Thanks Meter: 82

More
It works as advertised now! Thank you!
9th April 2019, 07:51 AM |#12  
Editor in Chief
Thanks Meter: 1,985

More
Does this work when the screen is off?

Also, this is the first app I've seen that uses this API since we covered its existence nearly two years ago: https://www.xda-developers.com/andro...ey-long-press/

edit: just read the GitHub readme, it does say it works when screen is off..will have to test.
9th April 2019, 09:46 AM |#13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 70

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MishaalRahman

Does this work when the screen is off?

Also, this is the first app I've seen that uses this API since we covered its existence nearly two years ago: https://www.xda-developers.com/andro...ey-long-press/

edit: just read the GitHub readme, it does say it works when screen is off..will have to test.

Yeah it works with screen of as well!
Actually that post gave me the idea to create this app
The Following User Says Thank You to Cilenco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cilenco Ad-Free
10th April 2019, 01:48 PM |#14  
Flag Diyarbakır
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I confirm it works now! Xperia XZ1 on Android 9 stock. Working like a charm. This is the only real standalone solution for skipping tracks with volume buttoms while screen is off on android 8-9. Great work dev 👏👏👏
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falptekin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift falptekin Ad-Free
11th April 2019, 10:18 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
This is awesome! It works with every app I tried... except for Poweramp, which is my player of choice. This must be something on Poweramp's end though, since every other apps works as intended. What's weird is that Poweramp's beep seem to indicate that it's catching the next/previous commands, but won't skip tracks. Is there any specific configuration I should set on Poweramp for it to work?
11th April 2019, 10:34 PM |#16  
Flag Tirana
Thanks Meter: 47

More
does it work for Spotify?
11th April 2019, 10:45 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I didn't even know there was an API for this but I'm so glad for this app, works perfectly on stock rooted OOS 9.0.4, thank you for this app!!! Took a little fiddling but it worked after a few minutes
The Following User Says Thank You to supleed2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift supleed2 Ad-Free
11th April 2019, 11:24 PM |#18  
Flag Krakow
Thanks Meter: 6,020

Donate to Me
More
I am so glad someone created this. I have been waiting for a standalone version of something like this since Xposed mods are a thing. This is awesome. Thank you so much!
12th April 2019, 01:24 AM |#19  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 243

More
very nice, thanks for sharing this app👍
12th April 2019, 03:59 AM |#20  
Flag calgary
Thanks Meter: 140

Donate to Me
More
On an s10+ here, skip track works but volume will increase as if the button was being held. Ie. Once skipping to the next song, it will play at a much louder volume. Tested on Google play music and spotify.

UPDATE: disregard this, issue seemed to have fixed itself
12th April 2019, 05:21 AM |#21  
Flag Jersey City
Thanks Meter: 499

More
can you add a vibration to the long press
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to comptonhubbard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift comptonhubbard Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)