Originally Posted by tidrug
Hi @hyborian and @chooks06,
Thank you both for your inputs! I re-installed Tasker and started playing around and managed to create shortcuts exactly like how I wanted (used your template to make my own). Can paste here if you want to see it.
In a nutshell, it works, and I'm able to add custom brightness levels to a custom tile. However, I face 2 issues:
- 1It doesn't display the icon I've given it in Tasker
- After every toggle, the notification area goes away (unlike the Shortcutter "Brightness Preset" action tile which keeps the Notification area pulled down until you arrive at the setting you want to)
Would you have any ideas how to fix this?
Well that was just an idea. I don't use my brightness task in Shortcutter, I use it in a Gesture Control app where I just swipe up until I reach the brightness setting value I want (or if using Nova Launcher, it can be configured too)
I don't know why your icon is not showing, it does on mine.
* Some options:
- Easiest is to do it outside Shortcutter, as a Tasker shortcut in your home screen
- Have several tasks for each common brightness setting that you want and put in Shortcutter
- tweak the task to show a menu of choices, using the Menu action and scene. You'll have to figure it out, but it will enhance your learning of the powerful Tasker, so much things to do, even create your own quick settings tiles or your own Sidebar. I prefer Shortcutter Sidebar though, it's ready-made already and I just add tasks.
See example of a menu below, where I have Font Size icon in Shortcutter. When I press it shows me a menu of choices