FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][5.0+] Slimperience Browser 2.0 Beta (Coming soon...)

1,490 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,788
 
By SaschaHa, Senior Member on 16th May 2016, 04:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th July 2016, 05:42 AM |#501  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 155
 
More
@SaschaHa
Thank you. Set start page works, my fault.

Tab closing:
This is not easy and fast enough - from my point of view. One of the most used actions. Most browsers offer an method more comfortable, eg:
- 1 tap on the tab head
- 1 gesture/swipe

Would be fine getting one of this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tatsch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tatsch Ad-Free
29th July 2016, 09:00 AM |#502  
Oswald Boelcke's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA!
Thanks Meter: 7,417
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaschaHa

...
Until now I don't know something about Orbot, so I need to learn something about it. So maybe yes is some weeks
...

Just for your information: Orbot is a project of the Guardian Project: https://guardianproject.info/apps/orbot/.
They advertise the Orfox browser for private web surfing, but I'd rather use your great application. I'm well aware that implementation might take weeks or won't be possible at all, which wouldn't definitely prevent me for further use of Slimperience; just wanted to at least raise the request.
29th July 2016, 12:32 PM |#503  
mjoha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Really nice browser, I have a few question, is it impossible to make a setting that I come to bookmarks first, now I need to swype then I come to quick panel then I need to tap on bookmarks I want swype to come bookmarks Immediately. And I wold like to sort bookmarks and put them in diffrent maps. Then I want auto hide url bar and it should be visible when I scroll

Skickat från min PLK-L01 via Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoha

Really nice browser, I have a few question, is it impossible to make a setting that I come to bookmarks first, now I need to swype then I come to quick panel then I need to tap on bookmarks I want swype to come to bookmarks Immediately. And I wold like to sort bookmarks and put them in diffrent maps. Then I want auto hide url bar and it should be visible when I scroll

Skickat från min PLK-L01 via Tapatalk



Skickat från min PLK-L01 via Tapatalk
29th July 2016, 01:12 PM |#504  
umeshxda's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 188
 
More
I would like ti make feature request
1. Stop loading button
2. Data saving if possible
3. Fit to the page feature
4. Mobile agent
5. Startup page
6. Offiline save
Thanks for the best browser ever
The Following User Says Thank You to umeshxda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift umeshxda Ad-Free
29th July 2016, 02:33 PM |#505  
SaschaHa's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,788
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoha

Really nice browser, I have a few question, is it impossible to make a setting that I come to bookmarks first, now I need to swype then I come to quick panel then I need to tap on bookmarks I want swype to come bookmarks Immediately. And I wold like to sort bookmarks and put them in diffrent maps. Then I want auto hide url bar and it should be visible when I scroll

The navigation drawer is work in progess. My idea is to set the bookmarks to the left side of the drawer, but I need another placement for settings and other things. That's why I haven't changed it yet, but it will be definitely changed with the time. Auto hide of the toolbar is a feature which needs major changes on the WebView. The WebView by default doesn't support resizing, so it can't be fit wth the changing screen dimensions. What I can do is to set it to a fixed size (the full size of the screen), but this will break some menus or notifications of websites. In my test build I had a lot of different implementations, but non of them worked good enough for me. Google Chrome does a great job regarding this, but they use an own implementation of a huge modified Chromium engine (instead of the webview). I need some more testing before I can add auto hide toolbar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootLord

I would like ti make feature request
1. Stop loading button
2. Data saving if possible
3. Fit to the page feature
4. Mobile agent
5. Startup page
6. Offiline save
Thanks for the best browser ever

1. I will add one soon
2. Only possible when deactivating pictures, otherwise it would need data compression which is not possible (only if Google gives us an api for it's servers, and of course they will not do it )
3. What do you mean with this?
4. The browser agent already is mobile...
5. Coming soon (with the next major release)
6. I've tried some code for this, but need a little more optimizating. But will come

Quote:
Originally Posted by noc.jfcbs

Just for your information: Orbot is a project of the Guardian Project: https://guardianproject.info/apps/orbot/.
They advertise the Orfox browser for private web surfing, but I'd rather use your great application. I'm well aware that implementation might take weeks or won't be possible at all, which wouldn't definitely prevent me for further use of Slimperience; just wanted to at least raise the request.

