FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][Mod] Soundcloud/ compatible with viper4android (9.15.17)

3,295 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,899

By ssojyeti2, Senior Member on 13th February 2017, 04:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey people, I hacked Soundcloud to work with Viper4Android.
Since Soundcloud uses its own built-in media player, V4A could not process its music. I fixed that!

I plan on updating this thread for every new stable release. Don't ask me to mod the beta versions. Enjoy

Version: 2017.05.30-release

Easy Method (not recommended)
Use this modded soundcloud apk. Profit.
Warning: Offline playback does not process with V4A with this apk. I'm trying to fix this
Warning 2: If you use this method, streaming cache gets broken in Soundcloud. Which is why I recommend scrolling down just a tad more

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................
Since for some reason I only took one post when I made this thread, let's just act like post #2 starts here

Alternate (BETTER) Method

Soundcloud V4A processing can be fixed by modifying /system/ect/audio_policy.conf (HUGE thanks to @DKnightX91 for the tip)
Open your audio_policy.conf (each device's file is different, so for now there's no one fix all) and remove these lines:
Code:
low_latency { 
AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_EARPIECE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADPHONE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_SCO|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_AUX_DIGITAL 
flags AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_FAST }
*lines may vary based on device. Just remove everything between the 'low_latency' brackets
Then, you can use regular Soundcloud from the play store with V4A. I still recommend using my special modded apk
Hint: if you're a Soundcloud Go subscriber, don't worry about using the special version

Edit: Newer roms don't seem to use the audio_policy.conf, so if you're unable to locate that file, I inquire that you refer to this post. It seems that deep_buffer causes issues with V4A and removing it properly can fix it.
The Following 78 Users Say Thank You to ssojyeti2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ssojyeti2 Ad-Free

14th February 2017, 12:01 PM |#2  
Flag Colchester
Thanks Meter: 1,334

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for this, I don't really use Soundcloud but now this is here I might have to in the future
The Following User Says Thank You to DEVILOPS 007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DEVILOPS 007 Ad-Free
15th February 2017, 02:12 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
thanks for this, thread subscribed =) been wanting this for a while now
The Following User Says Thank You to hjjiang For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hjjiang Ad-Free
15th February 2017, 02:36 PM |#4  
Flag Kassel
Thanks Meter: 23

More
I have found a version of V4A 2.5.0.5 by guitardedhero which somehow works for me with default soundcloud.

Even on Nougat.

Tested it on bacon and hammerhead both same result
The Following User Says Thank You to henrikh1998 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift henrikh1998 Ad-Free
15th February 2017, 02:48 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 954

More
Awesome, tested here with my RR 5.7.4 and it worked like a charm, thank you

I use soundcloud too much. And will use even more now!
15th February 2017, 03:55 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
U are my hero :P I tried to get soundcloud to work with v4a for ages as i use it a lot (probably like the one above me xD)
15th February 2017, 04:05 PM |#7  
Flag France
Thanks Meter: 578

Donate to Me
More
Nice! Really nice! Just gonna try if navbar equalizer module works with it
15th February 2017, 04:41 PM |#8  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Holy Crap, it works!!! Thank you soo much mate
15th February 2017, 04:45 PM |#9  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 1,055

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrikh1998

I have found a version of V4A 2.5.0.4 by guitardedhero which somehow works for me with default soundcloud.

Even on Nougat.

Same here, on op3 AOSiP.

While v4a does not work with any music app except oneplus music on Oxygen (based) op3 roms. Maybe this helps in that scenario.
15th February 2017, 07:18 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
On HTC 10 viper 5.4 all ok thank you
15th February 2017, 11:53 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 2,899

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrikh1998

I have found a version of V4A 2.5.0.4 by guitardedhero which somehow works for me with default soundcloud.

Even on Nougat.

Link? I'd love to try it out. Would've spared me some time hahaha
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)