I'm releasing my own modification of @OlegKrikun's simple2ext, focused specifically on providing CM11.0 support and addressing some concerns with filesystem corruption that occurred in previous versions.
Please keep the following in mind:
- You must use ext4 format for /sd-ext, or else you will probably experience data corruption.
- Linking Application Data (/data/data) is not recommended, as it can cause heavy lag - regardless of your SD card's class. This is due to SD cards having poor mixed IO (simultaneous read+write) performance.
- If the app doesn't function properly, look at the application log (third icon on the the bottom row) for more information on the problem.
- Enhancement: support for moving application libraries
- Enhancement: when re-assigning the dalvik-cache, copy the existing data instead of clobbering. Saves an unnecessary dexopt pass.
- Bug fix: make sure that the boot script doesn't execute fully if /sd-ext is already mounted. Will prevent issues when upgrading S2E.
- Rewrite boot script with more generic function to reduce complexity. The script will now ensure that the /sd-ext folder permissions always match the permissions of the corresponding source folders.
- Implemented support for CM11.0
- Removed filesystem tuning (tune2fs) in mount script, as it can cause filesystem corruption
- Removed prebuilt e2fsck binary - always use the system binary for maximum compatibility
- Removed "mount as ext4" option - the script now mounts /sd-ext as ext4 by default. This is the most stable configuration for CyanogenMod, and avoids user confusion.
- Minor enhancement - when the app needs to install the mount script, it will also execute the script. This avoids the need to reboot your phone after initial installation of S2E; the app will be immediately functional.
- Only tested on CyanogenMod 11. Will not work on older revisions, as I was forced to remove some compatibility code. I hope to solve that soon.