Tap, Tap is currently in alpha, and has been released at this time due to the interest around the feature, and its appearance in MIUI 13. Stay tuned for updates with new features, including gates for specific actions (eg. running an action only when a certain apps is open), and integration with apps such as Tasker. If you'd like to report a bug or suggest a feature, you can do so in this thread or on the GitHub.
Example video, showing launching the camera on double tap
Changelog for latest version (0.3 Alpha):
- Actually moved Tasker to advanced, and the Task option should now be available. Sorry about that in alpha 0.2.
- More MD2 style UI changes (thanks Giorgio Cantoni)
- Switched links to Chrome Custom Tabs, except XDA link when the XDA app is installed (thanks Giorgio Cantoni)
- Translations for Simplified Chinese (thanks hjthjthjt), Russian (thanks Fedor Shatokhin), Brazilian Portuguese (thanks Rodrigo Souza), Chinese (Taiwan) (thanks Kevin Kung) and Ukrainian (Petro Bilyi)
- Added an action for launching a "legacy" launcher shortcut, such as Google Maps directions
- Added the CALL_PHONE permission as a COMPLETELY OPTIONAL permission, purely to support the ability for an absolute mad person to map the gesture to the "Direct Dial" launcher shortcut, which needs that permission. You must grant this manually if you absolutely definitely want to do that, the app will NEVER ask for that permission normally.
Version 0.3 Alpha