Thanks Meter: 1,745

More
New build!
Download: TeMeFi-v1.0.14.apk
MD5: f3e7423ee216e78e8bd5c334908e6814

Its a BETA for installation on PIE; or more specifically for Marshmallow+

Not in OP as its a BETA
  • Pie Aware
  • Hold down a menu item it will pop up a box with explanation/description, an option to preview the shell command BEFORE it is run, actually run it, or cancel (ie OK)
  • Switching options should now take effect without a restart. eg Toolbar at bottom.

I tested on Pie with root, and allow access to storage, and it all appears good. Tried disallowing storage and root, and still worked ok, but restricted of course. However, when I tried installing it on a ROM that simply did not have root, it failed. But not having root makes it difficult to debug whats gone wrong...

Please give it a go, and let me know how you go, and I will look further into the root installed/not installed issue. but simply assume that this version requires root, at least installed if not granted.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free

6th October 2018, 04:50 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yochananmarqos

Again, there was no root prompt and the app is not listed.

Thought I better quote you so you get a notification. Let me know how you go with the version above. NB: Its not in the OP.
6th October 2018, 05:44 AM |#23  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,445

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

Thought I better quote you so you get a notification. Let me know how you go with the version above. NB: Its not in the OP.

The dancing banana mocks me still. I see it's targeting SDK 26 now at least. Logcat attached.

Sent from my Pixel using XDA Labs
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2018-10-05-22-42-59.txt - [Click for QR Code] (259.2 KB, 8 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to yochananmarqos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yochananmarqos Ad-Free
6th October 2018, 09:04 AM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Service New build!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yochananmarqos

The dancing banana mocks me still. I see it's targeting SDK 26 now at least. Logcat attached.

The banana is not mocking you, it dances for your pleasure.

Anyway, I have this new build which I have tested on a Pixel device (rooted with Magisk, but also tested it before rooting), which appears to work well for me.

To ensure a clean install, uninstall any previous versions, and delete the folder /sdcard/TeMeFI, then install this new APK, and let me know. As I said, it works for me on a pixel ROM, AOSP based.

New Version v1.0.15

Download: TeMeFi-v1.0.15.apk
MD5: 5e16724d36f2dbc751c5acd347857821

Not in OP as yet, until I get confirmation from someone it isn't just me it works for.
  • Working on Pie for me
  • Opened up a few more Non-Root methods

Please give it a go, and let me know how you go.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
9th October 2018, 07:47 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
New build!
New Version v1.0.16

Download: SEE OP!
  • Pie Aware (uses storage permissions as implemented in Marshmallow & up)
  • Long press a menu item it will pop up a box with explanation/description, an option to preview the shell command BEFORE it is run, actually run it, or cancel (ie OK)
  • You can search within the results of the last output. Long press the "?" button in the menu, which normally searches the menu tree
  • Switching options should now take effect without a restart. eg Toolbar at bottom.
  • Changed some root/non root options
  • Added internal logging options (optional, defaults to off, exceptions are always logged)

I will do some info / doco on some of the new features in the coming days as they have made a big difference to TeMeFI's functionality.

NB: If you are running on less than Marshmallow, I would suggest the previous version if the newest doesn't run.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
10th October 2018, 02:15 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
just a note, the AAPT features, although available, only work on 32bit, not 64bit devices.
12th October 2018, 01:44 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Service New build!
New Version v1.0.17

Download: SEE OP!
  • Menu Animations
  • Added some more items
  • Fixed a couple of options
  • Fixed dumpysys and stat - it was including a carriage return in the filename
  • Fixed handling files with spaces in filename
  • added some long press actions to the toolbar items. Long press "?" filters current results, "#" excludes from current results. Can be performed recursively!
  • Other stuff...

I will do some info / doco on some of the new features in the coming days as they have made a big difference to TeMeFI's functionality. (said that before...)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
12th October 2018, 06:36 AM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Tutorial
A quick doco of one of the new features.

TeMeFI can Generate SELinux Allows, to be included in a ROM Build, based off of any denials in the currently running ROM.
Code:
Found under 
	Logcat > Logcats > Generate SELinux Allows

After generation, use the filter current / exclude from current

Write out the final results, and and integrate with your ROM
Its not fast,so be patient for the results

After you run it once, I would suggest running the "Logcat Clear" option, so you wont regenerate any on the next run.

There will be duplicates in the results, as it is generated directly off of the denials within a logcat, It also includes the triggering line as a commented line so as to allow an easy trace back to what cause it.

Use the "Filter Current Results" by long pressing the "?" on the toolbar to limit the results say to a specific app

Use the "Exclude filter of Current Results" by long pressing the "#" button in the toolbar to exclude items from the last results. For example, you may wish to exclude "untrusted_app" from your results.

I would also suggest the above is all run while under SELinux Permissive so as to not restrict what occurs. Which can also be switched ON/OFF within TeMeFI under (if you have built an enforcing kernel)
Code:
Current State > SELinux > Set SELinux PERMISSIVE
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
14th October 2018, 11:48 PM |#29  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1,141

More
I also initially got stuck on the dancing banana. But after I killed the app (recent menu, swipe up), on the next launch the requested su dialog pops up and it continues.

So, the dancing banana might be due to it waiting for root permission. Maybe adding a check for that would be better?

I'm on Pie using aicp.
The Following User Says Thank You to shaqman89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shaqman89 Ad-Free
15th October 2018, 06:02 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqman89

I also initially got stuck on the dancing banana. But after I killed the app (recent menu, swipe up), on the next launch the requested su dialog pops up and it continues.
I'm on Pie using aicp.

Out of interest, which root method (ie SuperUser, ROM Built In, Magisk) are you using? version (ie if Magisk, are you using 16.*, 17.1 or 17.2)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqman89

So, the dancing banana might be due to it waiting for root permission. Maybe adding a check for that would be better?

Technically, that's how you request and are granted root access. You try something requiring root, and the root method/system should respond and handle the request. ie its already there.
15th October 2018, 06:45 AM |#31  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1,141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

Out of interest, which root method (ie SuperUser, ROM Built In, Magisk) are you using? version (ie if Magisk, are you using 16.*, 17.1 or 17.2)?

Technically, that's how you request and are granted root access. You try something requiring root, and the root method/system should respond and handle the request. ie its already there.

I'm on magisk 17.2.

I understand. It seems that there are a few apps out there that somehow fails to request su on the first time.
Not really sure what causes it though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)