FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][6.0+] SystemUI Tuner

4,571 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,453

By Zacharee1, Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator on 13th April 2017, 12:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th April 2017, 11:28 PM |#11  
OP Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
I'm making some good progress on a non-root version. So far the status bar icons work. I'm having trouble with intents, so Demo Mode is going to hold this back a bit.

There will be some setup required using ADB if you don't have root, but it's just a permissions grant, and there will be instructions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zacharee1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2017, 01:12 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
So far I'm loving it, although the orientation lock icon is really bugging me. Other than that, I don't have any problems, great job!
The Following User Says Thank You to immarcel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift immarcel Ad-Free
14th April 2017, 01:26 AM |#13  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Is it possible for this to modify the location of the items? For example move the clock to centre? I've got potato clock for this at the moment but combining it into this app would be great.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Holty07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Holty07 Ad-Free
14th April 2017, 02:23 AM |#14  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holty07

Is it possible for this to modify the location of the items? For example move the clock to centre? I've got potato clock for this at the moment but combining it into this app would be great.

Really the only thing I'm trying to do with is app is replicate and improve SystemUI Tuner. To actually move items, I'd need to modify the SystemUI itself, which would be a lot of work to make universal.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zacharee1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2017, 02:24 AM |#15  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by immarcel

So far I'm loving it, although the orientation lock icon is really bugging me. Other than that, I don't have any problems, great job!

Can you try running this?

Code:
adb shell settings put secure icon_blacklist rotation_lock
Tell me if that works to hide rotation lock (it'll unhide any other options you set).
14th April 2017, 02:55 AM |#16  
Flag Kettering
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Blu Life One X2

DUDE. Non root mode works BEAUTIFULLY. Can't hide the clock, but I just wanted to hide Bluetooth, wifi, do not disturb, and alarm clock.

You rock. One of the biggest disappointments when I got this phone; they disabled the System UI Tuner.

Thank you!! Let me know when we can give you $$ 😊
The Following User Says Thank You to seven58o For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift seven58o Ad-Free
14th April 2017, 02:59 AM |#17  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven58o

Blu Life One X2

DUDE. Non root mode works BEAUTIFULLY. Can't hide the clock, but I just wanted to hide Bluetooth, wifi, do not disturb, and alarm clock.

You rock. One of the biggest disappointments when I got this phone; they disabled the System UI Tuner.

Thank you!! Let me know when we can give you $$

Glad to see it's working! Since I only tested this on a V20 and an emulator before launch, it's especially nice

If you ever want to donate, there's a button on the website on the side of my posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zacharee1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2017, 04:06 AM |#18  
Flag Melbourne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharee1

Can you try running this?

Tell me if that works to hide rotation lock (it'll unhide any other options you set).

This didn't work and all items returned as you said. Unable to use the app now too.
14th April 2017, 04:07 AM |#19  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

This didn't work and all items returned as you said. Unable to use the app now too.

Are you on the latest version?
14th April 2017, 04:11 AM |#20  
Flag Melbourne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharee1

Are you on the latest version?

Yeah. I found the correct name for the rotation lock icon it's just rotate.
I ran the command above with all the icons I wanted hidden and now I don't need the app really lol. Thanks for the command!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Holty07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Holty07 Ad-Free
14th April 2017, 04:13 AM |#21  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah. I found the correct name for the rotation lock icon it's just rotate.
I ran the command above with all the icons I wanted hidden and now I don't need the app really lol. Thanks for the command!

Newest version of the app needs you to press the "I am rooted" button on the home page.

Yeah, this app is really just to make it easier to do all the stuff you can do with commands. If you're fine with the commands, use em .
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zacharee1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)