Get the OnePlus 6 early at a pop-up event in your city →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][Android 5.0+][SBS VR Browser] surf the web in VR! with NOMone VR Browser

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By noha.ibraheem, Junior Member on 22nd May 2017, 10:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from noha.ibraheem: New Gyro-based pointer, Bookmarks and more ;)
Hello everyone ,

I want to share with you this new android VR browser : NOMone VR Browser

It is a side-by-side android browser that enables you to surf the normal internet pages/content while wearing vr glasses. You can use it also for online streaming, reading manga, watching your favorite videos as if your in a cinema! or even working anywhere without laptop/desktop (just your mobile, keyboard and mouse!).

For devices with Gyro sensor, you don't even need the keyboard and mouse. Just slightly move your head( like gaze based apps), put on your earphones and use its button for clicking/ dragging.

The browser is still undergoing heavy development (like making compatible VR keyboard in the next release isA, theater mode for 360 videos and other cools features ), but it's perfectly usable now.

Let me sum up the main current features:
=================================
  • Gyroscope based pointer. Move your head and use your earphones/handsfree/controller media button to click. You can perform continuous scrolling by dragging to the top/bottom of the screen. You can also use other configurations (like a USB keyboard/mouse using OTG cable, or a wireless keyboard and mouse combo, or bluetooth keyboard/mouse).
  • From the options menu, use the calibration settings to get the ideal configuration for your cardboard or VR glasses for optimum VR/3D experience.
  • Bookmarks. Before putting your phone into the cardboard, open all the links you need and add them to bookmarks. This way you won't have to remove it to type url. Do this until the VR keyboard is ready (in next release if Allah wills).
  • If you have a small screen, try decreasing the browser scale (in calibration settings) to show more content in the same area.
  • A basic ad pop up blocking is in place to give you less hassle while browsing.
  • If you have a bluetooth VR controller, use the mouse mode (press "Fn + D"). You can drag continuously by holding left click down and using the analogue stick.
  • Opening local video files (From the gallery/file manager. Android 5.0 & 5.1 only. will work on all 5.0+ in next release isA).
  • Keyboard shortcuts (ctrl+tab, ctrl+shift+tab, ctrl+t, ctrl+shift+t, ctrl+w, ctrl+r, esc).
  • Install X11VNC and connect to your remote machine using NOVNC.
  • Install a local server, like Palapa Web-server and install your tools. Now, control everything from the browser.

Known Issues:
  • The normal soft-keyboard is not fit for VR browsing.
  • Can't use the gyroscope cursor to type.

Coming up next:
  • VR keyboard.
  • Theater mode (for 360 degree immersion and more video formats support).
  • Save/Load tabs from last times.
  • Most frequently visited launch screen.
  • Lens correction.
  • Mixed reality mode (have the browser in front of you, but see the camera feed when looking to the sides).
Kindly try the application and tell me what you think

XDA:DevDB Information
NOMone VR Browser, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
noha.ibraheem, raslanove
Source Code: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rbrowser&hl=en

Version Information

Created 2017-05-22
Last Updated 2017-05-22
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to noha.ibraheem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noha.ibraheem Ad-Free

25th May 2017, 12:45 AM |#2  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 190

More
Tried on S7 edge and it's awesome
Btw, I'm an Egyptian too... It's finally finding Egyptians here
The Following User Says Thank You to modaifallah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift modaifallah Ad-Free
25th May 2017, 12:28 PM |#3  
Conneaut, OH
Thanks Meter: 217

More
I'll take a look later today after I get off work.
The Following User Says Thank You to dirtsky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dirtsky Ad-Free
25th May 2017, 01:54 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Giza

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by modaifallah

Tried on S7 edge and it's awesome
Btw, I'm an Egyptian too... It's finally finding Egyptians here

Great! I'm glad it worked well for you
Since you are in Cairo too, may I ask what VR headset are you using? I've been trying to add support for DayDream and GearVR. but I don't nearly have enough cash It would be awesome to get some feedback from these devices owners.
The Following User Says Thank You to noha.ibraheem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noha.ibraheem Ad-Free
25th May 2017, 02:02 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Giza

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsky

I'll take a look later today after I get off work.

Thanks a lot! I appreciate it
25th May 2017, 09:37 PM |#6  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 190

More
Actually I'm using a cheap cardboard VR Hhhhhhh..... rbena m3aki and I'm wishing you all the best Ramadan Kareem!
26th May 2017, 06:54 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Giza

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by modaifallah

Actually I'm using a cheap cardboard VR Hhhhhhh..... rbena m3aki and I'm wishing you all the best Ramadan Kareem!

kollena haza alsha5s ... jazaka Allah 5airan for everything we Ramadan kareem
The Following User Says Thank You to noha.ibraheem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noha.ibraheem Ad-Free
28th May 2017, 08:38 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Giza

More
A sneak peek into version 0.8 of the NOMone VR Browser showing the new "Looking around" feature in action.
Yep, looking at the corners is no longer an issue

https://www.facebook.com/nomonesoftw...4232090586836/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noha.ibraheem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noha.ibraheem Ad-Free
3rd June 2017, 03:08 AM |#9  
Flag Gaya, India
Thanks Meter: 140

Donate to Me
More
for test purposes I'd suggest you to buy Google cardboard v2 (made with cardboard itself) costs just 2-3 $

another cheap and good enough cardboard
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Insten-DI...dband/44106294
The Following User Says Thank You to ridersam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ridersam Ad-Free
4th June 2017, 09:50 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Flag Giza

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridersam

for test purposes I'd suggest you to buy Google cardboard v2 (made with cardboard itself) costs just 2-3 $

another cheap and good enough cardboard
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Insten-DI...dband/44106294

Thanks a lot for your reply . We're planning to do something similar and integrate the cardboard SDK first; as it is available in my country. On the other hand, I can't find any place that sells Daydream and buying it from outside Egypt almost doubles its price. The problem is that Daydream users seam to be the majority of my app users. That's why I'm more interested in testing it on daydream and getting feedback.
5th July 2017, 09:55 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Flag Giza

More
NOMone VR Browser version 0.8 is here!

In this update:

New:
====
- VR keyboard.https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rbrowser&hl=en
- Look-around option (easily look at corners).
- Restrictions (we're really sorry) on free usage

Fixes:
======
- TONS of fullscreen video issues.
- Bookmarks not deletable on some devices.
- Android > 5.0 devices not able to view videos from storage.
- Gyroscope movement not smooth on low resolution devices.
This has taken quite a while, it was a tough release. Thanks a lot for your patience and support. Please help us decide what features to add next

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rbrowser&hl=en
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)