Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,745

More
Service New build!
New Version v1.0.9 See OP for download

Added a few items
Corrected the log search functionality
Clean up the menu a little
Shortened the animation time (ie a few hundred milliseconds less waiting)
Added confirmations on some "dangerous" menu items

24th September 2018, 05:32 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Service New Build!
New Version v1.0.10 See OP for download

Fixed bug where id the menu was clicked before it first generated, it would never fully generate
Added a few items
Cleaned up the menu a little
26th September 2018, 02:35 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Service New build!
New Build!

See OP for download

The big change in this version is that the start-up time can be reduced significantly, by pre-setting the fact you have root and/or busybox. You can find these setting under
TeMeFI Configuration>Default Startup Config>
"Set ROOT available on Start-up"
"Set BUSYBOX available on Start-up"
"Remove Set ROOT on Start-up"
"Remove Set BUSYBOX on Start-up"
"Current Startup Config"

Added a few items (including the above)
Cleaned up the menu a little
4th October 2018, 02:50 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Service New build!
New Build!

New Version v1.0.12 See OP for download

New setting gives you the option to have the menu appear at the bottom, closer to where your fingers would be hovering over/near your nav bar etc. NB: You will need to exit (use the X in the menu) and restart the app for the setting to take effect.

PS: I would really suggest taking advantage of the start-up pre-config by pre-setting the fact you have root and/or busybox. You can find these setting under TeMeFI Configuration>Default Startup Config
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
4th October 2018, 03:28 PM |#15  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,445

Donate to Me
More
All I get is a dancing banana on my Pixel running Pie. Pressing back opens the menu and tapping Application Info / Manage makes it disappear. It does not prompt for root. I see it's targeting Jelly Bean 4.1, maybe that's why.
4th October 2018, 08:10 PM |#16  
Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 266

More
It's working fine on Oreo.
Thanks mate for this very handy App!!!

Regards.
The Following User Says Thank You to coldgin_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coldgin_ Ad-Free
5th October 2018, 01:13 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yochananmarqos

All I get is a dancing banana on my Pixel running Pie. Pressing back opens the menu and tapping Application Info / Manage makes it disappear. It does not prompt for root. I see it's targeting Jelly Bean 4.1, maybe that's why.

Check your root management app if you accidentally let the root message expire the first time, and thereby default to no. It will only ask once. Also maybe try wiping the data (totally safe) and restarting the app, that should re-trigger the root request. And to ask the obvious, are you sure you are rooted... Out of interest, are you using Magisk or SuperSU or simply root built into your ROM?

As for "JellyBean", that's simply the minimum targeted API. I am actually building and testing only on Oreo myself, and havent actually tested it on anything less than Nougat. I know at least one of the many commands wont work on anything less than KitKat. Just too lazy to test/support changes between Android versions, and don't want to restrict the minimum android version, as at least some of the functions will work on JellyBean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldgin_

It's working fine on Oreo.
Thanks mate for this very handy App!!!

I built it to be handy for me, so am not too surprised it's handy for at least one other person.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
5th October 2018, 01:32 AM |#18  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

Check your root management app if you accidentally let the root message expire the first time, and thereby default to no. It will only ask once. Also maybe try wiping the data (totally safe) and restarting the app, that should re-trigger the root request. And to ask the obvious, are you sure you are rooted... Out of interest, are you using Magisk or SuperSU or simply root built into your ROM?

As for "JellyBean", that's simply the minimum targeted API. I am actually building and testing only on Oreo myself, and havent actually tested it on anything less than Nougat. I know at least one of the many commands wont work on anything less than KitKat. Just too lazy to test/support changes between Android versions, and don't want to restrict the minimum android version, as at least some of the functions will work on JellyBean.

I built it to be handy for me, so am not too surprised it's handy for at least one other person.

I'm using Magisk 17.2. No, I did not miss the root prompt, it never comes. Android complains the app was designed for an older version of Android because the target SDK actually is Jelly Bean.

Sent from my Pixel using XDA Labs
5th October 2018, 01:48 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:

I'm using Magisk 17.2. No, I did not miss the root prompt, it never comes.

Then open the Magisk Manager, go into the Superuser menu item, find TeMeFI in the list, and select it over to allow Superuser. Let me know how you go.

Quote:

Android complains the app was designed for an older version of Android because the target SDK actually is Jelly Bean.

That must be a new Pixel check. I know that the Playstore is now limiting new/updated apps to support a specific minimum android API, so it may be that they have added a test in their new version of android OS as well. I know there is some code I can change to change that, i'll look into it before the next release, but as a guess, its probably just a warning at this stage, but that's simply a guess, as I am on Oreo and haven't tested Pixel explicitly.
5th October 2018, 01:55 AM |#20  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

Then open the Magisk Manager, go into the Superuser menu item, find TeMeFI in the list, and select it over to allow Superuser. Let me know how you go.

Again, there was no root prompt and the app is not listed.

Sent from my Pixel using XDA Labs
6th October 2018, 03:58 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
New build!
Download: TeMeFi-v1.0.14.apk
MD5: f3e7423ee216e78e8bd5c334908e6814

Its a BETA for installation on PIE; or more specifically for Marshmallow+

Not in OP as its a BETA
  • Pie Aware
  • Hold down a menu item it will pop up a box with explanation/description, an option to preview the shell command BEFORE it is run, actually run it, or cancel (ie OK)
  • Switching options should now take effect without a restart. eg Toolbar at bottom.

I tested on Pie with root, and allow access to storage, and it all appears good. Tried disallowing storage and root, and still worked ok, but restricted of course. However, when I tried installing it on a ROM that simply did not have root, it failed. But not having root makes it difficult to debug whats gone wrong...

Please give it a go, and let me know how you go, and I will look further into the root installed/not installed issue. but simply assume that this version requires root, at least installed if not granted.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)