Basically, 3D Creator lets you create 3D models with Sony's superb scanning tech: Introduction Video
Everything is explained on 3D Creator's official YouTube channel.
This app also includes a Live Wallpaper that you can setup to show any 3D model in your collection, which can then be rotated on your home screen.
BONUS: While you're in the app, go to Settings and tap "Software version" a few times to unlock "Developer settings".
Your device is compatible only if...
1) It supports Camera2 API (passes the Manual Camera Compatibility test)
NOTE: If your device does not support Camera2 API, when starting the tutorial, the app will hang on loading the camera.
2) It has an Adreno 420/430/530/540 GPU (Generally speaking, Snapdragon 8XX SoC)
Your ROM is compatible only if...
1) It is at least Android Marshmallow (1.0.A.0.76) or at least Android Nougat (1.0.A.1.10-1.0.A.2.0) or at least Android Oreo (1.0.A.2.12 and newer).
2) It is rooted (it has to be a system app for most users).
3) It is an Xperia ROM, or "Sony Apps Enabler" was flashed to your ROM.
4) It is OpenCL-enabled (check with OpenCL-Z)
NOTE: Google disabled OpenCL on their Nexus devices on stock ROM since Android 4.4.4.
5) It is not AOSP-based.
NOTE: An AOSP-based ROM will ignore 3D Creator's 32-bit libs, which makes the app crash.
Download it from APKMirror:
Confirmed supported devices*:
Xperia XZ1 Compact (Snapdragon 835)
Xperia XZ1 (Snapdragon 835)
Xperia XZ Premium (Snapdragon 835)
Xperia XZ (Snapdragon 820)
Xperia Z5 Premium (Snapdragon 810)
Xperia Z5 Compact (Snapdragon 810)
Xperia Z5 (Snapdragon 810)
HTC U11 (Snapdragon 835)
HTC 10 (Snapdragon 820)
Motorola Moto Z2 Force (Snapdragon 835)
OnePlus 3T (Snapdragon 821)
OnePlus 2 (Snapdragon 810)
Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Snapdragon 835)
Samsung Galaxy S8 (Snapdragon 835)
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Snapdragon 805)
Xiaomi Mi 6 (Snapdragon 835)
Xiaomi Mi 5s (Snapdragon 821)
Xiaomi Mi 5 (Snapdragon 820) (Camera HAL3 enabled)
Confirmed unsupported devices*:
Xperia X (Snapdragon 650)
Xperia X Compact (Snapdragon 650)
Xperia XA Ultra (Mediatek MT6755 Helio P10)
Motorola Moto Z Play (Snapdragon 625)
Samsung Galaxy S8 (Exynos 8895)
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Exynos 8890)
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Snapdragon 625)
* All of the mentioned devices are running at least Android Marshmallow and support Camera2 API (fully or partially).
Share your 3D models here!