FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

[APP][4.4+] Auto-Reply to Whatsapp, Slack, Email & more [BETA]

999 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,335

By crazyfool_1, Senior Member on 10th July 2017, 11:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey all - been working on this off and on for a while but I've finally got it in a place where it works to how I envisioned it so I'm super excited to share it with you all!

These days people expect instant replies to their instant messages & it's not always possible to oblige.

Texting & driving is dangerous, your boss probably isn't keen on your messaging at work, you might be in a meeting, you might have left your phone to go workout.. Fortunately, in any given situation, Can't Talk will respond for you.

Let people know you're busy, you're driving, you're in a meeting, you'll get back to them later.. You set the message, you set who & via which apps to respond to & Can't Talk does the rest.
It's "out of office" but not just limited to email. Whatsapp, Slack, SMS, missed calls, Telegram, Hangouts, Allo.. any app that let's you send a quick reply via it's notification - Can't Talk can respond to.

Features of note:
- You can auto reply to sms & missed calls as well as app notifications
- You can specify which apps can be replied to
- You can specific which contacts can be auto-replied to (this includes across apps like Whatsapp etc..)
- You get to specify the message that gets sent.

Features of note to come:
- Multiple profiles - so you can create a "work profile" or a "home profile" or a "driving profile" with specific responses/settings
- Contextual Switching - the ability to automatically turn profiles on & off depending on whether you're driving, in the office, at home etc..
- Contact specific responses

At this stage I'd really love your feedback on the app so far (this is a beta so there may be bugs) & more specifically what more would you want from an app like this?

Any and all feedback/suggestions would be hugely appreciated!

Beta on the Play Store here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2017-07-10-094931.png
Views:	7520
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	4207193   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2017-07-10-094736.png
Views:	7550
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	4207194  
The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to crazyfool_1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crazyfool_1 Ad-Free

1st September 2017, 07:39 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Huge update now on the Play Store
  • Added support for messaging apps such as Whatsapp, Hangouts etc..
  • Fixed a number of bugs
  • Added support for contact specific replies

Would love ANY feedback on the app! Happy Friday everyone!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crazyfool_1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crazyfool_1 Ad-Free
18th September 2017, 02:45 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
New update will be on the Play Store shortly, lots of bug fixes & a much tidier UI 🤓🤓
The Following User Says Thank You to crazyfool_1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crazyfool_1 Ad-Free
18th September 2017, 03:51 PM |#4  
Flag Toluca, Mexico
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Nice app but second reply time is 12 min after the first reply to the same person that not good. it should be the frequent reply. or is it work without the internet?
The Following User Says Thank You to Wendell Hill For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wendell Hill Ad-Free
20th September 2017, 08:59 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Hill

Nice app but second reply time is 12 min after the first reply to the same person that not good. it should be the frequent reply. or is it work without the internet?

Thanks for the feedback! Was it a reply to the same message, & which app was it replying too (whatsapp, sms, etc)? There is a setting under Advanced Settings to change the reply frequency, it defaults to 15 minutes meaning it'll auto reply to any NEW messages you receive from the same contact or app after 15 minutes.

If you have a better idea about how reply frequency should work I'm all ears Maybe people want the option to reply to 1 contact 1 time ever, until the app is switched off?
The Following User Says Thank You to crazyfool_1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crazyfool_1 Ad-Free
20th September 2017, 05:08 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
New beta is up! Ton of bug fixes, some layout improvements.. Feedback as always is encourage
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crazyfool_1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crazyfool_1 Ad-Free
20th September 2017, 08:49 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Messenger?
Does this (can this) work with Facebook Messenger?
20th September 2017, 09:19 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Finally an extremely useful app thank you...
The Following User Says Thank You to SRSCAA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SRSCAA Ad-Free
21st September 2017, 12:34 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Text field box should read, TAP to edit. Not TO to edit
21st September 2017, 12:36 AM |#10  
Flag Huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Interesting application buddy. Love the opening animations.

One thing I found annoying, is that for almost anything I changed, there was no "Save" button. Thus I had to first click "Back" arrow and then a prompt would ask if I want to save or discard. Could have used only a single click if there was a "Save" button.

Also, there needs to be some modification for the secondary text field, e.g. Apps Secondary or Advanced Secondary.
21st September 2017, 01:14 AM |#11  
Flag Bothell
Thanks Meter: 2,738

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfool_1

anyone on the beta will get a promo code when I add the IAP

How would you know who had joined the beta, though? When I click the "Become a tester" button on the play store, does it send my email to the developer?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)