Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] simple2ext_mod for CyanogenMod 11

1,267 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,058

By psyke83, Inactive Recognized Developer on 6th August 2014, 11:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Current release: 3.0.3b [07/08/2014]

Hey folks,

I'm releasing my own modification of @OlegKrikun's simple2ext, focused specifically on providing CM11.0 support and addressing some concerns with filesystem corruption that occurred in previous versions.

Please keep the following in mind:
  • You must use ext4 format for /sd-ext, or else you will probably experience data corruption.
  • Linking Application Data (/data/data) is not recommended, as it can cause heavy lag - regardless of your SD card's class. This is due to SD cards having poor mixed IO (simultaneous read+write) performance.
  • If the app doesn't function properly, look at the application log (third icon on the the bottom row) for more information on the problem.

3.0.3b (07/08/2014):
  • Enhancement: support for moving application libraries
  • Enhancement: when re-assigning the dalvik-cache, copy the existing data instead of clobbering. Saves an unnecessary dexopt pass.
  • Bug fix: make sure that the boot script doesn't execute fully if /sd-ext is already mounted. Will prevent issues when upgrading S2E.
  • Rewrite boot script with more generic function to reduce complexity. The script will now ensure that the /sd-ext folder permissions always match the permissions of the corresponding source folders.

3.0.3a (06/08/2014):
  • Implemented support for CM11.0
  • Removed filesystem tuning (tune2fs) in mount script, as it can cause filesystem corruption
  • Removed prebuilt e2fsck binary - always use the system binary for maximum compatibility
  • Removed "mount as ext4" option - the script now mounts /sd-ext as ext4 by default. This is the most stable configuration for CyanogenMod, and avoids user confusion.
  • Minor enhancement - when the app needs to install the mount script, it will also execute the script. This avoids the need to reboot your phone after initial installation of S2E; the app will be immediately functional.
Caveats:
  • Only tested on CyanogenMod 11. Will not work on older revisions, as I was forced to remove some compatibility code. I hope to solve that soon.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/f5...mod-3.0.3b.apk
Source: https://github.com/psyke83/S2E
The Following 63 Users Say Thank You to psyke83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift psyke83 Ad-Free

6th August 2014, 11:25 PM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to psyke83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift psyke83 Ad-Free
7th August 2014, 12:31 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
I'll try it

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to noturbru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noturbru Ad-Free
7th August 2014, 01:09 AM |#4  
Flag Floridablanca
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Awesome
7th August 2014, 04:26 AM |#5  
Somewhere in the Philippines
Thanks Meter: 107

More
It's great. .BTW, are there any options not to move all system and framework app data and dalvik cache?. .I only want to move those for third party apps. .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-07-10-33-55.png
Views:	4502
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	2887410  
7th August 2014, 04:37 AM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhero

It's great. .BTW, are there any options not to move all system and framework app data and dalvik cache?. .I only want to move those for third party apps. .

No, it's not possible with S2E due to the implementation of the app/script (mounting entire folders as bind-mounts).

Generally speaking, I don't recommend to move /data/data, as it can cause a lot of lag. With everything but /data/data selected, my device is still reasonably smooth and the capacity needs for /data/data are not too limiting for me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psyke83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift psyke83 Ad-Free
7th August 2014, 06:46 AM |#7  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Awesome.. Thanks a lot. Just one thing, can you please add the option to link library files too? Because, this is my current configuration & space usage. (This is without Firefox or Facebook. I usually use both of them & they take about 30mb each in data)

Another thing, those readhead values & I/O shedulers are app default. (App changes these values without asking) Are these the optimal values & are they need to be changed in the first place?
7th August 2014, 07:51 AM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Yes, that will be added soon. I'm going to rewrite the script to make it more generic, which will make adding additional folders (such as app-library) easier to implement.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to psyke83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift psyke83 Ad-Free
7th August 2014, 11:37 AM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Version 3.0.3b released. Added support for moving of application libraries and some miscellaneous bugfixes/improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishkad

Awesome.. Thanks a lot. Just one thing, can you please add the option to link library files too? Because, this is my current configuration & space usage. (This is without Firefox or Facebook. I usually use both of them & they take about 30mb each in data)

Done!

Quote:

Another thing, those readhead values & I/O shedulers are app default. (App changes these values without asking) Are these the optimal values & are they need to be changed in the first place?

I would prefer not to add scheduler settings to this app. This is already configurable via Settings -> Performance -> I/O Scheduler.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to psyke83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift psyke83 Ad-Free
7th August 2014, 12:39 PM |#10  
Flag Semarang
Thanks Meter: 1

More
What differents this script with int2ext?

Sent from my Explorer A310e using xda premium
7th August 2014, 03:53 PM |#11  
Flag Jhelum, Punjab
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I'm getting this error while installing
Can't install problem parasing the package
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)