Thanks Meter: 1,745

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Boelcke

@DiamondJohn Please check download link in OP. Currently it reads

[url="http://bit.ly/31h4Rlt"]TeMeFI-v1.0.45/url]
but should read:
TeMeFI-v1.0.45
I know just to copy and paste http://bit.ly/31h4Rlt into the browser does also work.

Yep, you were right, it was missing the "[" before the ending URL tag . XDA has had an issue for a long time regarding DEV dB projects where it will time out when I press save, so a preview is not a practical option. Fixed.

6th July 2019, 08:50 AM |#112  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Service New Build!
New Version v1.0.46
  • some minor changes including the formatting of menu prefix of the "extended" menu items (eg the prefix of the two new ones added)
Download: SEE OP!

New Items. These two items have multi level dynamically built options based off the previous menu item level selection.
  • Dynamic Lists>Media Scan File(s) - Start Character
  • Dynamic Lists>Media Scan File(s) - Date Range

These two menu items/entry points enable you to run a media scan on a specific file or group of files. The big limitation is that you can only scan files that are in paths that already have at least one media file in them.
This limitation will be evident in the first list, which returns a list of paths based off of the paths in your media scanner dB already. I use it when I add a new mp3, but do not want to reboot to see it in my media dB

Another suggestion that I personally use, as the list of paths can be large (I have a 64GB sdcard with OCD paths), is to use the dynamic menu filter option, by long pressing the X after the menu is displayed, and entering some filter text, such as "music"
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
16th July 2019, 04:31 AM |#113  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
New Build!
New Version v1.0.47

This version is simply a bug fix. The bug was apparent in many of the dynamic created menu items.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
30th July 2019, 08:07 AM |#114  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
New Build!
New Version v1.0.48

Changes:
  • Added a new Media Scan method that actually uses Java to scan media files instead of the shell. This is the only real action that is NOT performed using shell commands. So its a major departure, but a big fix to something that was flakey using shell commands. Now it works really well but still takes advantage of the filtering features of the current menu system. However, as I type, I think this has a small inconsistancy (ie bug...) that does not respect sub-paths fully/cleanly
  • corrected bug which incorrectly allowed showing extended menu commands. that were wrong.now it simply tells you you cant.

New menu items:
  • Dynamic Lists>Media Scan>Media Scan File(s) [Java] - Date Range
  • Dynamic Lists>Media Scan>Media Scan File(s) [Java] - Start Character

... weren't the following two already there...
  • Dynamic Lists>Media Scan>Media Scan File(s) - Start Character
  • Dynamic Lists>Media Scan>Media Scan File(s) - Date Range
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
11th August 2019, 11:37 PM |#115  
Thanks Meter: 233

More
What an AMAZING app! Some may say that the app is for dummies who are too lazy to figure out how to get info the 'right' way. I say that it provides entree to a complex world that would otherwise be inaccessible, and thereby sparking curiousity and further exploration.

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to TiTiB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TiTiB Ad-Free
14th August 2019, 03:21 AM |#116  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiTiB

Some may say that the app is for dummies

Who said that?!? apart from you just now...

There are literally hundreds of commands in TeMeFi, which I have coded. Even though I typed them all in, I cant remember all of them. This app keeps them in a single search-able place. And you can also save off your favorites, to not even have to remember where in the menu they are.

I guess, I'm one of the "dummies"

Quote:

...who are too lazy to figure out how to get info the 'right' way.

To do any Root function, all apps need to break out into a root shell, which is exactly how TeMeFi does it.

Quote:

I say that it provides entree to a complex world that would otherwise be inaccessible, and thereby sparking curiousity and further exploration.

Additionally, who carries a keyboard around with them. Or wants to type into a terminal shell on their phone.

As far as "entree" level, let me know what it is missing? maybe I will add it. I am running out of ideas/features/shell commands.

It also does things I have not personally found in any other app yet. The two that come to mind specifically are:
  • Hibernate, Freeze, Hide. The first two are common in many root apps, the "Hide" almost appears to be a hidden feature of android, and is much better than the more commonly available freeze. [Application Info/Manage>State>Hibernate-Freeze-Hide]
  • Graphical display of the phone in Doze cycles [Currently Running>Doze>Doze Cycle Graph]
As well as combining the features of many apps into one.

Another feature is that you can get the shell source code for all the commands that it runs. So as to include in a custom boot script (which I have personally done) or as a Tasker command. I am a little surprised that Tasker users have not cottoned on to this yet. Or alternatively as a custom script triggered by something like LMT; which I have also done.

