I am using it on a Huawei P30 Pro on a fresh EMUI 10 and it helps me take less steps to certain useful settings. I do have a few notes, all regarding shotcuts added in the notification panel with Settings Secure Access enabled:

1. I have a custom shortcut for the Battery section, mainly because I want quick access to the Performance and normal Power Saver modes - I've used the available shortcut for Power Saver mode but it doesn't seem to work - https://gofile.io/?c=9i4nlr
2. I noticed that between clicking the shortcut and accessing the corresponding section there is a slight delay of maybe 5 seconds - https://gofile.io/?c=UehRP2
3. I also used the Brightness Preset and Auto Brightness shortcuts and they work fine while the phone is unlocked, however their settings do not persist, after locking and unlocking the phone, the settings are back to their initial state, before clicking on the shortcuts.
4. I have tried to change the number of tiles in the collapsed view to 4 and it gets changed but the section cuts the tiles in half (see attached photo), so I reverted back to 5. Also, I noticed that the setting of 5 is applied only with the Reflow option enabled.

Perhaps all of the above are behaviours caused by Android 10 - I'm just guessing here, because I don't know how it behaves on Android 9.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191203_175514.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	4893131  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
customisation, nougat, qs tile, quick settings

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)