What is Better Open With?
With so many cool Android apps, Better Open With saves you the hassle of having to choose only one default app handler when you click a filetype, and without having to choose between "only once" and "always"!
Created to mimic Android's default "Complete action using" dialog, Better Open With shows you a visually similar popup screen when you choose to open a link, an image, a PDF or any other filetype - listing all possible app handlers as you normally see.
What's different is that you only see the popup dialogue for a few seconds (5 seconds by default, but customizable), allowing you to choose an app handler if you want, after which it will automagically open it with your preferred app!
Better Open With is handy if:
- you switch between browsers, but usually have one preferred app;
- you prefer using one app to view your PDFs, photos and other files, but sometimes use another app to edit them;
- you usually want video links to open with a player, but sometimes you want to open them with an app that lets you download the file, and maybe yet another that will Chromecast it;
- Set countdown time for each file type
- Choose between grid and list view
- Set text size, show only icon (no text) and other options
- Light and Dark themes available
Download Better Open With from Google Play or scan the qr code:
Better Open With, App for all devices (see above for details)
Stable Release Date: 2014-07-29
Last Updated 2014-07-29