I basically use it every day for something, without having to connect up to my computer or remember some cryptic shell code, or have to type into a tiny terminal window using a pop-out software keyboard, only to type in one character wrong and have to retype the whole thing
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
14th August 2019, 08:22 AM |#117  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

Who said that?!? apart from you just now...

I meant my post as a compliment! really. I just didn't communicate it effectively.

The 'some may say...' thing is only from previous experience and is the kind of thing I've heard before from crusty old tech folks when they encounter a tool that simplifies a task that they used to have to perform excruciatingly manually. I've been one of those guys beforeโ€”I bought my first PC in 1983โ€”so perhaps I am just projecting.

I absolutely love TeMeFi! Not just for its usefulness, but for it's absence of unnecessary...um, everything. I like my tools to be lean and mean, and TeMeFi is definitely that.

Sincerely, thanks, again

FYI, I didn't write, nor mean 'entree level'. I wrote 'entree', providing an entry to. I was feeling a bit full of myself and my huge vocabulary when I wrote that. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TiTiB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TiTiB Ad-Free
14th August 2019, 09:12 AM |#118  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:

I meant my post as a compliment! really. I just didn't communicate it effectively.

No worries (Australian for "you have nothing to be concerned about"), i should of wrapped my response in [humor][/humor] tags. I took no offence, and was only playing the victim for humor. I went into some detail just using your post as an excuse to talk about some items.

As for being "lean and mean", it is basically a menu system, a shell command runner, and a database of all the shell commands. Sure, and a dancing banana.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
14th August 2019, 09:22 AM |#119  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

No worries (Australian for "you have nothing to be concerned about"), i should of wrapped my response in [humor][/humor] tags. I took no offence, and was only playing the victim for humor. I went into some detail just using your post as an excuse to talk about some items.

As for being "lean and mean", it is basically a menu system, a shell command runner, and a database of all the shell commands. Sure, and a dancing banana.

Thank you for clarifying! I'm usually the one who's dry wit gets misinterpreted. Now I can reread your post from the appropriate viewpoint. ๐Ÿ˜œ
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiTiB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TiTiB Ad-Free
14th August 2019, 12:09 PM |#120  
Cleveland area
Thanks Meter: 37

More
I just stumbled apond this app yesterday and I must say it is amazing! Apparently I found it after all the bugs were worked out because I have absolutely no issues with it on my S8 G950U running Nougat. Why is this not more well known? Spread the word guys, this app does things that no others do, at least so effortlessly. I can't wait to play around with it some more later today. Awesome job OP! Thank You for this.

I bet a pro version would do very well on the Play Store ๐Ÿ˜Š
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gregbmil1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gregbmil1 Ad-Free
15th August 2019, 02:01 AM |#121  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregbmil1

I just stumbled upon this app yesterday and I must say it is amazing!

Well, you got no arguments from me

When I first thought of the concept, I was really surprised I couldn't find something similar already

Quote:

Apparently I found it after all the bugs were worked out because I have absolutely no issues with it on my S8 G950U running Nougat.

Ha! I wish there were no bugs. Some issues to note.
  • Switching to other apps while its processing an action can be "flakey"
  • Turning the screen portrait-landscape while its processing an action can be "flakey"
  • Some items are specific to the android version or the ROM you have flashed
  • SQL Lite is not installed by default on all ROMs. Ironically, I found the Pie version of my ROM (Havoc-OS) did not include SQL Lite ; luckily I build my own ROMs so it wasn't hard to include it back in.
The issues we did have previously were commonly with root access, that seemed to be related to a beta version of Magisk.

Quote:

Why is this not more well known? Spread the word guys, this app does things that no others do, at least so effortlessly.

This forum moves sooooo quickly, its off the first page within a day. I am also careful not to use gorilla marketing in in-appropriate threads. But you feel free to mention it when appropriate

Quote:

I can't wait to play around with it some more later today.

Carefull, there is a LOT in there, it can become a time blackhole

Quote:

I bet a pro version would do very well on the Play Store ๐Ÿ˜Š

But there currently is no advertising or limitations, so this IS the "pro version". I would see putting it up on the play store as a way to monetize it, but the complexity of what it does and support for the myriad of features/actions would far outweigh any possible monetary gain. Users here are probably a little more skilled than your general playstore user. I saw a review of an app called something like "don't shoot the messenger"and the first review is a kid complaining he didn't get to shoot the messenger
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)