FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] [WhatsCloud] [Analyze your WhatsApp chats and groups] [4.4+]

724 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,120

Post Reply Email Thread

WhatsCloud is an android app which allows you to analyze your WhatsApp chat history on the fly with only one click
Edit

Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...red.whatscloud

Project Page: https://github.com/sirmordred/WhatsCloud

We’re all using WhatsApp everyday and we are part of countless WhatsApp chat groups but Have you ever wondered statistical data about your chats like how many message sent so far? How many of them are mine? Which words are used at most? etc.

WhatsCloud might help you find out by analyzing your WhatsApp chats on the fly with only one click. It’s a data analysis and visualization app which features:
  • Analyze chat with each participants
  • Graphical representaion of statistical data via charts and graphs
  • Interactive graphs (zoom and pan)
  • Most active chat participants
  • Average message sending frequency
  • etc.

How is it working?

Although WhatsApp doesn’t give us a public API, it does allow users to export their chat history into a *.txt file.

WhatsCloud analyzes that user generated export of chat history on the fly and gives various graphical represantations of analyzed statistical data

There will be more features and different statistical data in the future, Feel free to send me your opinions requests via project page written above

CHANGELOG

-Version 2.0
  • Added custom date format selector (so users can change date format through settings if they face any issue on stats)
  • Newly added "word counter" stats and metrics for both common group stats and individual participants stats
  • Most active chat participants
  • Fixed various exceptions
  • Increased font sizes of text on charts and graphs
  • Eliminated duplicated codes
  • Misc. fixes and updates

-Initial Release

Enjoy
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sir mordred For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sir mordred Ad-Free

3rd May 2019, 05:19 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
This is a great app to compare how many messages you sent vs. your spouse, for instance. It has great graphics and word placement to see more stats.

Would love to see a share feature in future releases to send results to contacts.
The Following User Says Thank You to theninjew For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift theninjew Ad-Free
3rd May 2019, 09:17 AM |#3  
Flag Bhopal
Thanks Meter: 28

Donate to Me
More
I just read about it in the xda, let me try it and come back for my review.
3rd May 2019, 02:36 PM |#4  
Flag Temperley
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Just installed, looks promising and fun!!!

One extrange bug is that I get active days in 2020, 2021.

And a recommendation\feature request: add a total word count to statistics, next to total message count. Checking some chats, I'm always down in message count, but for sure a made them longer hehe (sending this right now to github)
4th May 2019, 12:31 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 186

More
Hello bro! Could the data exported be used for training AI models/networks?
4th May 2019, 06:17 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
So we're giving permission to this app to read all our messages?
4th May 2019, 08:32 AM |#7  
Flag Muscat
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Hi
I use whatsapp business and a modded whatsapp rather than regular whatsapp. Can you add a feature to select what whatsapp version the user is running.
Cheers
4th May 2019, 05:48 PM |#8  
Flag Temperley
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dthabet

So we're giving permission to this app to read all our messages?

No, the app reads only the messages you export in txt.
Not even close to open and read your WhatsApp chats database.
5th May 2019, 04:28 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlemanSantos

No, the app reads only the messages you export in txt.
Not even close to open and read your WhatsApp chats database.

Okay thanks for clarifying! I'll give it a try!
7th May 2019, 09:07 AM |#10  

More
What happens with the data I feed to the app after I got my graphs? Do the app keep it and upload it somewhere? I tried to find privacy policy for your app but couldn't locate it, so asking here.
9th May 2019, 03:21 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag mmcblk0p15
Thanks Meter: 1,120

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlemanSantos

Just installed, looks promising and fun!!!

One extrange bug is that I get active days in 2020, 2021.

And a recommendation\feature request: add a total word count to statistics, next to total message count. Checking some chats, I'm always down in message count, but for sure a made them longer hehe (sending this right now to github)

Ok mate i just released 2.0 version and implemented "word count" stats and metrics (for both common group and individual participants)
Check out changelog on first post for more information

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubono

Hi
I use whatsapp business and a modded whatsapp rather than regular whatsapp. Can you add a feature to select what whatsapp version the user is running.
Cheers

It shouldn't make any difference i think, isn't there "export chat history" option on WhatsApp Business too? if there is, it should simply work i though

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8192

What happens with the data I feed to the app after I got my graphs? Do the app keep it and upload it somewhere? I tried to find privacy policy for your app but couldn't locate it, so asking here.

WhatsCloud is just analyzes exported chat via stream on-the-fly and so it does not save that data stream to anywhere as .txt like file managers, it just does what it offers and thats all
Here is the privacy policy too mate: https://github.com/sirmordred/WhatsC...cy%20Policy.md
Enjoy
The Following User Says Thank You to sir mordred For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sir mordred Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, data analysis, whatsapp, whatscloud, word cloud

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)