Thanks, I will have a look at it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaschaHa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SaschaHa Ad-Free
29th July 2016, 03:44 PM |#506  
mjoha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaschaHa

The navigation drawer is work in progess. My idea is to set the bookmarks to the left side of the drawer, but I need another placement for settings and other things. That's why I haven't changed it yet, but it will be definitely changed with the time. Auto hide of the toolbar is a feature which needs major changes on the WebView. The WebView by default doesn't support resizing, so it can't be fit wth the changing screen dimensions. What I can do is to set it to a fixed size (the full size of the screen), but this will break some menus or notifications of websites. In my test build I had a lot of different implementations, but non of them worked good enough for me. Google Chrome does a great job regarding this, but they use an own implementation of a huge modified Chromium engine (instead of the webview). I need some more testing before I can add auto hide toolbar.


1. I will add one soon
2. Only possible when deactivating pictures, otherwise it would need data compression which is not possible (only if Google gives us an api for it's servers, and of course they will not do it )
3. What do you mean with this?
4. The browser agent already is mobile...
5. Coming soon (with the next major release)
6. I've tried some code for this, but need a little more optimizating. But will come


Thanks, I will have a look at it

Thank's for your fast support, the place of the bookmark is good but you skould come to it with one swype now you need two swype, I use bookmark more then quick setting's menu so I would like to have it first, I use lightning browser for many year and that one have same as your browser but without quick setting menu when you swype

Skickat från min PLK-L01 via Tapatalk
29th July 2016, 07:27 PM |#507  
SaschaHa's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,788
 
More
New (minor) update

Update 1.2.3 (29-07-2016)

Quote:

+ increased the new theme engine and fixed some bugs
+ press and hold the floating action button will now open the adress bar to enter a new url

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SaschaHa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SaschaHa Ad-Free
30th July 2016, 08:52 AM |#508  
L-ViZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hessia
Thanks Meter: 239
 
More
hey sascha, i got a little suggestion for you that might fit into the slimperience-experience

i thought it might be nice to have swipe areas.

for example for:

-bookmarks
-quickpanel
-whatever u want to implement

it would be faster than just having one swipe for the panel and after it another swipe to the bookmarks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	swipe.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	3828161
30th July 2016, 10:40 AM |#509  
vrwmiaris1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 299
 
More
With last update, still i can't download anything and app crashes.log though play store

Στάλθηκε από το Turbo powered G2 D802 μου
30th July 2016, 02:22 PM |#510  
SaschaHa's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,788
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrwmiaris1

With last update, still i can't download anything and app crashes.log though play store

Στάλθηκε από το Turbo powered G2 D802 μου

Thanks, I will have a look at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-ViZ

hey sascha, i got a little suggestion for you that might fit into the slimperience-experience

i thought it might be nice to have swipe areas.

for example for:

-bookmarks
-quickpanel
-whatever u want to implement

it would be faster than just having one swipe for the panel and after it another swipe to the bookmarks.

Attachment 3828161

Thanks! I had exactly the same idea some weeks ago, but I forgot to implement it over the time I will work on it

Yesterday I started to recreate the whole app. My wish is to make it a lot faster on start, because this is one of the most annoying issues yet.
And currently my code is too complex. I have more than 120 files, but the browser activity still consists of thousands of lines. And that' why the start takes too much time.
I will now work on increasing performance and sort the whole code. I will decrease the size of each tab, so the ram consumption might be less than before when a lot of tabs are open. Cjrrently it's a theory, we will see if it works

While recreating I can also reduce the size of the app even more and maybe I can add a better handling for the views. I think, in a few weeks the app should feel out of beta
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SaschaHa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SaschaHa Ad-Free
30th July 2016, 06:41 PM |#511  
CLPose's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 364
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaschaHa

Thanks, I will have a look at it.

Thanks! I had exactly the same idea some weeks ago, but I forgot to implement it over the time I will work on it

Yesterday I started to recreate the whole app. My wish is to make it a lot faster on start, because this is one of the most annoying issues yet.
And currently my code is too complex. I have more than 120 files, but the browser activity still consists of thousands of lines. And that' why the start takes too much time.
I will now work on increasing performance and sort the whole code. I will decrease the size of each tab, so the ram consumption might be less than before when a lot of tabs are open. Cjrrently it's a theory, we will see if it works

While recreating I can also reduce the size of the app even more and maybe I can add a better handling for the views. I think, in a few weeks the app should feel out of beta

Great to know you want to speed up its start up! Thanks for your hard work!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes