[APP][ROOT] SIMEditor v1.2: change the phone # stored in your SIM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gnufabio

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2010
Milan
About Sim Editor
Sim Editor is a Xposed Module that allow you to change your SIM number. Please, notice that it doesn't change your phone's number, but the phone number saved in your SIM. This is usefull - for example - when you change your telephony provider and Android still shows the SIM's temporary number.

Who to use SIMEditor

• Download and Install Xposed Installer
  • Install the Xposed Framework through the Xposed Installer app.
  • Install SIMEditor.
  • Open Xposed Installer and enable SIMEditor module from Modules screen.
  • Re-open SIMEditor and change the displayed number clicking on the edit icon.
  • Reboot.

Other informations
After the reboot, neither Xposed installer nor Sim Editor is necessary. You can remove them, the changes are permanent!

Changelogs
Version 1.2
  • Since lot of users asked me to implement the +prefix number, I added this feature. If you wish to enter a prefix, check "Prefix" CheckBox in the input dialog and enter the prefix.
  • There is also a new "DONATE" button, in order to offer me a beer
  • Now supports Marshmallow, and it is compiled to work with the latest version of Xposed Framework (v80)
Version 1.2.2
  • Lot of bugfixes
Version 1.2.3
  • Removed useless permission and bugfixes with Android 6.0
  • Improved error-reporting mecchanism
  • General improvements

Download
You can download the app:
I suggest you to download it from the Play Store, so you can get the updates automatically.

Disclaimer
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE DEVELOPER AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE DEVELOPER BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Issues?
This app was tested on a rooted Moto G device, with Android Marshmallow and Xposed Framework v80. If you have any problem, please use the Issue page on BitBucket

Enjoyed?

Offer me a beer.

Credits
RootTools: https://code.google.com/p/roottools/ (Used under Apache license)
Xposed (Bridge, Framework and Installer): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574401

XDA:DevDB Information
SIMEditor, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
gnufabio
Source Code: https://bitbucket.org/gnufabio/com_gnufabio_simeditor/

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.2.4
Stable Release Date: 2016-06-01

Created 2016-03-26
Last Updated 2016-06-01

Attachments

• device-2016-03-27-221205.png
    device-2016-03-27-221205.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 2,001
  • device-2016-03-27-221219.png
    device-2016-03-27-221219.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,987
  • device-2016-03-27-221246.png
    device-2016-03-27-221246.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,971
Last edited:

gnufabio

Oct 25, 2010
Milan
Dear sir. Thanks for your fantastic mod!!
Is dual sim support possible?
I have an OPT and really need to change the second Sim number.. The first Sim number is OK
Thanks

Hi, as far as I know, AOSP 6.0 does not support Dual SIM. The problem is that, since this function is not coded by google, neither I have access to the source code of the system, nor there is any standard. So, untill Google implements Dual SIM, I can't support it.

You should try to run the application, it may change the number of SIM #1. If so, just swap the SIMs during the process. Else, you must do it on another (Single SIM) phone.

Hi, as far as I know, AOSP 6.0 does not support Dual SIM. The problem is that, since this function is not coded by google, neither I have access to the source code of the system, nor there is any standard. So, untill Google implements Dual SIM, I can't support it.

You should try to run the application, it may change the number of SIM #1. If so, just swap the SIMs during the process. Else, you must do it on another (Single SIM) phone.
I'm using CM13, and the source code is public :) And it does have support for dual sim..

F

floriantr

The SIMEditor doesn't work for me. I tried to change the sim number several times. Changes aren't applied. Any ideas? :rolleyes:

• Nexus 5X
  • Android 6.0.1, patch level March 2016 (build MHC19J)
  • Unlocked bootloader
  • TWRP Recovery
  • xposed-v80-sdk23-arm64
  • XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4

gnufabio

Oct 25, 2010
Milan
The SIMEditor doesn't work for me. I tried to change the sim number several times. Changes aren't applied. Any ideas? :rolleyes:

• Nexus 5X
  • Android 6.0.1, patch level March 2016 (build MHC19J)
  • Unlocked bootloader
  • TWRP Recovery
  • xposed-v80-sdk23-arm64
  • XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4
Is the module whitelisted in Xposed Installer? Can you post a logcat?

Reactions: Zak1997
F

floriantr

Is the module whitelisted in Xposed Installer? Can you post a logcat?

Yes, the module is whitelisted in xposed installer (checkbox enabled in xposed module list).

I found this with logcat:

Code:
03-27 16:35:27.345   907   907 W PackageManager: Not granting permission android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE to package com.gnufabio.simeditor because it was previously installed without
03-27 16:35:27.345   907   907 W PackageManager: Not granting permission android.permission.READ_SMS to package com.gnufabio.simeditor because it was previously installed without
03-27 16:35:27.346   907   907 W PackageManager: Not granting permission android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE to package com.gnufabio.simeditor because it was previously installed without

03-27 16:35:27.346   907   907 W PackageManager: Not granting permission android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE to package com.gnufabio.simeditor because it was previously installed without
03-27 16:35:29.877   907  3117 W PackageManager: Unknown permission android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER in package de.robv.android.xposed.installer

Is this issue related to SuperSU?

Last edited:

gnufabio

Oct 25, 2010
Milan
Yes, the module is whitelisted in xposed installer (checkbox enabled in xposed module list).

I found this with logcat:

Code:
03-27 16:35:27.345   907   907 W PackageManager: Not granting permission android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE to package com.gnufabio.simeditor because it was previously installed without
03-27 16:35:27.345   907   907 W PackageManager: Not granting permission android.permission.READ_SMS to package com.gnufabio.simeditor because it was previously installed without
03-27 16:35:27.346   907   907 W PackageManager: Not granting permission android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE to package com.gnufabio.simeditor because it was previously installed without

03-27 16:35:27.346   907   907 W PackageManager: Not granting permission android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE to package com.gnufabio.simeditor because it was previously installed without
03-27 16:35:29.877   907  3117 W PackageManager: Unknown permission android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER in package de.robv.android.xposed.installer

Is this issue related to SuperSU?

It seems that you didn't grant the necessary permissions to the app in a previous installation. Try to go to Settings -> Apps -> SIMEditor -> Permissions and check all the list. If it won't work, post the entire logcat (or send me a private message). Thanks

gnufabio

Oct 25, 2010
Milan
Update 1.2.1 released with some bugfixes for older Xposed Frameworks
UPDATE: Updated to version 1.2.2 to fix compatibility with Android 6.0.1 @floriantr

Last edited:

Kontex

Nov 29, 2013
Dual Sim Support would be nice. I tried it with an ZUK Z1. I switch off the second SIM. It shows the Number of the SIM that has to be changed correctly. I can enter an other number but it doesn't change it within the SIM card. Nothing seems to happen.

gnufabio

Oct 25, 2010
Milan
Dual Sim Support would be nice. I tried it with an ZUK Z1. I switch off the second SIM. It shows the Number of the SIM that has to be changed correctly. I can enter an other number but it doesn't change it within the SIM card. Nothing seems to happen.
I'm working on dual sim support, but it seems to be hard

What exactly does this do? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

It changes the phone number detected by the system

Reactions: JaviLerma

Kontex

Nov 29, 2013
I'm working on dual sim support, but it seems to be hard

If you are able to detect that the program runs on a dual sim phone a short warning maybe enough. For Zuk Z1 i can report: SIM in Slot 1 is working/changeing correctly. SIM in Slot 2 pretends to work, but doesn't change after restart. You have to swap the SIM to Slot 1 and after the number change you have to swap it back to Slot 2. - Anyway I couldn't get a working Mailbox by pressing "1" with this tool, too

gnufabio

Oct 25, 2010
Milan
So I can clone a SIM?

Sorry for the delay.
No, you can't "clone" a SIM. You just change the phone number detected by the device (this process is standalone, because SIM memory is overwritten) but your "real" phone number (the phone number assigned by the carrier to the SIM) won't be changed.

ilovemeow

Sep 18, 2006
Sorry for the delay.
No, you can't "clone" a SIM. You just change the phone number detected by the device (this process is standalone, because SIM memory is overwritten) but your "real" phone number (the phone number assigned by the carrier to the SIM) won't be changed.
hi, just tried for sim 1, it works great
wondering will the future version multi sim support? Thanks

SOLheel

Mar 6, 2015
This app worked to change my SIM card reporting an phone number that was set to the SIM before I purchased the SIM and had my number ported.
The provider tried to update it a few times over the network, and it worked. But if I switched the sim to a different phone or changed roms then the setting was lost.

Thank you so much :highfive::good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Sim Editor
    Sim Editor is a Xposed Module that allow you to change your SIM number. Please, notice that it doesn't change your phone's number, but the phone number saved in your SIM. This is usefull - for example - when you change your telephony provider and Android still shows the SIM's temporary number.

Who to use SIMEditor

• Download and Install Xposed Installer
    • Install the Xposed Framework through the Xposed Installer app.
    • Install SIMEditor.
    • Open Xposed Installer and enable SIMEditor module from Modules screen.
    • Re-open SIMEditor and change the displayed number clicking on the edit icon.
    • Reboot.

Other informations
    After the reboot, neither Xposed installer nor Sim Editor is necessary. You can remove them, the changes are permanent!

Changelogs
    Version 1.2
    • Since lot of users asked me to implement the +prefix number, I added this feature. If you wish to enter a prefix, check "Prefix" CheckBox in the input dialog and enter the prefix.
    • There is also a new "DONATE" button, in order to offer me a beer
    • Now supports Marshmallow, and it is compiled to work with the latest version of Xposed Framework (v80)
    Version 1.2.2
    • Lot of bugfixes
    Version 1.2.3
    • Removed useless permission and bugfixes with Android 6.0
    • Improved error-reporting mecchanism
    • General improvements

Download
    You can download the app:
    I suggest you to download it from the Play Store, so you can get the updates automatically.

Disclaimer
    THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE DEVELOPER AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE DEVELOPER BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Issues?
    This app was tested on a rooted Moto G device, with Android Marshmallow and Xposed Framework v80. If you have any problem, please use the Issue page on BitBucket

Enjoyed?

Offer me a beer.

Credits
    RootTools: https://code.google.com/p/roottools/ (Used under Apache license)
    Xposed (Bridge, Framework and Installer): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574401

XDA:DevDB Information
    SIMEditor, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    gnufabio
    Source Code: https://bitbucket.org/gnufabio/com_gnufabio_simeditor/

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.2.4
    Stable Release Date: 2016-06-01

Created 2016-03-26
    Last Updated 2016-06-01
    Version 1.2.3 is out with a lot of bugfixes and improvements. Check it out!
    Dear sir. Thanks for your fantastic mod!!
    Is dual sim support possible?
    I have an OPT and really need to change the second Sim number.. The first Sim number is OK
    Thanks

I'm using CM13, and the source code is public :) And it does have support for dual sim..

TelephonyManager works on default SIM. Btw I will investigate on this when I have more spare time. Thanks