FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Shortcutter Quick Settings - The Ultimate Shortcut Toolbox! Android 7, 8 & 9!

28,792 posts
Thanks Meter: 45,798

Post Reply Email Thread
24th December 2019, 03:18 PM |#2131  
Thanks Meter: 244

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidrug

Hey, thanks! This is really helpful! Does it require root access to work?

I don't think so, try it ... I have always been rooted.

But give tasker the adb permissions first

https://tasker.joaoapps.com/userguid...ing_grant.html

"Secure Settings Permission
First, the app finally adds the WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS permission to the Manifest. This isn’t necessarily a feature, but it opens up the ability to control device Secure/Global settings without needing an additional plug-in such as AutoTools or SecureTask.

Once you update Tasker, you can take advantage of this new permission by issuing the following command via ADB:

adb shell pm grant net.dinglisch.android.taskerm android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
Now, you can create actions that write to the Settings.Secure or Settings.Global tables on your device."

There are many settings that can be manipulated, but do it when you are more advanced ...
The Following User Says Thank You to hyborian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hyborian Ad-Free
24th December 2019, 03:21 PM |#2132  
Flag singapore
Thanks Meter: 327

More
Quote:

Hey, thanks! This is really helpful! Does it require root access to work?

There are some functions in Tasker that requires root but I understand from glancing through the Play Store info, the app does not require root in general. I don't use this app though.

Shortcutter can work without root but you need to grant certain permissions via ADB. Instructions can be found in the app home screen - manage permissions (if not rooted and permissions not yet given).

I have this installed on both rooted and non rooted devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to chooks06 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chooks06 Ad-Free
27th December 2019, 11:47 AM |#2133  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hi @LeeDroid
This thread is yet very long and I'm lost.

The app is fine

but is there yet implemented a shortcut for Settings>Developer Options>"Running services" and other for "Running processes in caché".

Now in the app it seems there are three options to go to Running services but they go to the same, "Installed apps"

Thanks
29th December 2019, 06:09 AM |#2134  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi @hyborian and @chooks06,

Thank you both for your inputs! I re-installed Tasker and started playing around and managed to create shortcuts exactly like how I wanted (used your template to make my own). Can paste here if you want to see it.

In a nutshell, it works, and I'm able to add custom brightness levels to a custom tile. However, I face 2 issues:
  1. 1It doesn't display the icon I've given it in Tasker
  2. After every toggle, the notification area goes away (unlike the Shortcutter "Brightness Preset" action tile which keeps the Notification area pulled down until you arrive at the setting you want to)

Would you have any ideas how to fix this?
29th December 2019, 10:51 AM |#2135  
Thanks Meter: 244

More
Quote:

Thank you both for your inputs! I re-installed Tasker and started playing around and managed to create shortcuts exactly like how I wanted (used your template to make my own). Can paste here if you want to see it.

In a nutshell, it works, and I'm able to add custom brightness levels to a custom tile. However, I face 2 issues:

1. 1It doesn't display the icon I've given it in Tasker
  2. After every toggle, the notification area goes away (unlike the Shortcutter "Brightness Preset" action tile which keeps the Notification area pulled down until you arrive at the setting you want to)

Well that was just an idea. I don't use my brightness task in Shortcutter, I use it in a Gesture Control app where I just swipe up until I reach the brightness setting value I want (or if using Nova Launcher, it can be configured too)

I don't know why your icon is not showing, it does on mine.

* Some options:

- Easiest is to do it outside Shortcutter, as a Tasker shortcut in your home screen
- Have several tasks for each common brightness setting that you want and put in Shortcutter
- tweak the task to show a menu of choices, using the Menu action and scene. You'll have to figure it out, but it will enhance your learning of the powerful Tasker, so much things to do, even create your own quick settings tiles or your own Sidebar. I prefer Shortcutter Sidebar though, it's ready-made already and I just add tasks.
See example of a menu below, where I have Font Size icon in Shortcutter. When I press it shows me a menu of choices
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-12-29-17-35-24-039_com.teslacoilsw.launcher.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	4913175   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-12-29-17-35-34-551_net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	4913177  
The Following User Says Thank You to hyborian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hyborian Ad-Free
29th December 2019, 03:34 PM |#2136  
Flag singapore
Thanks Meter: 327

More
Quote:

1It doesn't display the icon I've given it in Tasker
After every toggle, the notification area goes away (unlike the Shortcutter "Brightness Preset" action tile which keeps the Notification area pulled down until you arrive at the setting you want to)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyborian

Well that was just an idea. I don't use my brightness task in Shortcutter, I use it in a Gesture Control app where I just swipe up until I reach the brightness setting value I want (or if using Nova Launcher, it can be configured too)

I don't know why your icon is not showing, it does on mine.

* Some options:

- Easiest is to do it outside Shortcutter, as a Tasker shortcut in your home screen
- Have several tasks for each common brightness setting that you want and put in Shortcutter
- tweak the task to show a menu of choices, using the Menu action and scene. You'll have to figure it out, but it will enhance your learning of the powerful Tasker, so much things to do, even create your own quick settings tiles or your own Sidebar. I prefer Shortcutter Sidebar though, it's ready-made already and I just add tasks.
See example of a menu below, where I have Font Size icon in Shortcutter. When I press it shows me a menu of choices

I'm sorry to be of no further help.

I don't use Tasker myself.

Based on what @hyborian has input, that could be an option or (at least based on my understanding reading his input) a possible workaround.

I believe Tasker also has options to allow permissions via ADB (after I reread the info in Play store).

From my limited understanding of Tasker, I believe that it's pretty powerful.

Wishing you (and @hyborian and everyone else on this forum) a Great New Year with abundant blessings!

Cheers!
6th January 2020, 04:18 PM |#2137  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
First of all, happy new year everybody:

I have a question to ask about Shortcutter. This app needs permission to "show on top" other apps to work properly but if this permission is given I receive sometimes a notification warning of this permission. How can I avoid to receive this notification???

I have tried in the app settings to "block oreo notifications" but when this is done it is necessary to activate Shorcutter as a notification receptor . This gives Shorcutter permission to read all the received messages . Is it necessary to do this???

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
customisation, nougat, qs tile, quick settings

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)