Do you find Facebook app uncomfortable?
Is it too heavy, too slow, too energy-consumptive or with too permissions?
I thought so, and since I don't use Facebook a lot, I wondered why I have to have their cumbersome app?
Obviously, I had tried Facebook Light but it was still too "intrusive" to my use.
For months I've only use the web version of Facebook using the browser but it was stressful because it usually opened a lot of tabs and it killed my battery.
I noticed that the web version of Facebook was complete and fast so I've thought:
"Why don't I create a very simply app that uses the web version of Facebook?"
Just made, anyone who has saw it want to download it so I've decided to upload it into the PlayStore and on Github to allow everyone to contribute.
In the first version of the app I've put only:
- go to the home;
- refresh the page;
- go on the top;
- open the actual page on the browser;
- open the app with facebook links;
- the external links are not opened in the app;
- nothing else.
Actually there are some interesting features:
- Photo and video upload for any android version;
- Scroll to refresh;
- Messages tab;
- Ultra fast share;
- Full screen video;
- Photo download;
- Use share button to pubblish post;
- Facebook links are opened with this app;
- CSS customization (black theme, fix the bar on top, more space between posts);
- Samsung popup;
Actually there aren't / TO-DO LIST:
- JSOUP support to apply customization faster;
- Direct share of photos;
- GIF into app;
- some widgets;
- things received from feedback.
I'm looking for a useful feedback!
Anyone can help me:
- To design new logo and play store banner (contact me);
- To translate the app (Use my webtool and send me the file );
- To share this app in other forums or sites (by referring to this, of course);
- To code this app on GITHUB (all the code is commented).
I'm open to collaboration!
Attenction: From 18 January SlimFacebook will be SlimSocial for Facebook to respect the Facebook Brand policy
FOLLOW SLIMSOCIAL ON FACEBOOK
see also SlimTwitter HERE
Don't forget the THANKS