FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][5.0+] Slimperience Browser 2.0 Beta (Coming soon...)

1,490 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,788

By SaschaHa, Senior Member on 16th May 2016, 04:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th January 2017, 10:30 AM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Its working now. Idk if you can call it a bug but when I pressed that close tab button with only 1 tab open, the app force closed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AviralOmar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AviralOmar Ad-Free
17th January 2017, 11:11 AM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 813

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviralOmar

Its working now. Idk if you can call it a bug but when I pressed that close tab button with only 1 tab open, the app force closed.

Here the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviralOmar

Log if you need it.

How do you take these logs? Is root required? What app?
17th January 2017, 12:31 PM |#1003  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 366

More
Hi, @SaschaHa! I really like your browser and I'm very impressed by your dedication. And as much as I like your bowser, there's something weird I've mentioned some time ago: the time the app takes to be "ready" to make a search. I've noticed that your browser loads something whenever you open it (which seems to be logic since it is a web browser ). But some browsers give you the possibility to load an "About:blank" page (or something similar), so that app loads nothing, but the app itself (Lightening browser and UltimateBrowserProject are two good open-source examples). With the possibility to use the address bar as a search bar, it makes no sense to load "www.google.com" as a home page for instance, if you can just type your search in the address bar and set "Google" as the browser default search engine. Is my idea clear enough? Would be possible to load just the app without actually loading any webpage? Anyway, I still consider your browser as one of the best!
17th January 2017, 03:56 PM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Zé Alguém

alogcat is the app you want. Search Google for instructions.
The Following User Says Thank You to AviralOmar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AviralOmar Ad-Free
17th January 2017, 04:13 PM |#1005  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLPose

Hi, @SaschaHa! I really like your browser and I'm very impressed by your dedication. And as much as I like your bowser, there's something weird I've mentioned some time ago: the time the app takes to be "ready" to make a search. I've noticed that your browser loads something whenever you open it (which seems to be logic since it is a web browser ). But some browsers give you the possibility to load an "About:blank" page (or something similar), so that app loads nothing, but the app itself (Lightening browser and UltimateBrowserProject are two good open-source examples). With the possibility to use the address bar as a search bar, it makes no sense to load "www.google.com" as a home page for instance, if you can just type your search in the address bar and set "Google" as the browser default search engine. Is my idea clear enough? Would be possible to load just the app without actually loading any webpage? Anyway, I still consider your browser as one of the best!

Thanks Yes it's a requested feature to create a start page, where last opened sites or bookmarks will be shown. It's not ready yet, but it's coming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Zé Alguém

Here the same.

I will fix it today. I recommend MatLog for logs
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uscubed.matlog
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaschaHa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SaschaHa Ad-Free
17th January 2017, 05:31 PM |#1006  

More
Ok, these logcat apps requires root for grabbing app-specific logs.
18th January 2017, 02:36 AM |#1007  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I see you mention that the Startpage IS COMING....and by all means...I dont want to confuse or add more work to an already hardworking developer, but could I come with a suggestion to check out the Startpage of the already mentioned Open source project: UltimateBrowserProject.
It has THE DEFINITELY BEST Startpages of any browser I've ever used...nicely design (fitting right in to YOUR browser), easily editable and used absolutly NO TIME TO LOAD. And the most important of all...with this kind of thumbnail overview of your pages, and for a person with 15-20-30 links on the startpage, it lets you find your desired link in seconds without even the need of reading the title. (Added an example screenshot)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-01-17-20-27-21.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	4007287   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-01-17-20-41-39.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	4007294  
18th January 2017, 03:22 AM |#1008  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by julio66

I see you mention that the Startpage IS COMING....and by all means...I dont want to confuse or add more work to an already hardworking developer, but could I come with a suggestion to check out the Startpage of the already mentioned Open source project: UltimateBrowserProject.
It has THE DEFINITELY BEST Startpages of any browser I've ever used...nicely design (fitting right in to YOUR browser), easily editable and used absolutly NO TIME TO LOAD. And the most important of all...with this kind of thumbnail overview of your pages, and for a person with 15-20-30 links on the startpage, it lets you find your desired link in seconds without even the need of reading the title. (Added an example screenshot)

Every suggestion is welcome I will do ly best to get a good solution
Today I've created the new AdBlocker. It works very well Now I'm searching for some more increasements, for example to block phishing etc.

4 All: Here is the current to do list:

1. Finalizing the AdBlocker. Will be done at the end of this day
2. Adding and finalizing the settings. There are some changes, which needs some modifications in different classes. I think, I can do this in the next 2 or 3 days.
3. Adding a new viewpager. I've found a very very good one, but it needs major changes to get it to work (as this app works with views and the new viewpager library only works with fragments and doesn't contain some needed features). It can take at least 2 days, but maybe some days more. Can't say that for sure.
4. a) Create an updater for the databases. I'm very new with SQLite, so I need some tests until it may work. I hope it should not take more than one evening.
4. b) To get categoric bookmarks, there will be a new database for the folders. It's easy to work with, but I need some testing for the cursors. For regular there is one cursor for one listview. Now there will be one for the folders and one for the entries of each folder. That's new to me too, but I'm looking forward to learn it now.
5. Adding new Intro and Credit activities. I've completely removed the libraries for them, because I want to use an own implementation instead. Should be done in even one more evening.
6. Adding the StartPage. I've a good concept for it, so I hope you will like it when it's done.

That's it. If I haven't forgot anything, there are only a few more minor things to do.
This weekend I'm traveling to a friend, so there is not much time for programming. But I do my best to finish the to do list as fast as possible. When done, I share the strings here for localizations

So best regards and have a nice week!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SaschaHa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SaschaHa Ad-Free
18th January 2017, 07:34 AM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
I notice SwiftKey flow (entering words by swiping instead of tapping) isn't working in the latest beta. Not sure if Swype is affected also. This seems only to apply to the address/search bar. On website text fields, flow / swiping works.

Is this a known issue already?
18th January 2017, 10:34 AM |#1010  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaleph

I notice SwiftKey flow (entering words by swiping instead of tapping) isn't working in the latest beta. Not sure if Swype is affected also. This seems only to apply to the address/search bar. On website text fields, flow / swiping works.

It happens here too. Both predictions and flow don't work in address bar.

And while talking about keyboard, I think keyboard should be closed when a side panel is open, but it's not happening.
18th January 2017, 11:23 AM |#1011  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaleph

Thanks, no it's an unknown issue until now. I will try to fix it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)